ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sarahw
Newly Registered

ILR questions

Post by Sarahw » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:33 pm

My husband’s uncle and family have said they have been granted ILR. They were sent documents from the HO (they say) which they filled in and now they have been granted ILR. I didn’t think there was going to be any more amnesties? They are here after claiming asylum and had there case refused twice in his name and once in hers. They are now planning on going back to their home county for a holiday as they haven’t been back for 6yrs as they couldn’t go. That seems mad, to claim asylum then visit the county you’re fleeing. I suppose I am bitter as my husband as gone down the legal route (ie visas the whole time) the whole way and its cost him ££ and taken time. Is the HO doing this?

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:34 am

Look up the case resolution programme.

oschayels
Newly Registered

Post by oschayels » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:51 pm

I know somebody who did the exact same thing. I mean it's crazy, apparantley after you recieve your status etc, the danger to your life no longer exists. This countr'y immigration system is such a joke. If these people are really seeking asylum because they are in fear of their lives, they shouldn't be allowed to return to where they were fleeing after they recieve their status.

People like that Iranian guy (who's boyfriend was killed because he was gay), who is actually in fear of his life, an actual genuine case get's refused.

sunny9675
BANNED

Post by sunny9675 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:32 pm

ho may watching on this line / area to tight control