ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help - need to get my parents here ASAP :(

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Arunya123
Newly Registered

Help - need to get my parents here ASAP :(

Post by Arunya123 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi,

I'm extremely sorry if I'm using the wrong section the forum (mods - please allocate to the right section).

Unfortunately my sister has passed away during the weekend. Our parent (both very old age) are living in Sri Lanka and I require to get them here as soon as possible. Of course I looked online to find the best information; however I wasn't able to find a section about emergency visa grant (not sure if it exists -it only went through as standard visitor visa).
They have travelled 4 times from Sri Lanka in the past 10 years. I'm a BC and my wife is an EU national.
Do they require sponsorship? or can they just book a flight and come? Which option will be quicker via the EU route or UK route? Past few times, they stayed 4-6 months; so we went through the visitor sponsorship for standard.
Due to death as the reason for them to come here, are you able to advise me if there are special circumstances /exceptions, such as emergency visa for them to come here as soon as possible.?

So sorry for asking this on this section, i'm desperate to get them here asap so we can continue finalising the plans of the funeral etc. We would be able to provide the death certificate on Monday/Tuesday earliest.. I'm hoping someone can advise me. Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help - need to get my parents here ASAP :(

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:32 pm

No need for duplicate posts across the sub forums.

Topic moved from Tier 1 General Dependents (Not ILR or Visit Visas) sub forum to the General UK Immigration sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hola2015

Re: Help - need to get my parents here ASAP :(

Post by Hola2015 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:38 pm

Arunya123 wrote:Hi,

I'm extremely sorry if I'm using the wrong section the forum (mods - please allocate to the right section).

Unfortunately my sister has passed away during the weekend. Our parent (both very old age) are living in Sri Lanka and I require to get them here as soon as possible. Of course I looked online to find the best information; however I wasn't able to find a section about emergency visa grant (not sure if it exists -it only went through as standard visitor visa).
They have travelled 4 times from Sri Lanka in the past 10 years. I'm a BC and my wife is an EU national.
Do they require sponsorship? or can they just book a flight and come? Which option will be quicker via the EU route or UK route? Past few times, they stayed 4-6 months; so we went through the visitor sponsorship for standard.
Due to death as the reason for them to come here, are you able to advise me if there are special circumstances /exceptions, such as emergency visa for them to come here as soon as possible.?

So sorry for asking this on this section, i'm desperate to get them here asap so we can continue finalising the plans of the funeral etc. We would be able to provide the death certificate on Monday/Tuesday earliest.. I'm hoping someone can advise me. Thanks!
Sorry for hearing of the loss of your sister, accept my condolensces. I was also in a similar situation to yours in June 2017, we had to apply for a visa for a family of a family friend who passed away so that a family member can attend the funeral. We discovered that there is an option to apply for a 1 day emergency visitor visa (please note that all visitor visas including family has to be under the standard visitor visa application form), but i am not sure if this service is available in Sri Lanka (Search SUPER PRIORITY VISA). This visa is costly but you should receive a response within 24 hours. For the service, I think it cost us an application fee of about £1300 including the fee for the standard visitor visa.

Please note that your parents still need to meet the requirements of the visitor visa though, that is you will need to sponsor them to come to the UK including evidence that they will return to Sri Lanka after their visit to the UK.

I hope this is helpful