ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Difficult Tier 2 situation need advice

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shadydrive
Newly Registered

Difficult Tier 2 situation need advice

Post by Shadydrive » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:28 pm

Hi All,

I am in quite a tricky situation at the moment and would really appreciate some advice.

My current Tier 2 visa is expiring soon (about 2 months). My team is currently deciding if they are able to keep me and thus extend my Tier 2 visa. They expect to come to a conclusion soon (within 1 month).

Because of this uncertainty, I have also applied to other companies (with A-rating tier 2 sponsors) and have reached the final interview stage of the processes. However, I am not sure if the RLMT has been done properly and am picking this up with them ASAP.

Given a choice between staying with my current employer / moving to the ones I'm interviewing with, I would prefer to move as the roles are more interesting.

If I am successful with my external applications this is what I intend to do:
1: wait for the CoS from the new employer (not sure how long this will take as they might need to conduct RLMT)
2: Apply for a same day Tier 2 visa appointment the moment i get the CoS
3. If the visa gets approved, I'll hand in my notice to my current employer and we are done.

However if for some reason the visa gets rejected, will I be able to make a new application immediately to extend my stay with my current employer? (assuming they are willing to keep me and issue a new CoS). Will there be any issues with me reapplying straight after getting rejected? (is there a period that I cannot re apply?)

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Difficult Tier 2 situation need advice

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:32 pm

You can only be offered the job AFTER the full and proper RLMT is conducted for the 28 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shadydrive
Newly Registered

Post by Shadydrive » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:38 pm

CR001 wrote:You can only be offered the job AFTER the full and proper RLMT is conducted for the 28 days.
Thanks CR001. Yes, I am aware of that.

What i meant is, assuming that I am offered the job AFTER the RLMT (so I will have 2-3 weeks left on my existing tier 2).

What i intend to do is.
Book a same day visa appointment and hopefully everything goes well.
If the visa gets rejected, will I be able to immediately book another same day service and extend my job with my current employer?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:15 am

yes u should be.. provided u apply with a cos and apply before your current visa expires.

Shadydrive
Newly Registered

Post by Shadydrive » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:23 pm

iworker wrote:yes u should be.. provided u apply with a cos and apply before your current visa expires.
Thanks iworker!

So seems that timing is key here! Hope everything will go smoothly!

Thanks,
Ben