ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Indguru90

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by Indguru90 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:57 pm

Elster wrote:
Ewelina_Sz wrote:Hello People,
Quick one ;)
How long time it takes now from Biometrics to date of receipt of approval ?
Hi Ewelina,

I wonder if there is some sort of internal target: most of the applications from the more recent timelines (self-selecting sample, I know, but the best I can go on) see a decision 3 months after the biometric details have been taken. Pre-Easter ones add another week or so, it would appear.

Overall, they've now pretty much reached 4 months from application to approval-letter-received for March applications (those that are clear runs and where no subsequent HO queries or other snags were reported) -- it was 3 months on average before.

Best,
Elster
Waiting times from NCS appointment/receipt of postal application was just over 50 days (less than 2 months) in the first half of 2017. This normally works out at four weeks after enrolment of biometrics. The Nationality Group is quite busy at the moment however (what with a modest increase in European cases) and summer time, but processing times are expected to revert back to 2 months in total after the summer.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:11 pm

Indguru90 wrote:
Waiting times from NCS appointment/receipt of postal application was just over 50 days (less than 2 months) in the first half of 2017. This normally works out at four weeks after enrolment of biometrics. The Nationality Group is quite busy at the moment however (what with a modest increase in European cases) and summer time, but processing times are expected to revert back to 2 months in total after the summer.
What is the source of your information?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Indguru90

Post by Indguru90 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:21 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Indguru90 wrote:
Re the highlighted point, a senior caseworker in the Permanent Migration Directorate. :)

The average processing times are normally between 40-50 days (in the public domain, see e.g. FOIA/statistical releases, or the Report from the Chief Inspector of Borders & Immigration).

TheVillager
Newly Registered

Post by TheVillager » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:35 pm

I applied for naturalisation for my family (my wife and I using the AN form and MN1 for our child) on 20 Mar 2017 via NCS. The status of the application changed to 'Decided' on 11 Jul 2017. My wife and child have received their decisions (the approval letter and certificate of registration respectively) but I still haven't (even though I was the 'Main applicant'). Any one else in this situation where approvals are received for family members but decision pending/in progress for the main applicant?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:34 pm

TheVillager wrote:I applied for naturalisation for my family (my wife and I using the AN form and MN1 for our child) on 20 Mar 2017 via NCS. The status of the application changed to 'Decided' on 11 Jul 2017. My wife and child have received their decisions (the approval letter and certificate of registration respectively) but I still haven't (even though I was the 'Main applicant'). Any one else in this situation where approvals are received for family members but decision pending/in progress for the main applicant?
There is no such "Main applicant" or "dependent applicant" process for citizenship. Each person applying must meet the requirements I dividually.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TheVillager
Newly Registered

Post by TheVillager » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:29 am

Thanks for responding. With the use of the phrase 'Main applicant' I meant I'm the individual to whom the letters of accepting the family application were addressed to (with the unique Case ID assigned). The status of the application for my Case ID says 'Decided' so I'm not sure if it's a case of delayed/missing post OR additional checks in progress for my application.

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:51 pm

Indguru90 wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:
Indguru90 wrote:
Re the highlighted point, a senior caseworker in the Permanent Migration Directorate. :)

The average processing times are normally between 40-50 days (in the public domain, see e.g. FOIA/statistical releases, or the Report from the Chief Inspector of Borders & Immigration).
Hello,

I've tried to find more info on the forum but no one replied to my "good character" post.

My story is: I've been employed by FTSE100 company since 2006, I was absolutely clueless about requirements and my employer should take care of all registrations, this is the reason why I didn't get WRS in 2006. Long story short - in 2010 some archives got water damaged and they realised I didn't have it so they asked me to do it and paid for it. I got my WRS in 2011 January. In 2012 I have obtained DCPR. Question is - will late WRS affect my Naturalisation application? I was told that DCPR = confirms me exercising treaty rights even though I did late WRS registration and I am wondering if that was overlooked. Is late WRS registration going to affect "good character" requirement?

Thank you in advance.

Indguru90

Post by Indguru90 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:04 pm

mahasam wrote: Hello,

I've tried to find more info on the forum but no one replied to my "good character" post.

My story is: I've been employed by FTSE100 company since 2006, I was absolutely clueless about requirements and my employer should take care of all registrations, this is the reason why I didn't get WRS in 2006. Long story short - in 2010 some archives got water damaged and they realised I didn't have it so they asked me to do it and paid for it. I got my WRS in 2011 January. In 2012 I have obtained DCPR. Question is - will late WRS affect my Naturalisation application? I was told that DCPR = confirms me exercising treaty rights even though I did late WRS registration and I am wondering if that was overlooked. Is late WRS registration going to affect "good character" requirement?

Thank you in advance.
Hi mahasam, you got lucky there with the DCPR being issued to you, as time spent as an A8 worker without WRS during the transitional period would not normally count. You are however right that, at least for naturalisation purposes, your DCPR is evidence of having exercised Treaty rights for five years and of having settled status under the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2016.

I assume your worry is about the - separate - good character requirement that the applicant should not have been in breach of UK immigration laws during the preceding 10 year period. In your case, however, the Home Office has already established by means of issuing your DCPR that your residence was lawful despite not having had WRS at the beginning of your residence. As such, you are reasonably entitled to assume that you satisfy the requirement. Your citizenship application should be unaffected by your lack of WRS. In any event, the nationality caseworker will not reopen the determination of your permanent residence, that is res judicata. Good luck with the application.

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:11 pm

Indguru90 wrote:

Thank you in advance.
Hi mahasam, you got lucky there with the DCPR being issued to you, as time spent as an A8 worker without WRS during the transitional period would not normally count. You are however right that, at least for naturalisation purposes, your DCPR is evidence of having exercised Treaty rights for five years and of having settled status under the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2016.

I assume your worry is about the - separate - good character requirement that the applicant should not have been in breach of UK immigration laws during the preceding 10 year period. In your case, however, the Home Office has already established by means of issuing your DCPR that your residence was lawful despite not having had WRS at the beginning of your residence. As such, you are reasonably entitled to assume that you satisfy the requirement. Your citizenship application should be unaffected by your lack of WRS. In any event, the nationality caseworker will not reopen the determination of your permanent residence, that is res judicata. Good luck with the application.
Thank you, you have calmed me down, I couldn't stop thinking about this since I've sent my application :)

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:09 am

Indguru90 wrote:

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

Actually, the last question if I may - I have received my DCPR on 24/04/2012, my residence covers 5 years prior that date and I have applied for the Naturalisation on 12/04/2017. 12/04/2007 to 12/04/2017 have 11 days that fall out of the DCPR. Technically speaking those 11 days probably were without a WRS registration and it falls within last 10 years. Can this be an issue? Not sure how thoroughly case workers look through the case.

Thanks!

100kg

Post by 100kg » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:52 pm

i think things will come abit quick for us may Applicants, i have seen two or three cases for april already, hopefully by mid august or latest august May applicants will start getting good news.

praying for good news people. any one for May. updates pls. though i have some one in may who got his approval yet. he was very lucky

Indguru90

Post by Indguru90 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:23 pm

Actually, the last question if I may - I have received my DCPR on 24/04/2012, my residence covers 5 years prior that date and I have applied for the Naturalisation on 12/04/2017. 12/04/2007 to 12/04/2017 have 11 days that fall out of the DCPR. Technically speaking those 11 days probably were without a WRS registration and it falls within last 10 years. Can this be an issue? Not sure how thoroughly case workers look through the case.

Thanks!
Hi mahasam, there are two separate reasons why those 11 days predating the period based on which you acquired PR should not affect your naturalisation:

(1) whilst your non-WRS time does fall within the 10-year period for assessment of good character, your lack of WRS does not amount to the level of immigration breach set out in para.9.5 of the Nationality Guidance (e.g. absconding, failure to report etc.)

(2) as previously explained, UKVI has already determined the legality of your prior residence. As a matter of law, this is pretty much conclusive and won't be reopened by the Nationality Group (in other words, UKVI cannot apply a different legal standard to those 11 days than they applied to your PR application). In any event, your application will not be scrutinised so meticulously unless you have previously had trouble with the IND/BIA/UKBA/UKVI, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Hopefully you'll get a letter from UKVI in the coming days - at the moment, processing times generally are well above their usual average of 50 calendar days.

liz2729
Newly Registered

Post by liz2729 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:46 pm

Hi all,

I applied for citizenship on 30 March and did my biometrics on 14 April. My online status says Awaiting Decision and hasn't been updated since 25 May. I am married to a BC, have had ILR for six years, and can't think of any reason why there would be a problem. I have a permanent job and am from a non-EEA county.

Should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:10 pm

liz2729 wrote:Hi all,

I applied for citizenship on 30 March and did my biometrics on 14 April. My online status says Awaiting Decision and hasn't been updated since 25 May. I am married to a BC, have had ILR for six years, and can't think of any reason why there would be a problem. I have a permanent job and am from a non-EEA county.

Should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance for any insight.
It's just been about four months which appears to be average at the moment you cannot read anything into this, so just have to wait.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:18 pm

Hi Guys

I have applied for naturalization . I see people posting that their "Online status " update is saying that or that.

How do I check my application online ? Can somebody please share a link?

Really appreicate

Thanks

Ali

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:31 pm

MAS99 wrote:Hi Guys

I have applied for naturalization . I see people posting that their "Online status " update is saying that or that.

How do I check my application online ? Can somebody please share a link?

Really appreicate

Thanks

Ali
There is a whole topic dedicated to this.

british-citizenship/check-the-status-of ... 32268.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tgunner
Newly Registered

Post by Tgunner » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:18 am

Hi all,
I just need a bit of advise. i applied for BC through JCAP on the 27/04/2017

i'm just worried about the good character requirements, so here goes

I cam to the UK on a student visa in 2006 and i applied for a renewal a year later but I was only granted for a month which was bizarre. I then submitted another application but the caseworker requested extra information about my sponsor and my account showed two stream of income(Both jobs still didn't amount to more than the stipulated 20hrs a week restriction). The visa was later refused but I appealed the decision which was dismissed. I then applied for EEA2 family member through my uncle which I had been dependent on. this was granted in October 2010. Throughout this period I have been working.

my question

1) Was I entitled to work after my appeal was dismissed
2) Can I be refused because I was denied my student visa for not providing evidence of a sponsor.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:22 am

Tgunner wrote:Hi all,

I cam to the UK on a student visa in 2006 and i applied for a renewal a year later but I was only granted for a month which was bizarre. I then submitted another application but the caseworker requested extra information about my sponsor and my account showed two stream of income(Both jobs still didn't amount to more than the stipulated 20hrs a week restriction). The visa was later refused but I appealed the decision which was dismissed. I then applied for EEA2 family member through my uncle which I had been dependent on. this was granted in October 2010. Throughout this period I have been working.

my question

1) Was I entitled to work after my appeal was dismissed No as you had no legal visa status.
2) Can I be refused because I was denied my student visa for not providing evidence of a sponsor. What do you mean by 'sponsor'?

Thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tgunner
Newly Registered

Post by Tgunner » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:42 am

CR001 wrote:

my question

1) Was I entitled to work after my appeal was dismissed No as you had no legal visa status.
2) Can I be refused because I was denied my student visa for not providing evidence of a sponsor. What do you mean by 'sponsor'?

Thanks
I was asked who was paying for my fees and sustenance in the UK.

I believe Section 3C still applies since I have not exhausted the appeal process. I remember my Lawyer suggested JR before we filled for EEA2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:49 am

Tgunner wrote:
CR001 wrote:

my question

Thanks

I believe Section 3C still applies since I have not exhausted the appeal process. I remember my Lawyer suggested JR before we filled for EEA2
If you did not follow through with further appeals processes, your section 3C ended when the last appeal was dismissed. Applying for EEA2 as an extended family member DOES NOT give you any rights or Section 3C protection. So you have no legal stay from the date your last UK visa expired to the date your EEA2 was granted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tgunner
Newly Registered

Post by Tgunner » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tgunner wrote:
CR001 wrote:

my question

Thanks

If you did not follow through with further appeals processes, your section 3C ended when the last appeal was dismissed. Applying for EEA2 as an extended family member DOES NOT give you any rights or Section 3C protection. So you have no legal stay from the date your last UK visa expired to the date your EEA2 was granted.

Wow, Thanks. So it's likely my naturalisation application will be refused?

Tgunner
Newly Registered

Post by Tgunner » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:22 pm

But I recall my COA was with a right to work.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:22 pm

Section 3c leave lasts till the end of the AR process. As CR001 has advised, that leave ended when the last appeal was dismissed.

EEA applications do not extend Section 3c leave. Therefore you had no valid leave between the time your last appeal was dismissed and your EFM EEA application.

An EFM only gets the right to reside in the UK after s/he has been issued with a Residence Card.

So, you had no legal status in the UK between the last appeal dismissal and the issue of the EFM Residence Card. So, there is a good chance that your citizenship application will be refused.

How long was the gap between the last appeal and the EFM Residence Card?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Tgunner
Newly Registered

Post by Tgunner » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:10 pm

My residence permit ran out in Dec 2008. My application to renew was refused which then led to the appeal and ultimately the dismissal of the appeal in late 2009. Then I applied for EEA family member which was granted in October 2010. I'm sure I was issued a long COA with a right to work. Because I took employment in 2009. My lawyer mentioned judicial review which would have extended section 3c but I can't remember if he went ahead with it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:14 pm

Tgunner wrote:My residence permit ran out in Dec 2008. My application to renew was refused which then led to the appeal and ultimately the dismissal of the appeal in late 2009. Then I applied for EEA family member which was granted in October 2010. I'm sure I was issued a long COA with a right to work. Because I took employment in 2009. My lawyer mentioned judicial review which would have extended section 3c but I can't remember if he went ahead with it.
Judicial review does not extend section 3C. Only if your JR is successful if HO made an error, will the period of overstay be overlooked. Trust me, you would have known if he went ahead with JR because it is a very expensive process through the courts.

Extended family members who apply for a EEA EFM residence card have no automatic rights under the EEA regulations and don't usually get a COA with right to work.
Char (CR001 not Casa)