ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 extension- COS expiriy

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brucewayne20172017
Newly Registered

TIER 2 extension visa - COS expiry/invlaid application

Post by brucewayne20172017 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:24 pm

Hi all,
I applied for my Tier 2 extension as a "standard application on 12 May", four days before my current visa's expiry. I received a reply from Home office on 24 July stating my application is invalid as I paid the wrong application fee, however the "letter was typed on 12 July".
Therefore, I "reapplied again on 25 July" paying the right fee "(COS expiring on 12 August)"
My HR checked with Employee checking services and they received a reply that I shouldn't be continued to be employed as I don't have the right to work in the UK.
My questions are
1. Is it ok if my COS expires when my application is still in process?
2.Am I in danger of getting refused this time?
3.Is my COS letter still valid if my employer dismisses me?

I would really appreciate if I get some answers for my questions.\
Thanks in advance.

brucewayne20172017
Newly Registered

TIER 2 extension- COS expiriy

Post by brucewayne20172017 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:11 pm

Hello,
Is it ok if my COS expires while my Tier 2 extension application is in process? I submitted my application 17 days before COS expiry.

Thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: TIER 2 extension visa - COS expiry/invlaid application

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:23 pm

brucewayne20172017 wrote:Hi all,
I applied for my Tier 2 extension as a "standard application on 12 May", four days before my current visa's expiry. I received a reply from Home office on 24 July stating my application is invalid as I paid the wrong application fee, however the "letter was typed on 12 July".
Therefore, I "reapplied again on 25 July" paying the right fee "(COS expiring on 12 August)"
My HR checked with Employee checking services and they received a reply that I shouldn't be continued to be employed as I don't have the right to work in the UK.
My questions are
1. Is it ok if my COS expires when my application is still in process?
2.Am I in danger of getting refused this time?
3.Is my COS letter still valid if my employer dismisses me?

I would really appreciate if I get some answers for my questions.\
Thanks in advance.

Given your situation, you should have applied using the premium service for your second application. Now that your visa has expired, you will not be allowed to work for the company until you get a response for your new application. It could take another 2 months. I guess your company is not dismissing you, you are not just allowed to work for them until you get your visa. And I hope this will not reset your continuous 5 years toward ILR if the gap in more than 60 days.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

brucewayne20172017
Newly Registered

Re: TIER 2 extension- COS expiriy

Post by brucewayne20172017 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:15 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your response, I received an email from UKVI today,

"This email is about the online Tier 2 (General) leave to remain visa application for MY NAME

This application is reaching the date of expiry. If you do not sign in again before Oct 3, 2017, the application will be deleted. This is done to protect your privacy."

I did sign in and it looks like its a link to start a new application. I'm not sure on what to do next. 8 weeks is up and no letter from the UKVI.

Has anyone received an email similar to this ? please help

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: TIER 2 extension- COS expiriy

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:16 am

YOu only receive such emails if you have an uncompleted online application. If you are sure you don't have any uncompleted application online, then it might be an error for UKVI.
I can't think of any other reason why you received such an email
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.