ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Northern Ireland Application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Samj008
Newly Registered

Northern Ireland Application

Post by Samj008 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi There,

I am applying on the basis of Marriage and residence in Northern Ireland. My question is regarding the witnesses, do they need to be Irish Citizen's, or is it enough that they are Northern Irish?

Cheers,
Sam

dupalsky

Re: Northern Ireland Application

Post by dupalsky » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:59 pm

I think you already know what the answer is. There is no point asking! It is written clearly on the form that the witnesses have to be Irish citizen.

Whether they live in Northern Ireland or not doesn't make any difference. But you have to make sure they are Irish, not English. But my advise, however, is try to use Irish citizen passport holder if they live in the north or any nationality, but Irish passport holder.

If you notice, on that form they are meant to provide their date of birth as well. In my opinion, this enable they department to access their profile on their system, but if they their birth were registered, say in England and the never applied for an Irish passport in their life, there is no way they access information they haven't got.

Dupal