ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Disclosing facts on citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Josh29
Newly Registered

Disclosing facts on citizenship application

Post by Josh29 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:12 pm

I'm already due to apply for the citizenship and I'm well ware that I eligible to apply as Im on ILR since 2 years. coming under family pressure back in India I have got marry there and it was my second marriage as I'm already married in UK. My wife complained to HO trough some charity and given evidence that I got married 2nd time in India. Shall I disclose that on my application for naturalisation and will that affect my application in any way ?

secret.simon

Re: Disclosing facts on citizenship application

Post by secret.simon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:17 pm

Have you been charged by the police with any offence?

You won't be able to sponsor your second wife to the UK for a spousal visa as you would not have been free to marry under UK law at the time of your second marriage. She can of course apply to come to the UK herself under the PBS routes.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Josh29
Newly Registered

Post by Josh29 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:21 pm

I been in UK from past 10 years and have clean criminal record. In 2015 I been to see my parents only and I can't tell them that I married a non Indian women here. So they thought that I'm single and with emotionally pressure they forced me to marry one of my relative. Last week HO officials who give free advice to public in London and manage to get the 2nd marriage certificate from my first wife.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:33 pm

May I inquire which faith you belong to (because personal matters such as marriage are governed by faith laws in India)?

Assuming that you are not of the Islamic faith (who are still allowed four wives as per Indian family law), it is possible that by not disclosing your first marriage in India, you may have committed a crime in India as well.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Josh29
Newly Registered

Post by Josh29 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:37 pm

I'm not Muslim and I may have committed ,

I'm planning to disclose this to HO as forced marriage and I'm in process of filing divorce in India.

Rizcon

Post by Rizcon » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:47 pm

Josh29 wrote:I'm not Muslim and I may have committed ,

I'm planning to disclose this to HO as forced marriage and I'm in process of filing divorce in India.
[/

Why you brought the evidence of your second marriage to the UK and how your British wife managed to get the evidence?
I know it's something not relevant to this forum,but why you married second time even if your parents forced you to do so and now if you divorce her then will not this affect your family especially your parents who emotionally forced you to do so?
I know that in India, one's wrong doings ruins many families especially in divorce cases and that's the only reason I'm writing all this.Divorcing her may sort out your immigration problems but you will end up in more emotional dramas and problems. Please, think about it.
I apologise in advance if you don't like the realities I mentioned above.

Josh29
Newly Registered

Post by Josh29 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:22 am

That fine I do clearly understand what you mean to say and I don’t mind you written that in your reply.

My main question now is applying for Citizenship, is it the right time to apply with clearly mentioned about what happen, will they grant me Citizenship taking that I been frank with them in disclosing the fasts in the application ?