ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Neosprin

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Neosprin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:34 am

Hi All,

I applied on 7th March under category F, biometric on 15th March, Mumbai, India
Case not straight forward on 8th June after weekly follow up on the ukvi number.
Email again on 26th June from ukvi that they cannot commit a timeline for decision.
Email again on 31st July on unable to commit on a timeline for decision.

I have been waiting for it as much as all of you. Best of luck to all and may we all get the visa soon.

For full detailed timeline visit India timeline page 7.

charlie2000
Newly Registered

Post by charlie2000 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:16 am

Hi Raj,
I applied in early Feb. Got hold email in May. Heard nothing since.
I escalated my case (or told then too) a month ago and got a generic email 3 days ago that I was on hold.

August 10th, and I wonder how long it will take? I'm guessing priority on hold will be front of the queue then followed by cases in chronological order. I didn't pay for priority so will see how long...

Purely speculating - I'm hoping these 5000 cases can be done quickly. I'm hoping they have created a sub-team dedicated to the the '5000'. Who will beaver away, night and day. I also hope that they have done 95% of all the checks for these application already - and will have to go back and review the parts effected by the court ruling (finance/children) and this shouldn't take too long and then get signs off, and away they go.

Fingers crossed for all!

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:25 am

Hello guys
First of all thanks for ur replies and good to see everyone is alright :)
Yap I am really hopeing after 10th of Aug they should
Only work on effected sections.... I have a strong feeling that we should hear something by end of September...
But 5000 is a lot of applications :(
Anyway fingers cross
Take care everyone Nd keep us updated thank you

MH Parsons
Newly Registered

Post by MH Parsons » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:14 am

HI

I applied on 5th May 2017.

Received not straight forward email exactly on 59th working days.

and also a document missing email at the same time, which I surely already submitted on 5th May.

Now it is already 66 days past, no any news, the staff always say awaiting the decision.

I have no idea what is wrong with this?

ABC123ABC
Newly Registered

Post by ABC123ABC » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:47 pm

SimonS wrote:
Ish21 wrote:I dont think HO has seen any of the May applications Yet from pakistan, its taking too long
There has been 1, Kokab223 p15 of Pakistan timeline. Biometrics submitted 3rd May although application 19th April. I've seen on another forum that they are definitely processing and sending out decisions from applications in May. The latest one I saw was 24th May. I'm sure you will see movement over the next two weeks.
We have an update, our biometrics date was 17th May and the online status has now changed to Decided and it says decided on 02/08/17. Just waiting to hear something now, not received an email or phone call.

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:34 pm

Raj86 wrote:Hi everyone
Hope everyone is alright and strong ;)
I was wondering if anyone has any news or any update or anything about there application as this Thursday they will reopen all the hold applications....
especially those who's waiting sinces novermber December
Any updates guys ?
Hi, nothing so far. I'm still waiting since January. Applied from ahemdabad, India.

Bob777
Newly Registered

Post by Bob777 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:56 pm

cutiieepiie wrote:Hi All,

Just wondering anyone who hasn't heard back for a while and not had hold email, only case not straightforward? What happens with these cases as they are not on hold.

Thanks
Hi cutiieepiie

Guess what i applied on 30 march too and same as you got the case not straigtforward email on 23 june must be an automated system.

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:12 pm

Bob777 wrote:
cutiieepiie wrote:Hi All,

Just wondering anyone who hasn't heard back for a while and not had hold email, only case not straightforward? What happens with these cases as they are not on hold.

Thanks
Hi cutiieepiie

Guess what i applied on 30 march too and same as you got the case not straigtforward email on 23 june must be an automated system.
Hi,
we are in one team, all applied in same day and got email same day.
it should be 90 working days until this friday, so hopefully we can hear some good news.
by the way, i only received an email say my case not straight forward, never say any hold email so it mean my case not on hold? already confuse now, think my dog doesnt know who i am when i back home.
best wishes

UK-Japan-Couple
Newly Registered

Post by UK-Japan-Couple » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:59 pm

UK-Japan-Couple wrote:Our spouse visa is now delayed, with no information why.

Applied online: April 10th
Attended VFS Tokyo: April 13th
Confirmation of scanned documents received in Sheffield: April 14th

No further contact, for example requesting documents, has been received by email, phone or post by either myself or my wife.

"12 weeks" target: July 7th
"60 working day" target: July 14th

On July 10th I called the advice line at £1.37/minute. They said its status was "awaiting a decision" and they escalated it, with a 15 working day target for responding to escalations. My concern was that we'd somehow missed a request for more documents, but the advice line said they would have emailed and phoned both my wife and myself. Called again on July 21st, still "awaiting a decision". I've also emailed my MP to ask for help.

Does the fact it's overdue have any indication that there's a problem?
Are we more likely get rejected?
What's the typical delay experienced these days and still got a visa?
What other actions can we take to get an answer faster?
Well we have good news! My wife's spouse visa was finally decided on July 31st, and we received the approval notice on 3rd August, 76 working days after we applied. I'd emailed my MP on July 13th, and his assistant phoned me on July 31st saying he would try to chase it, so I don't think my MP helped in this situation.

Anyway, we are now breathing big sighs of relief and letting out all the stresses of the past five months.

Thank you to everyone on this forum for answering our occasional questions and providing an invaluable resource during this difficult process.

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:05 pm

ABC123ABC wrote:
SimonS wrote:
Ish21 wrote:I dont think HO has seen any of the May applications Yet from pakistan, its taking too long
There has been 1, Kokab223 p15 of Pakistan timeline. Biometrics submitted 3rd May although application 19th April. I've seen on another forum that they are definitely processing and sending out decisions from applications in May. The latest one I saw was 24th May. I'm sure you will see movement over the next two weeks.
We have an update, our biometrics date was 17th May and the online status has now changed to Decided and it says decided on 02/08/17. Just waiting to hear something now, not received an email or phone call.

Fingers crossed for you!! Im still waiting my biometric was 11th may :( and gave my application in on 10th, i thought they'd go in date order i guess your lucky good luck, i received the case not straightforward email dont know how long their gna take :( soo stressed

givezemra
Newly Registered

Post by givezemra » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:19 pm

Evening all,

I wonder how everyone seems to know that the applications that are on hold will start to be processed on Thursday. Is that 100% certain or is that speculation?

I haven't seen my husband since 29th April so I was going to fly out on bank hol weekend as a surprise to see him. But I'm dubious about booking tickets because if there's a chance his application will be processed, I'd rather save the money and go away all together as a family!

I know it's a case of how long is a piece of string but I'm wondering whether to hold on for a few more weeks to see what happens, or just go and be done with it! Is anyone applying from Albania? Or is the lead time the same for each country and it does not matter which country you're applying from? As I saw some people are still waiting from December! So I'm wondering if it will be months yet.

Any advice will be appreciated

givezemra
Newly Registered

Post by givezemra » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:40 pm

UK-Japan-Couple wrote:
UK-Japan-Couple wrote:Our spouse visa is now delayed, with no information why.

Applied online: April 10th
Attended VFS Tokyo: April 13th
Confirmation of scanned documents received in Sheffield: April 14th

No further contact, for example requesting documents, has been received by email, phone or post by either myself or my wife.

"12 weeks" target: July 7th
"60 working day" target: July 14th

On July 10th I called the advice line at £1.37/minute. They said its status was "awaiting a decision" and they escalated it, with a 15 working day target for responding to escalations. My concern was that we'd somehow missed a request for more documents, but the advice line said they would have emailed and phoned both my wife and myself. Called again on July 21st, still "awaiting a decision". I've also emailed my MP to ask for help.

Does the fact it's overdue have any indication that there's a problem?
Are we more likely get rejected?
What's the typical delay experienced these days and still got a visa?
What other actions can we take to get an answer faster?
Well we have good news! My wife's spouse visa was finally decided on July 31st, and we received the approval notice on 3rd August, 76 working days after we applied. I'd emailed my MP on July 13th, and his assistant phoned me on July 31st saying he would try to chase it, so I don't think my MP helped in this situation.

Anyway, we are now breathing big sighs of relief and letting out all the stresses of the past five months.

Thank you to everyone on this forum for answering our occasional questions and providing an invaluable resource during this difficult process.
So pleased for you! I'm new to the board but I'm still really pleased to see someone has a decision as I feel encouraged my it. To God be the glory. I pray that everyone here has a visa granted to be reunited with their spouses.

thewallstreetmonkey
Newly Registered

Post by thewallstreetmonkey » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:50 pm

thewallstreetmonkey wrote:
thewallstreetmonkey wrote:We applied on 19 May 2017 in Istanbul and today received an e-mail saying that a decision has been made. 54 working days in total. Noone answered our queries, MP or solicitors during this time Now, what happens? Will local TlS contact my wife and say the passport is ready to be collected? How long does this take? Will she have 30 days to travel back to the UK? Hopefully, it is good news. Have you heard of many rejection cases after receiving decision made email?

TLScontact center tracking system shows decision made but GOV.UK tracking site does not still recognize the reference number which is strange!
Both systems show as decided now. Actually, it seems like it was decided on 1 August so it took a while to get systems updated I guess. Passport is ready for collection as well. Fingers crossed!
Good news, finally! Priority application made in Istanbul on 19 May and decided on 1 August. Visa is granted after 54 working days. E-mailled MP and UKVI on working day 43 but have not received any response during the process. It has been very hard waiting this long.

ABC123ABC
Newly Registered

Post by ABC123ABC » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:36 am

Ish21 wrote:
ABC123ABC wrote:
SimonS wrote:

Fingers crossed for you!! Im still waiting my biometric was 11th may :( and gave my application in on 10th, i thought they'd go in date order i guess your lucky good luck, i received the case not straightforward email dont know how long their gna take :( soo stressed
Thank you
The wait is really hard :( hopefully you will get some good news too soon InshaAllah

GeronimoBajramCurri
Newly Registered

Post by GeronimoBajramCurri » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:13 pm

Hi,

Paid Priority: Yes
Visa Centre: Tirana, Albania
Children: No
Employed or self-employed: self employed
Biometric date: 13/04/17

I am the spouse to an Albanian applicant. First correspondence was a letter from UKVI 10 working days after biometric date (27/04/17) with the standard: 'Following Supreme Court judgement on Wednesday 22nd February 2017...failing to meet minimum income'. Using the paid for UKVI email service I responded and explained the applicant should not be in receipt of the letter as we do meet the minimum income threshold.

We then received a response by email from UKVI on 11/05/17:
As you are aware, regarding your application for entry clearance you received an email to advise you that your application was now being withheld due to a policy on applications which fall for refusal on failing to meet the financial requirements of Appendix FM.

The Entry clearance officer assessing your application reviewed the documentation submitted by you against the documents requested and those specified in the guidance relating to your application and determined that you had not submitted sufficient documentation to verify that you have met the financial threshold element of Appendix FM.

I appreciate that this may not be the response that you wish to hear, however until such a time that we are advised to continue to conclude these applications it will remain on hold. I acknowledge that you have paid a priority service however whilst we aim to complete all applications within the prescribed timeframe, it is not always possible such as in this situation.'

At this point we understand the application has gone to Warsaw, Poland as the email was directly from them. My solicitor then also responded to kindly advise we do meet the minimum threshold including providing all self employed relevant documentation for a second time incase this had not been correctly sent to the UKVI in Warsaw, Poland. Again the solicitor received a similar response from UKVI.

I understood the Visa processing times for Tirana, Albania to be 100% at 60 working days (11/07/17) so decided not contact UKVI until it had gone beyond this SLA. Again it went passed the 60 days so contacted the UKVI through email and they replied on 20/07/17 with the following:
'Dear Sir,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please be informed that the application of yours is still under consideration. Please expect our decision in due course.'

I replied again and received the following response:
'Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email. We apologise to reply with a delay.

Please be informed that we aim to assess straightforward settlement applications within 60 working days.
Also, please be advised the reason for the delay in assessing your application is provided in a letter that we sent to you on 27th April 2017.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
UK Visas and Immigration
British Embassy Warsaw'

I have again replied and awaiting a response.

I also emailed my MP on 13/07/17. I received a response on 31/07/17 informing me they have written to the HO's MP Liaison Unit on my behalf and, as soon as they receive a reply, they will contact me again.

I do not think there is anything else I can do until it has reach 120 days (03/10/17).

If I receive any communication from the UKVI or MP I will update everyone.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:41 pm

GeronimoBajramCurri wrote:Hi,

Paid Priority: Yes
Visa Centre: Tirana, Albania
Children: No
Employed or self-employed: self employed
Biometric date: 13/04/17

I am the spouse to an Albanian applicant. First correspondence was a letter from UKVI 10 working days after biometric date (27/04/17) with the standard: 'Following Supreme Court judgement on Wednesday 22nd February 2017...failing to meet minimum income'. Using the paid for UKVI email service I responded and explained the applicant should not be in receipt of the letter as we do meet the minimum income threshold.

We then received a response by email from UKVI on 11/05/17:
As you are aware, regarding your application for entry clearance you received an email to advise you that your application was now being withheld due to a policy on applications which fall for refusal on failing to meet the financial requirements of Appendix FM.

The Entry clearance officer assessing your application reviewed the documentation submitted by you against the documents requested and those specified in the guidance relating to your application and determined that you had not submitted sufficient documentation to verify that you have met the financial threshold element of Appendix FM.

I appreciate that this may not be the response that you wish to hear, however until such a time that we are advised to continue to conclude these applications it will remain on hold. I acknowledge that you have paid a priority service however whilst we aim to complete all applications within the prescribed timeframe, it is not always possible such as in this situation.'

At this point we understand the application has gone to Warsaw, Poland as the email was directly from them. My solicitor then also responded to kindly advise we do meet the minimum threshold including providing all self employed relevant documentation for a second time incase this had not been correctly sent to the UKVI in Warsaw, Poland. Again the solicitor received a similar response from UKVI.

I understood the Visa processing times for Tirana, Albania to be 100% at 60 working days (11/07/17) so decided not contact UKVI until it had gone beyond this SLA. Again it went passed the 60 days so contacted the UKVI through email and they replied on 20/07/17 with the following:
'Dear Sir,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please be informed that the application of yours is still under consideration. Please expect our decision in due course.'

I replied again and received the following response:
'Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email. We apologise to reply with a delay.

Please be informed that we aim to assess straightforward settlement applications within 60 working days.
Also, please be advised the reason for the delay in assessing your application is provided in a letter that we sent to you on 27th April 2017.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
UK Visas and Immigration
British Embassy Warsaw'

I have again replied and awaiting a response.

I also emailed my MP on 13/07/17. I received a response on 31/07/17 informing me they have written to the HO's MP Liaison Unit on my behalf and, as soon as they receive a reply, they will contact me again.

I do not think there is anything else I can do until it has reach 120 days (03/10/17).

If I receive any communication from the UKVI or MP I will update everyone.
Do you personally think you have clearly met tge financial requirement? Is your solicitor confident?
Do you mind sharing the Self Employment income you applied through?

GeronimoBajramCurri
Newly Registered

Post by GeronimoBajramCurri » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:36 pm

Hi,

I have definitely met the financial requirement as the income declared is £50K+. My concern is the Entry Clearance officer does seem to have an issue with the documentation as per the below paragraph:

'The Entry clearance officer assessing your application reviewed the documentation submitted by you against the documents requested and those specified in the guidance relating to your application and determined that you had not submitted sufficient documentation to verify that you have met the financial threshold element of Appendix FM.'

However at the Visa application centre we did provide the following as evidence of my self-employment:
- HMRC confirmation of sponsor’s Unique Taxpayer Reference number in several documents including letter dated 5th April 2017 from HMRC;
- Confirmation of the sponsor’s tax payable, paid and unpaid for last complete tax year;
- Sponsor’s Tax Return for last complete tax year;
- Sponsor’s SA302 enclosed under cover of letter dated 1st September 2016 from HMRC;
- Sponsor’s bank statements and;
- Sponsor’s accounts approved by accountant for last full financial year.

At this point in time there is just under 8 weeks (03/10/17) until we have reached the 120 days. Until then we cannot issue a PAP. In the meantime I will also await a response from the MP.

Kemory123
Newly Registered

Post by Kemory123 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:07 pm

Good afternoon everyone, I just came across this site last week! Just want to share my experience and to encourage everyone waiting for their visa to hang on the faith! I went to UK in 2010 on student visa and due to some issues from home office. I couldn't renew my visa and overstayed! I met my husband 2014 thinking to get married and applied for spouse visa but was not possible instead home office sent me a letter to come and be signing, I complied and was signing till our solicitor ask us to go home and apply I came to naija last December to get married and applied in May. To God be the glory my visa came out today. God favoured me despite overstaying but God proved himself worthy. Pls to everyone still waiting don't loose hope if God can do mine he will sure do for everyone. I received the not straight forward email on 1st of August and my visa was approved on that same 1st of August. What a might God we serve

Emm
Newly Registered

Post by Emm » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:18 pm

Congrats who got your visa ,I got DECIDED status today
My timeline as follows
Online sub 16 May 2017(non priority)
Documents to Sheffield 17 May 2017
Sheffield
Received email from Sheffield on 16 June ,asking for a prepaid envelope but I had already sent one wit Docs
Sponsor emailed Sheffield for App status on 22 July and received the usual case being considered and awaiting a decision
Online tracker shows DECIDED today
It's 60 working days in total
I'm anxious to know the decision.
I did not receive a case not straightforward or hold email
Fingers crossed

Andrew1972

Post by Andrew1972 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:44 pm

Emm wrote:Congrats who got your visa ,I got DECIDED status today
My timeline as follows
Sheffield
Received email from Sheffield on 16 June ,asking for a prepaid envelope but I had already sent one wit Docs
Sponsor emailed Sheffield for App status on 22 July and received the usual case being considered and awaiting a decision
Fingers crossed
Fingers crossed!

My wife's biometrics were submitted on May 19th, so hoping for news soon! Have you received you supporting documents back?

bijoubougy
Newly Registered

Post by bijoubougy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:57 pm

Just got the case not straight forward email but also another email saying they have misplaced my documents :shock: has anyone received anything like this ? We applied 16th march and received this email on the 7/08

givezemra
Newly Registered

Post by givezemra » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:08 pm

Andrew1972 wrote:
Emm wrote:Congrats who got your visa ,I got DECIDED status today
My timeline as follows
Sheffield
Fingers crossed
Fingers crossed!

My wife's biometrics were submitted on May 19th, so hoping for news soon! Have you received you supporting documents back?
What's the online tracker that says 'DECIDED'? I've tried checking something on gov.uk website but doesn't recognise my ref number so wasn't sure if that's just for people applying inside uk?

Can anyone advise?

binbin
Newly Registered

The decision date keep updated and still waiting the passpor

Post by binbin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:39 pm

Hello guys, I m new here, please someone can help me!

here s My wife spouse visa application timeline:

24/04/2017 biometric taken
04/05/2017 receive confirmation email
26/07/2017 online tracker shows "Decided", waiting for passport
01/08/2017 online tracker update "Decided", waiting for passport
07/08/2017 online tracker update "Decided", waiting for passport

we called the helpline several time, the guy on the phone said they cannot escalate the case unless its over 10 working date. totally a useless answer!
my question is if UKVI keep update the decision made date, we'll never escalate the case? I did all what I can, email my MP, email the help centre, still waiting respond.
feel helpless, please could anyone had similar experience? or any advice?

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:26 pm

U should get ur passport within 2 weeks that's what I have notice with other people's application so I won't worry to much it's a good sign :)

binbin
Newly Registered

Post by binbin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:33 pm

Raj86 wrote:U should get ur passport within 2 weeks that's what I have notice with other people's application so I won't worry to much it's a good sign :)
thank you for your reply.
the problem is new fresh 10 working days count starts following each update, I have called the helpline twice after each update. the answer is wait for 10 days, but never get 10days!