ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2G license got revoked during UK absence - impact on ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

omi007

T2G license got revoked during UK absence - impact on ILR?

Post by omi007 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:54 pm

Hello Experts,

Many thanks for your valuable guidance on this forum.

I am currently on Tier 2 General visa, and looking to apply for ILR in Dec 2017.
I have questions as below:
I did fly to India on 4th April 2015 and came back on 14th April 2015.
After entering the UK, I did not face any issues during immigration at airport.
When I came to my home from airport, my company informed me that, their sponsorship license was revoked on 10th April 2015, when I was in India.
At the time of flying to India, company's license was probably in suspended state.

I applied for Tier 2 General visa from another employer on 29th April 2015 and got approval on the same day.

1. As my company's sponsorship licence got revoked, did my visa was expired during my stay in India.
2. Can it impact my ILR continuous period? By looking to ILR guidelines at, https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -v15.0.pdf
section "Continuation of lawful leave during absences from the UK", I am not sure, if my ILR continuous period is broken.

Please can you help. Thanks again.

firecube
Newly Registered

Re: T2G license got revoked during UK absence - impact on IL

Post by firecube » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:30 am

Think u would have 60 days from day company lost sponsorship to apply for new sponsorship... which u did successfully.

As long as you were admitted at the border under your usual tier 2 which u should have been as you would not have received a curtailment letter yet you should be fine as you just rolled from one tier 2 to another within 60 days of april 10.

omi007

Post by omi007 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:19 am

Many thanks firecube.
Yes
* I used my earlier visa while entering in the UK.
* I did not receive curtailment letter.
* I rolled from one Tier 2 to another Tier 2 in UK, within 60 days.

Also I would like to know Moderators views on this. Thanks.

omi007

Post by omi007 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:27 pm

Hello Moderators,
I would be very grateful, if you can comment on this. Thanks.

omi007

Regarding ILR calculating continuous period

Post by omi007 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:41 pm

Hello Experts,

Many thanks for this forum, to help answer the queries.

I came across a rule mentioned in ILR calculating continuous period guide,

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... riod-in-uk

The rule says,
"60 day breaks in employment
Where the applicant has a break in employment and applies for further leave as a Tier 2 migrant or a work permit holder to work for a new sponsor or on a new work permit within 60 days of the end of the employment with the previous sponsor or permitted employer, you must disregard this period for ILR."

I am confused with this rule.

Does it mean, if the gap between 2 employments, is suppose 31 days, and we are completing the ILR continuous period on 1st Dec 2017, then
* we need to add these 31 days in 1st Dec 2017, and should apply for ILR on 1st Jan 2018?
or
* We can simply ignore the gap of 31 days between 2 employments, and can apply on 1st Dec 2017 itself?

Many thanks again.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Regarding ILR calculating continuous period

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:01 pm

It means the period between the last day of your first employment and the day you applied for a new Tier 2 visa must have been less than 60 days or else your continuous period is broken.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

omi007

Re: Regarding ILR calculating continuous period

Post by omi007 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:04 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:01 pm
It means the period between the last day of your first employment and the day you applied for a new Tier 2 visa must have been less than 60 days or else your continuous period is broken.
Many thanks zimba88. :)