ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sai321
Newly Registered

Visa for wife

Post by Sai321 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:45 pm

Hello Guru,
I need you help in figuring out the correct line
I got my ILR this months through Tier-2 General 5Years route. I am married two years back and she is now on Tier-2 Dependent visa from last two years which expiring in August 2017. As she is not with me for 5 years she is not eligible for ILR. And I had a 1 year child born in UK. She is also on Tier-2 Dependent visa

For Wife:
1. I am told I need to apply PBS dependent visa, is it correct? If so is it again Tier-2 dependent extension? or any other kind of visa she needs?
2. Can I show my Indian saving bank account for fund maintenance?

For Child born in UK
1. I am told I can apply to naturalization, is it correct?
But my worry is one of friend told that both the parents need to have ILR for child to apply naturalization? In my case my wife doesn't have ILR as explained above. As I am having ILR can I directly apply for naturalization? If not what other kind of visa my child needs? Please let me know.
2. For my child we went to India from UK on Indian passport in Feb 2017 and then applied for Tier2 dependent visa to enter UK in April 2017. Based on my Tier-2 General visa at that time, the expiry date she got until Aug 2017 which is 6 months. Generally every one get one month of visa date stamped on the passport and on arrival they need to collect there bio-metrics card. But for my child they put 6 months visa stamp on her Indian passport which means full visa term. When my child came back to UK we went to Postoffice to collect her biometric card but they said that they didn't receive it till now. I assume that as the visa is only for 6 months that's why she didn't have a bio-metric card. Is it true? or I need to have a biometric card?

Please do respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa for wife

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:01 pm

For Wife:
1. I am told I need to apply PBS dependent visa, is it correct? If so is it again Tier-2 dependent extension? or any other kind of visa she needs?
2. Can I show my Indian saving bank account for fund maintenance?

Yes, Tier 2 General Dependent visa, online application only and either postal or in person at premium centre. Indian savings should be ok.
For Child born in UK
1. I am told I can apply to naturalization, is it correct?
But my worry is one of friend told that both the parents need to have ILR for child to apply naturalization? In my case my wife doesn't have ILR as explained above. As I am having ILR can I directly apply for naturalization? If not what other kind of visa my child needs? Please let me know.
2. For my child we went to India from UK on Indian passport in Feb 2017 and then applied for Tier2 dependent visa to enter UK in April 2017. Based on my Tier-2 General visa at that time, the expiry date she got until Aug 2017 which is 6 months. Generally every one get one month of visa date stamped on the passport and on arrival they need to collect there bio-metrics card. But for my child they put 6 months visa stamp on her Indian passport which means full visa term. When my child came back to UK we went to Postoffice to collect her biometric card but they said that they didn't receive it till now. I assume that as the visa is only for 6 months that's why she didn't have a bio-metric card. Is it true? or I need to have a biometric card?
1. Children are Registered as British. Only adults are Naturalised. Yes you can register your UK born child.

2. Correct yes. Child does not need valid visa or a BRP card to Register as British under section 1(3) of the nationality act, which is an entitlement to Register.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sai321
Newly Registered

Post by Sai321 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:43 am

Thanks for the replay, Please check my steps and let me know if I am wrogn.

PBS visa for Wife of an ILR person:
1. Applying as PBS Dependant - Partner (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner) is it ok?
2. While filling the application, they asked
Which visa or permission to stay has Mr XXX applied for or been granted?
Choose the service that the PBS main applicant most recently applied for, even if their application is still being processed. If the main applicant has been granted indefinite leave to remain or British Citizenship,
you should choose the PBS Tier under which they were granted leave before.

I have selected Tier 2 General. Even though I have my ILR now. Is this correct?

Then they asked following question

Do you have one of these Home Office reference numbers for Mr XXX? (Required)
Yes, I have their biometric residence permit (BRP) number

What BRP number I need to give?? Is it my ILR BRP ?

3. Fund Maintenance Bank Statements: As you said, I show my Indian savings account, but it is on my name. Not on my wife name. Is that ok or do we need only on my wife's name as she is apply application individually?
4. While paying IHS, it is asking to pay £1500 as I am applying for 3 years only it should be 600. I think when I applied my ILR details it is giving a different amount. Please suggest what to do here?

Child
I will post my child related queries in citizenship form. As you said I can register her for British passport.

Just again double checking with you, please let me know she can be register for british passport. Father is on ILR (July 2017) and Mother on Tier-2 Dependent (Exp 23-aug-2017). Baby born in uk July 2016 and having INdian passport and Tier-2 dependent visa ((Exp 23-aug-2017).

Sai321
Newly Registered

Post by Sai321 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:23 am

Can any one please help me sorting my queries explained above?

Sai321
Newly Registered

Post by Sai321 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:24 am

Hi Guru,
Can you please urgently help in knowing my things
Sai321 wrote:Thanks for the replay, Please check my steps and let me know if I am wrong.

PBS visa for Wife of an ILR person:
1. Applying as PBS Dependent - Partner (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner) is it ok?
2. While filling the application, they asked
Which visa or permission to stay has Mr XXX applied for or been granted?
Choose the service that the PBS main applicant most recently applied for, even if their application is still being processed. If the main applicant has been granted indefinite leave to remain or British Citizenship,
you should choose the PBS Tier under which they were granted leave before.

I have selected Tier 2 General. Even though I have my ILR now. Is this correct?

Then they asked following question

Do you have one of these Home Office reference numbers for Mr XXX? (Required)
Yes, I have their biometric residence permit (BRP) number

What BRP number I need to give?? Is it my ILR BRP ?

3. Fund Maintenance Bank Statements: As you said, I show my Indian savings account, but it is on my name. Not on my wife name. Is that ok or do we need only on my wife's name as she is apply application individually?
4. While paying IHS, it is asking to pay £1500 as I am applying for 3 years only it should be 600. I think when I applied my ILR details it is giving a different amount. Please suggest what to do here?

Child
I will post my child related queries in citizenship form. As you said I can register her for British passport.

Just again double checking with you, please let me know she can be register for british passport. Father is on ILR (July 2017) and Mother on Tier-2 Dependent (Exp 23-aug-2017). Baby born in uk July 2016 and having INdian passport and Tier-2 dependent visa ((Exp 23-aug-2017).