ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

does the sponsor need to send everything to Sheffield?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

benbridge
Newly Registered

does the sponsor need to send everything to Sheffield?

Post by benbridge » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:10 am

Hello,

The information on the official sites seems very vague and unclear regarding the documents submission for spouse settlement visas. My wife (currently in Russia) has done the online application, and has her biometrics appointment in Russia next week.
Am I correct in thinking that she needs only her passport for this, and that ALL other documents (including all my bank statements, work letter, Financial support forms, her IELTS and TB test results, photos of our relationship, marriage certificate, etc) must be sent to me, and then I submit them to Sheffield from within the UK?

Thank you for your help.

Andrew1972

Re: does the sponsor need to send everything to Sheffield?

Post by Andrew1972 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:17 am

benbridge wrote:Hello,

The information on the official sites seems very vague and unclear regarding the documents submission for spouse settlement visas. My wife (currently in Russia) has done the online application, and has her biometrics appointment in Russia next week.
Am I correct in thinking that she needs only her passport for this, and that ALL other documents (including all my bank statements, work letter, Financial support forms, her IELTS and TB test results, photos of our relationship, marriage certificate, etc) must be sent to me, and then I submit them to Sheffield from within the UK?

Thank you for your help.
My wife applied in Moscow in May, the only things they wanted were the visa application form, her international passports (current and previous), they also took her biometrics (fingerprints and photographs), she sent everything else to me in the UK, and I added my bits, and sent on to Sheffield.

benbridge
Newly Registered

Post by benbridge » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:38 am

thanks. regarding the Appendix 2, your wife filled this in by hand and sent it to you?

Andrew1972

Post by Andrew1972 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:40 am

benbridge wrote:thanks. regarding the Appendix 2, your wife filled this in by hand and sent it to you?
Yes that's right, and I sent that with everything else to Sheffield.

benbridge
Newly Registered

Post by benbridge » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:49 am

Thanks, Andrew

Andrew1972

Post by Andrew1972 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:52 am

benbridge wrote:Thanks, Andrew
You're welcome, good luck with it all. We applied non priority, today is the 56th working day since my wife gave her biometrics, so it's just possible we may get some news this week:-)

benbridge
Newly Registered

Post by benbridge » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:05 am

I'm sure it'll be fine for you.
Sorry to ask another seemingly idiotic question, but...am I right in thinking that the visa centre (in St Petersburg) will keep her passport until the initial 30 day entry visa is ready to collect, or they only scan your passport at the biometrics appointment and then my wife needs to send her passport to me also?
Her appointment is next week, and we'd like to send docs this week to me, but don't want to turn up at biometrics next week lacking some docs or with more things to later send.

Andrew1972

Post by Andrew1972 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:20 am

benbridge wrote:I'm sure it'll be fine for you.
Sorry to ask another seemingly idiotic question, but...am I right in thinking that the visa centre (in St Petersburg) will keep her passport until the initial 30 day entry visa is ready to collect, or they only scan your passport at the biometrics appointment and then my wife needs to send her passport to me also?
Her appointment is next week, and we'd like to send docs this week to me, but don't want to turn up at biometrics next week lacking some docs or with more things to later send.

They will keep the passport. I did get her to send me a photocopy of her passport though, and I included that with the documents I sent to Sheffield.