ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Curtailment notice long after new Visa issued

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xcrogers

Curtailment notice long after new Visa issued

Post by xcrogers » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:22 pm

My wife, who formerly held a Tier 2 ICT visa, just received her (and as I was at the time her dependent my) curtailment notice noting we have until September 28th to address (ie leave the country).

We're a bit perplexed as in January 2017 I obtained my own Tier 2 General visa and my wife subsequently switched from her Tier 2 ICT visa to my dependent. She also, shortly after (February) was offered another position and left the original company (which we knew would trigger a curtailment notice, but had honestly forgotten about it given that its taken nearly 6 months now for us to receive the notice). The main questions/concerns we have:

- as we both hold valid visas (i have a 5 year tier 2 general and she a dependent visa on that) do we need to do anything with regard to the 'old' visa curtailment?

- notice is dated today (July 29th) and states that it cannot find any record of 'fresh application' for entry for either one of us. Its nearly 6 months after my successful tier 2 application and 5 for her switch (they even took her old BRP card in the process which they're now asking for). Seems odd that they have no record of this given how long ago we made the successful applications/switches.

- as the notices are by design very matter of fact there is no contact information or methodology for us to say contact UKVI and make sure they have our current status.

Any advice?

xcrogers

Re: Curtailment notice long after new Visa issued

Post by xcrogers » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:37 pm

Sorry, google searches this forum better than the forum search and I found this:

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/wron ... 22-20.html

so it would appear that we'll just send a nice letter back to UKVI with all of our new applications/BRP/Visa information and that should the issue to be resolved. Seems like this is 'relatively' common.

Is that an accurate statement?

Thanks!!

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:51 pm

xcrogers wrote:My wife, who formerly held a Tier 2 ICT visa, just received her (and as I was at the time her dependent my) curtailment notice noting we have until September 28th to address (ie leave the country).

We're a bit perplexed as in January 2017 I obtained my own Tier 2 General visa and my wife subsequently switched from her Tier 2 ICT visa to my dependent. She also, shortly after (February) was offered another position and left the original company (which we knew would trigger a curtailment notice, but had honestly forgotten about it given that its taken nearly 6 months now for us to receive the notice). The main questions/concerns we have:

- as we both hold valid visas (i have a 5 year tier 2 general and she a dependent visa on that) do we need to do anything with regard to the 'old' visa curtailment?

- notice is dated today (July 29th) and states that it cannot find any record of 'fresh application' for entry for either one of us. Its nearly 6 months after my successful tier 2 application and 5 for her switch (they even took her old BRP card in the process which they're now asking for). Seems odd that they have no record of this given how long ago we made the successful applications/switches.

- as the notices are by design very matter of fact there is no contact information or methodology for us to say contact UKVI and make sure they have our current status.

Any advice?

I don't think you have to be overly worried about it as long as you and your dependent have a valid visa. It is a big flaw in the system. Many people have reported a similar case in recent months. I guess you just need to provide evidence of your current visa and send to the UKVI. Call the UKVI help desk and speak with them.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

xcrogers

Post by xcrogers » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:03 am

So my wife and I have both attempted to call the help desk line a couple times now and been on hold 20-30 minutes without getting through to anyone we're just going to send the following off the address listed in the curtailment letter:

- cover letter noting issue and general timeline of successful applications
- copies of successful applications (tier 2 and subsequent dependent visa)
- copies of current brp cards from above
- copies of passport page

I'd think this would be enough to correct the issue?

We're sending the information tracked/insured so we have some idea of when it reaches the office though no idea in terms of how long it would take to get a response.

ABasu
Mood:
India

Post by ABasu » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:30 am

Check this thread

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/wron ... t#p1516009

I was in the same position and so were a couple of other people. Nothing to worry about.

If you can post your story there as well, it will help other people who might find themselves in the same position.

xcrogers

Post by xcrogers » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:28 pm

Thanks, I'll post my experience to the same thread.