ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Must the English test centre be in the country of applicatio

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bambino-fred
Newly Registered

Must the English test centre be in the country of applicatio

Post by Bambino-fred » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:33 pm

Just wanting to get some confirmation on something.
I want to apply for a fiance visa soon and so my girlfriend would need to take the A1 Lifeskills test.
Is it correct to say that she would be required to take the test in her home country ? Will they really refuse a pass obtained from taking the test in this country ?
Thanks for any help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Must the English test centre be in the country of applic

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:45 pm

Who told you that?

She can take a test anywhere but it must be from an HO approved test provider per HO's list.

For info, some countries don't have test centres and applicants travel to a neighbouring country to do it if they don't have a degree to do NARIC instead.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bambino-fred
Newly Registered

Post by Bambino-fred » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:48 pm

thanks for your reply...I hope you are right !

My solicitor told me that she has to take the test in her home country....I also found a reference saying the same thing on this website

but I don't understand why such a rule would exist

I think we will get her to take the test here and hope they will accept a pass from this country (UK)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:51 pm

My solicitor told me that she has to take the test in her home country....I also found a reference saying the same thing on this website
Where did it say that?

People often apply for a 6 months student visa for the sole purpose of doing a short English course, for example.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bambino-fred
Newly Registered

Post by Bambino-fred » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:49 pm

I tried to find the quote on this site from someone who said you must take the test in your home country but I could not find it.

I also asked someone at the British Council about the issue and he confirmed what you said.

So I think you're right !

"As long as the passport is valid and in date and the candidate is legally allowed to be in the country at the time of the test then they are able to take the test in another country."

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:52 pm

Bambino-fred wrote:I tried to find the quote on this site from someone who said you must take the test in your home country but I could not find it.

I also asked someone at the British Council about the issue and he confirmed what you said.

So I think you're right !

"As long as the passport is valid and in date and the candidate is legally allowed to be in the country at the time of the test then they are able to take the test in another country."
CR001 is of course correct. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.