ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need urgent help to reply Home Office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HUDABATOOL
Newly Registered

Need urgent help to reply Home Office

Post by HUDABATOOL » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:45 am

Hi,

I have applied for Naturalisation on 27-03-2017, I submitted all required documents along my previous and current passports.

Passport dates:

(1) Current Passport:
3-2-2015 to 2-2-2020

(2) Previous Passport (1):
18-08-2009 to 17-08-2014

(3) Previous Passport (2):
22-2-2005 to 21-2-2010

I had applied in time fo Previous Passport (1) renewal in Pakistan Consulate Bradford but they took long (4 months and 15 days) due to their administrative  delay to renew and issue Current Passport. During this period I didn’t travel outside the UK, I remained in the UK during this period on valid visa. I never lived in UK without visa.

QUESTION:

Home Office is asking me to send them Original Passport or Travel Document used between 28-March-2014 to 01-February-2015.

WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?

Please can someone reply soon as I have to reply Home Office before Friday.

Thanks

Huda Batool

Rizcon

Re: Need urgent help to reply Home Office

Post by Rizcon » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:04 am

HUDABATOOL wrote:Hi,

I have applied for Naturalisation on 27-03-2017, I submitted all required documents along my previous and current passports.

Passport dates:

(1) Current Passport:
3-2-2015 to 2-2-2020

18-08-2009 to 17-08-2014

22-2-2005 to 21-2-2010

I had applied in time fo Previous Passport (1) renewal in Pakistan Consulate Bradford but they took long (4 months and 15 days) due to their administrative  delay to renew and issue Current Passport. During this period I didn’t travel outside the UK, I remained in the UK during this period on valid visa. I never lived in UK without visa.

QUESTION:

Home Office is asking me to send them Original Passport or Travel Document used between 28-March-2014 to 01-February-2015.

WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?

Thanks

Huda Batool
Could you please check the dates of passports once again as they doesn't make any sense.You mentioned that there was a delay of four and half months, but looking at the dates you mentioned are showing more than that.
In my opinion,you are left for just one option which is writing a letter to the case worker and explaining everything in detail. If you have any evidence of this passport application/reason of delay, then also include copies of them and if possible,get them attested from the Pakistan consulate.

Coldwinter

Post by Coldwinter » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:20 am

What you need to do is provide them with alternate proof of residence for the 4-6 month period you were without a passport. This could be letters from gp, employment letters etc. Also include a cover letter explaining what you have said here.

HUDABATOOL
Newly Registered

Post by HUDABATOOL » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:10 am

Thanks for your reply.

I dont have any proof of passport application delay but I have my payslips covering this period, will it work?

waiting for your kind response.
Thanks

HUDABATOOL
Newly Registered

Post by HUDABATOOL » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:29 am

Rizcon wrote:
HUDABATOOL wrote:Hi,

Passport dates:

(1) Current Passport:
3-2-2015 to 2-2-2020

18-08-2009 to 17-08-2014

22-2-2005 to 21-2-2010

QUESTION:

WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?

Thanks

Huda Batool
Could you please check the dates of passports once again as they doesn't make any sense.You mentioned that there was a delay of four and half months, but looking at the dates you mentioned are showing more than that.
In my opinion,you are left for just one option which is writing a letter to the case worker and explaining everything in detail. If you have any evidence of this passport application/reason of delay, then also include copies of them and if possible,get them attested from the Pakistan consulate.

Thanks for your reply.

I dont have any proof of passport application delay but I have my payslips covering this period, will it work?

Thanks

Coldwinter

Post by Coldwinter » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:47 am

It should work, in addition to this you should get a letter from your employer stating your employment dates, holidays taken and your normal place of work.

You might want to consider not stating that Pakistan officials delayed your passport as HO could easily verify this with the pakistani consulate. It is not an offence to have a gap in your passports (you might have been busy or preoccupied). I would just send in your payslips and employment letter and a cover letter explaining that your passport had expired during this period.

Rizcon

Post by Rizcon » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:23 am

HUDABATOOL wrote:Thanks for your reply.

Thanks
That's a better evidence than passport application delay,in case you have had that.Also, ask your employer to provide a letter as advised by the member ''Coldwinter''
He/She advised you better than me. I'm sure, it won't be a problem.