ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment Declined

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

profusion
Newly Registered

Payment Declined

Post by profusion » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:17 pm

Hello

I made an in-country switch to T1E last week however my card was declined by the bank. The bank does not offer any way of pre-authorising a charge or retroactively paying for the charge after the attempt was made.

Unfortunately, I have less than 2 weeks left on my visa and do not want to end up as an overstayer. Even if I am able to acquire valid leave, it would need to be Section 3C so I can work on my business.

Should I wait until I hear back from UKVI or are there any proactive actions I can take, e.g. resending the payment form? If I do not hear anything by the date of my visa expiry, should I leave the country, withdraw the application, and apply abroad to avoid an overstay blemish on my record?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Payment Declined

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:34 am

If they cannot get the payment your application will be invalid.
Call HO and If you got nowhere, I suggest to send another application form and provide a different payment method to avoid becoming an overstayer.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

profusion
Newly Registered

Re: Payment Declined

Post by profusion » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:10 am

Thanks zimba. I will send resubmit the payment forms with multiple payment options. Hopefully one of them goes through. The funds / credit limit are well above the application fee, however I have no control over the anti-fraud algorithms the banks have in place. Hopefully, all works out.