ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Collecting Time

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

m_trk
Newly Registered

BRP Collecting Time

Post by m_trk » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:00 pm

Hi All,
I will apply for Tier 4 visa as a dependent and all my documents are ready as i assume. My wife will study in London /UK and i will stay with her.
However i have get confused about vignette & BRP.

I am assuming I have my Vignette issued and I have 30 days to enter UK.
After entering I have to collect BRP & Visa to Stamp to my passport. In legal forms it is saying you can collect your BRP within 10 days after entering country.

My question is, Due to my very tight work schedule I may have to return back to my work (another country) after my first entry to UK,in real case how fast can i take the BRP from post office. In Legal documents it is saying within 10days, anybody taken before 10 days or any chance? Please comment.

Regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP Collecting Time

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:15 pm

Anytime within 10 days of arriving. If you arrive on the 1st, then anytime up to and including the 10th or 11th.

Also depends if it gets to the PO in time. Sometimes there is a delay.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

m_trk
Newly Registered

Post by m_trk » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:23 pm

Thank You for the propmt reply.
If i need to go out UK before getting BRP and left the country, what should i do next?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:45 pm

You won't be able to re-enter the UK if you do that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

XY Cheong
Newly Registered

Post by XY Cheong » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:52 am

I have a question about this. Do they only start to issue BRP when we landed or they prepared it before? What if I get my visa today and I take a flight to England the next day.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:59 pm

Given the range and detail of your questions, I advise you speak to the international student adviser at your Tier 4 sponsor university. They can advise on all aspects of your Tier 4 visa under their sponsorship.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.