ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension of Stay for Family Memebers

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

segunolu88
Angola

Extension of Stay for Family Memebers

Post by segunolu88 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:43 pm

Please, I need your help on the application for extension of stay for my wife and 2 overseas-born children (13 and 15 years) who have only lived in this country for 4 years.

I have just got my indefinite leave under the 10-year long residency route and need to apply for my dependents, but need help on Section 8B (Other information) of the Form FLR (FM) on how to provide any reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the UK. I was on Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa before getting ILR on the 10-year route.

I was told a spouse and 1 child whose husband already got ILR got refused in spite of the fact that 2 of her British born children already had indefinite status, but she was asked to return back to her country with the other 1 (overseas born) child after spending 8 years in the UK together.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Extension of Stay for Family Memebers

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:54 pm

8B is not a mandatory box so no need to complete it.
I was told a spouse and 1 child whose husband already got ILR got refused in spite of the fact that 2 of her British born children already had indefinite status, but she was asked to return back to her country with the other 1 (overseas born) child after spending 8 years in the UK together.
Don't believe everything you hear. This is likely one out of 1000's and probably a lot more to the story than what you have been told.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

segunolu88
Angola

Post by segunolu88 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:02 pm

Thanks. Your response is reassuring.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:06 pm

CR001 wrote:8B is not a mandatory box so no need to complete it.
Don't believe everything you hear. This is likely one out of 1000's and probably a lot more to the story than what you have been told.
That may not be unusual, the 2 children may have been here and have ILR, but they may not be British or have lived here for 7 continuous years, and it may be the case that the financial requirements are not met, so such refusal cannot be unusual.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

segunolu88
Angola

Post by segunolu88 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:56 pm

Hi Obei, I don't understand you very well. Doesn't mean a spouse and child could be refused in spite of the fact that the partner has been granted an indefinite leave. And also the spouse met all the requirements: financial requirement; English requirement; lived together and planning to continue to live together. Please can you let me know other conditions required?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:02 pm

You will be fine if you meet the requirements. Obie was commenting about your post about a refusal, not your questions about your application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

segunolu88
Angola

Post by segunolu88 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:19 pm

I appreciate your response