ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong curtailment of leave notice after changing sponsor

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ABasu
Mood:
India

Re: Wrong curtailment of leave notice after changing sponsor

Post by ABasu » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:33 am

rodrigouchoa wrote:I finally received a regular letter (not email) from the Home Office today acknowledging their mistake and reinstating my leave. Exactly 9 days after I sent them a letter asking to rectify my records.

So, to help anyone who might read this thread in the future, I'll summarise the ordeal:

- I sent a letter back to the home office with a copy of my BRP, passport, application form and letter of approval (as I applied through the premium service). Just send everything you have to make sure. But the BRP and passport should be enough if you think about it.

- I sent the letter to the same address I got my notice of curtailment from Which was:

UK Visas and Immigration
TMNT
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

And just as a warning, I happened to be out of the country on holiday when I received the curtailment notice. And they did stop me at immigration to ask me what was going on, so I had to explain everything and they even called my current company to ask if I worked there before letting me back in. So if you're going through this, I'd advise not to leave the country unless it's absolutely necessary. There are conflicting information about what should happen if you leave the UK on a curtailed leave, it's not wise to take chances.
Thanks mate. And congratulations for getting this mess sorted :) I am still waiting but then, to be fair, they must have got my letter on Friday last week. I will give it another week.

ABasu
Mood:
India

Post by ABasu » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:23 am

Update

I received a normal letter (not an email) from Home Office today (3 August 2017) that the notice of curtailment was sent in error and that my and my dependants' leave to remain has been reinstated. The letter dated 31 July had apologies from the HO for the confusion caused.

So here are the timelines and summary of events for future reference for anyone who finds himself in the same spot

- Change of Sponsor from A to B in November 2016
- New visa issued for me and dependants December 2016
- Started working with B - December 2016

- Notice of curtailment from home office in an email - 19 July 2017
- Letter sent back with a host of evidences - 20 July 2017 by tracked royal mail
- Letter of apology issued by HO - 31 July 2017
- Letter of apology received - 3 August 2017

It is not uncommon for these mistakes to happen with HO. No need to panic. You are not the first one and by the looks of it, you won't be the last one. If you have all necessary evidences, just send a letter with those evidences to HO on the same address mentioned in the letter of curtailment. If you call HO on the helpline, good luck with the 30 minutes wait at the minimum and they won't tell you anything apart from advising you to send a letter back to the address on the notice of curtailment.

In essence, if you have your valid proofs.....relax. Hope this helps.

xcrogers

Post by xcrogers » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:43 pm

Similar to experience posted above.

- I Switched from Dependent Visa to Tier 2 G (applied of country) Jan 2017
- Wife switched from Tier 2 ICT to Dependent (switched in country) Feb 2017
- Wife subsequently quit job and took up new employment in Feb 2017

- Curtailment notice for wife's old ICT and my old dependent visa received via email on July 29th 2017
- Sent letter to office which mailed letter on July 31st requesting correction with successful applications, BRP cards, and Passports - July 31st 2017
- Letter/package signed for on Aug 4th by UKVI in Sheffield

I will update once we received any notification/comment from UKVI. Hopefully a similar (good) outcome as well.

I find it interesting that these two offices don't have better communication as well as the clearly long time that elapsed between successful applications and curtailment being issued, seems like this would be easily seen/referenced.

xcrogers

Post by xcrogers » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:35 pm

UPDATE:

xcrogers wrote:Similar to experience posted above.

- I Switched from Dependent Visa to Tier 2 G (applied of country) Jan 2017
- Wife switched from Tier 2 ICT to Dependent (switched in country) Feb 2017
- Wife subsequently quit job and took up new employment in Feb 2017

- Curtailment notice for wife's old ICT and my old dependent visa received via email on July 29th 2017
- Sent letter to office which mailed letter on July 31st requesting correction with successful applications, BRP cards, and Passports - July 31st 2017
- Letter/package signed for on Aug 4th by UKVI in Sheffield
- Emailed received on Aug 9th noting correction and closing issue.

I will update once we received any notification/comment from UKVI. Hopefully a similar (good) outcome as well.

I find it interesting that these two offices don't have better communication as well as the clearly long time that elapsed between successful applications and curtailment being issued, seems like this would be easily seen/referenced.
So they issued an e-mail correction within 2/3 business days of receiving the information. Hope others in the situation have similar outcomes.