ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ISC exempt or ISC liable tier 2 general.visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AVC
Newly Registered

Changing jobs on Tier 2 General Visa

Post by AVC » Fri May 19, 2017 2:35 pm

Hi everyone,
I am currently on Tier 2 General Visa and have been a new job in a different oganisation. I needed some advise from the experts or people who have gone through process. I want to know what all things to keep in mind in relation to before applying for visa with new employer or serving notice with the old employer etc. I would really appreciate any help or advise to undertand this transition.

Thanks,
AVC

aforadi
Newly Registered

Re: Changing jobs on Tier 2 General Visa

Post by aforadi » Fri May 19, 2017 4:59 pm

AVC wrote:Hi everyone,
I am currently on Tier 2 General Visa and have been a new job in a different oganisation. I needed some advise from the experts or people who have gone through process. I want to know what all things to keep in mind in relation to before applying for visa with new employer or serving notice with the old employer etc. I would really appreciate any help or advise to undertand this transition.

Thanks,
AVC
1. New organisation needs to do RLMT before selecting you.
2. They need to issue you COS after that.
3. You apply to change of employment-tier 2.

sorted.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri May 19, 2017 5:41 pm

If your ultimate intention is to apply for an ILR through PBS route, you need to apply for a fresh Tier 2 visa within 60 days on end of employment with current company. Else, this breaks continuity required for ILR on PBS route
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:56 pm

Make sure you don't resign till the new visa comes through

AVC
Newly Registered

Post by AVC » Sat May 20, 2017 1:59 pm

aforadi wrote:
AVC wrote:Hi everyone,

Thanks,
AVC
1. New organisation needs to do RLMT before selecting you.
2. They need to issue you COS after that.
3. You apply to change of employment-tier 2.

sorted.
Thanks everyone , Do the new organisation still needs to do a RLMT even if I am currently n Tier 2 General visa. Also, I read somewhere in the forum here, RLMT only needs to be if my SOC job code chnages in the new Job. Is there seperate section on the home office website which talks about chnage of employment Tier 2.

AVC

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:05 pm

Yes, the new sponsor must complete the full and proper RLMT process before they can offer you the job and issue a CoS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AVC
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Certificate of sponsorship query

Post by AVC » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:21 pm

Hi All,
I am in the process of Changing my employer on Tier 2 General. My new sponsor has applied for CoS in mid July and still awaiting for the decision. It has been almost 3 weeks. Does anyone know how much time does it take to process the CoS?

Thanks

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 General Certificate of sponsorship query

Post by iworker » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:36 pm

it can take up to 2 months.
There is a new service where the employer pays to get the cos allocation decision in quick time (2 days). Maybe they are deliberately taking longer so people can use that service.

AVC
Newly Registered

Post by AVC » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:35 pm

Thanks, but i also got to know that they decide the CoS allocation on 11th of every month, is it right? They have applied for a restricted CoS for me.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:41 pm

how can they apply for restricted cos when u are already in the country and looking to change employers.
The restricted cos is for people coming to the uk for the first time.
You need unrestricted cos to change employers and must apply within uk.

AVC
Newly Registered

ISC exempt or ISC liable tier 2 general.visa

Post by AVC » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:49 pm

Hi all,
I am in the process of changing my employer on Tier 2 visa. They have to assign a unrestricted Cos for me but there are different options based on ISC. my current tier visa was applied before April 2017 ( Feb 2017) by my current employer. Which option will be applicable for me Tier 2 ISC liable or Tier 2 ISC liable.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: ISC exempt or ISC liable tier 2 general.visa

Post by moonlight55 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:52 pm

Tier 2 ISC Exempt.