ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General employee made redundant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rvkrnmattaparthi
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General employee made redundant

Post by rvkrnmattaparthi » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:23 pm

Hello All,

I'm on tier 2 General visa, and i am at risk of redundancy with my company. I'm in a confused stage now. My wife has a permanent job with her employer and they are willing to sponsor her, so she needs to apply for Tier 2 General, and i'm aware that we need to go back to home country and apply for both of us with me being a tier 2 Dependant.

The problem is, i will be eligible for 5 years route on tier 2 next September if i manage to find a tier 2 sponsor. what happens to it if i become a Dependant? Should i wait till i have 10 years in UK?

Do i need any cooling period before i can enter UK?

How long can i stay in UK to find a new job after making redundant?

Thanks,
Ravi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General employee made redundant

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:45 pm

i'm aware that we need to go back to home country and apply for both of us with me being a tier 2 Dependant.

Only your wife has to apply in home country. You can apply within the UK for a PBS Dependent visa once she returns with an approved Tier 2 General visa.
The problem is, i will be eligible for 5 years route on tier 2 next September if i manage to find a tier 2 sponsor. what happens to it if i become a Dependant? Should i wait till i have 10 years in UK?
Your clock resets to zero for ILR based on 5 years residence. You cannot combine the two visa categories.
Do i need any cooling period before i can enter UK?
Not if you apply as a dependent and not if you switch sponsors WITHIN the UK.

Code: Select all

How long can i stay in UK to find a new job after making redundant?
Until HO curtails/cancels your visa and they will write to you about this, it takes a few months.
You should be aware for ILR based on Tier 2 General, an employment gap of more than 60 days will result in likely refusal for ILR. This is counted from your last date of employment to the date of new Tier 2 visa application within the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.