ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New born tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mawi88
United Kingdom

New born tier 2

Post by Mawi88 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:39 pm

Hello everyone,
I am currently in UK (on tier 2) with my wife (dependent) and we have got a new born Baby born in the UK. I would like to get a tier 2 visa for my new born and i have a number of questions in mind that i hope you could help with:

1- can i apply for a tier 2 visa (dependent) for my new born with only the birth certificate without a passport ?

2- can the maintaince funds required be in my bank accout or my wife's ? Or does it have to be in the baby's bank account, cause i dont think banks would open account for a new borns?!?

Your help is much appreciated.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: New born tier 2

Post by iworker » Thu May 18, 2017 3:29 pm

1 not without passport,
2. either u or your wife.
read the guidance, there is clear information.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:52 am

iworker wrote:1 not without passport,
You can apply for a PBS dependant child leave without requiring a passport.
The application process provisions for this with an option - does not have a passport as the child was born in the UK. I have successfully applied for my daughter's visa without a passport.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat May 20, 2017 12:37 am

gag285 wrote:
The application process provisions for this with an option - does not have a passport as the child was born in the UK. I have successfully applied for my daughter's visa without a passport.
Most people apply for dependent visa for children born in the UK if they intend to take the baby out of UK. The question, if you manage to get the dependent visa without a passport, how will the child travel without a passport. It is always good to avoid doubts. Get a passport for the child and then apply for dependent visa. It's bet that way. And if you don't have the intention of taking the baby outside UK, you can wait until either of the parents gets ILR and then apply for BC for the child.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:15 am

Djsuccess wrote:The question, if you manage to get the dependent visa without a passport, how will the child travel without a passport.
Guess the IMHO never asked the question about travel plans. It may be wise to do things in an order but certainly not the smartest. Agreed you can't travel without a passport but the point is the process of securing either document is independent of each other which means they can be done together at the same time or in any order. I did my daughter's passport and visa at around the same time simply to save time

Mawi88
United Kingdom

Post by Mawi88 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:30 pm

Thank you for the reply....
So i can apply without a passport. I am in the process of filling the application and indeed there is an option that allows you to apply with only brith certificate. However, the for the health surcharge, it seems they require a passport number ! What did you do about this ?

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:24 pm

Mawi88 wrote:it seems they require a passport number ! What did you do about this ?
Its been some time so can't remember exactly but I would think the IHS was calculated on the basis of visa length and applied to the application number and not the passport.
Don't know if this has changed. Are you sure this is a required field and cannot be subsituted with say the birth certificate number in your case ( Have you tried the guidance notes?)

Mawi88
United Kingdom

Post by Mawi88 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:06 pm

Well i can leave the passport number field blank; which gaudance note are you refering to ?

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:01 pm

Mawi88 wrote:Well i can leave the passport number field blank; which gaudance note are you refering to ?
There are usually guidance notes with application forms which are what I was referring to. If the passport number field is not mandatory, you should be good with leaving it blank.

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:43 am

gag285 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 11:52 am
Hi,

I also filled the visa application form without getting a passport.
They are asking just birth certificate and photos.
My doubt is do we need to submit original passport and brp cards of both parents.
I'm planning to apply passport for my baby as well where I need to show parents passports.
Could you help me with the query .

Thanks,
Dewdrops

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:47 am

dewdrops1420 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:43 am
gag285 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 11:52 am
Hi,

I also filled the visa application form without getting a passport.
They are asking just birth certificate and photos.
My doubt is do we need to submit original passport and brp cards of both parents.
I'm planning to apply passport for my baby as well where I need to show parents passports.
Could you help me with the query .

Thanks,
Dewdrops
Kindly a) continue in your own topic OR b) start your own rather than tagging onto a topic that is almost a year old!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.