ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU having a Registration Certificate and mauritian fiance.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anglaise786974
Newly Registered

EU having a Registration Certificate and mauritian fiance.

Post by anglaise786974 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:23 pm

Hello there!

I am new here. My question might be repetitive but I really need a good answer.

I am a french national, I have my Registration Certificate since January 08 and I have been in UK for one year and 3 months now.

My fiance is Mauritian studying in the UK.

We would like to get married this year in Mauritius.

I know that my husband to be has to apply for the EEAFP, however I am wondering about the length of the process.

Is it much better if we come back together to UK or should I come back to UK first?

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Also another question please, the French born in France but who live in the UK, have you ever asked to receive your birth certificate whilst living in the UK? If so, did you have to pay for the postal fees?

freon21

Post by freon21 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:08 am

you can apply online at your place of birth (MAIRIE) for a birth certificate wich will be sent to you free of charge.Good luck

maggie14
Newly Registered

Re: EU having a Registration Certificate and mauritian fianc

Post by maggie14 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:00 pm

anglaise786974 wrote:Hello there!

I am new here. My question might be repetitive but I really need a good answer.

I am a french national, I have my Registration Certificate since January 08 and I have been in UK for one year and 3 months now.

My fiance is Mauritian studying in the UK.

We would like to get married this year in Mauritius.

I know that my husband to be has to apply for the EEAFP, however I am wondering about the length of the process.

Is it much better if we come back together to UK or should I come back to UK first?

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Also another question please, the French born in France but who live in the UK, have you ever asked to receive your birth certificate whilst living in the UK? If so, did you have to pay for the postal fees?
weel i was in a simmilar situation.My husband is from zimbabwe and we went in zimbabwe we got married and we have been representated by a solicitor which told as what to do but after our marriage we had an application already done from uk we just atached the documents and called them when we were ready.We went in person to embassy in harare and had visa in the same day.under EU law they must do it as quick as they can and free of charge.We had lots of supportative documents like:
1.poof of our relationship before:photos ,card,phone invoice,letters from 2 friends,wedding invitation,rings receipt
2proof of marriage and we have lived togeder after :marriage certificate,photos from wedding,receipts from restaurant after wedding party,receipt from hotels when we have been in honeymoon
2.proof of supporting him in uk:my bank statment +saveing ,tenancy agreeement +letter from my landlord.letter from my employer
our tickets and we got it in the same day.I do not know if there in mauritius is the same but they must do it quick and if u have everthing clear they must do it.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:37 pm

You can apply for thr EEAFP which should be issued immediately. This is usually within a few days if not on the same day. You should check this confirmed in writing from the BHC. The contact information for the BHC in your spouses home country and related information can be found on the Forgein and Commonwealth website.

I suggest you contact the BHC and ask them in an email what is required by way of supporting documents for the EEAFP. Although this is stated in the guidance documents for the EEAFP, it would be good to have this in the form of an email directly from the BHC. Use the email address that they post on their website (bhc@bow.intnet.mu) asking what documents your will be required, turnaround times etc. Take this email and response with you when you apply.

In terms of how much you need to show to save, this figure I have read should support you both and is approx 500 gbp per person, per month. You will need to get this confirmed.

Although it is not necessary, my advise will be that you travel back to the UK together and join the ÚK and EU passport holders when going through immigration. This, in my expereince makes a difference.