ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ish21

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Ish21 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:41 pm

Hi all,
Quick UPDATE!!

I got a call from HO today and also my employer did which was my dad as its a family run business i put down as my second job, everything we answered was right i guess as i double checked in the paperwork, my only concern is that they asked me that she asked me why did you get this second job i said bcuz i needed it for the visa and also i had spare time and too keep me busy i thought of getting a second job, then she said for the visa requirement then i repeated what i said. Im really scared right now dont know whats gona happen but will that make an issue towards my case insha'allah it doesnt. Also after this call when do they get back to you and when does it get decided.

Emm
Newly Registered

Post by Emm » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:51 pm

I haven't received my docs back ,they will send all supporting docs to my wife's address in uk
I applied from Ghana

Sam5258
inactive

Re: NEW TO GROUP Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Sam5258 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:13 pm

Hi all I am new to this thread. Can anyone help me
Firstly where can I track my status if the application?
I applied for my husbands visa on 13/1/2017. A few days later I received an email to say they received the case and will contact me within 12 weeks. I paid for priority service. but have received absolutely no emails since then not even to say it is being delayed or anything at all. I have called the immigration line twice, first they said I will here after 7 days, I called after 7 days and now they are saying after 15 working days, I feel like I am not getting a straight answer front them. My solicitor has sent many emails to them which they have ignored. I have waited 8 months already which is beyond a joke now. Can someone please help me

Sam5258
inactive

Post by Sam5258 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:20 pm

Benyusif wrote:I am in the same boat! I submitted my application on 25/01/17 biometric was done 2/02/17 all paperwork was submitted to Sheffield on 12/02/17.Paperwork returned on 01/04/17..email received on 28/04/17 saying out of target but will be contacted soon. Two calls to premium no but still waiting .they were not able to give me a reason for the delay.
Hi your case was done a similar time as mine, can you please tell me if you have received your reply. I applied on the 13th of January and have had no emails or any updated from them at all

Emm
Newly Registered

Post by Emm » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:37 pm

I did not receive any call from Sheffield,my sponsor did not receive any call,employers received no calls,Sheffield did not request any further info until status went decided.Is that worrying? Has any one got an idea? It seems extremely straight forward

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:14 am

binbin wrote:
Raj86 wrote:U should get ur passport within 2 weeks that's what I have notice with other people's application so I won't worry to much it's a good sign :)
thank you for your reply.
the problem is new fresh 10 working days count starts following each update, I have called the helpline twice after each update. the answer is wait for 10 days, but never get 10days!
What do you mean "a fresh 10 working days start each time you call the helpline?"

That is not right. Who told you that?

The online checker should have one "Decided date" on it continuously. My wifes was 13 July. Even when I was checking on 31st July it still said decision made 13th July. Once 10 working days have passed from "decided date" if you have not heard anything then you should seriously begin to worry!

If your "decided date" was 26th July as per online tracker, I would start worrying now because by my count, working day 10 was today. That is unusual.

If you do not get anything from the collection office tomorrow morning, I advise you call the helpine and ask for it to be escalated immediately. That is what we did. Problem is that they will tell you it takes 15 working days to respond. So, that is your Vignette validity practically gone!!

Don't expect an email to your MP to work on its own. They get hundreds of emails, could take them weeks to read yours.

1) Send them an email with all your application details in and the escalation case number
2) Go on Facebook, find their page and telephone number and call them when 12 working days have elapsed - Friday - if you have still heard nothing.
3) It probably will not be the MP you speak to directly but their back office staff, they have the same authority, if they are not helpful, ask to be given a time to speak to the MP without delay.

You must tell them that

"I am experiencing great difficulty with a government department, the home office"

"I applied for a spouse visa for my wife and have received the decision made email on --/--/--"

"I understand from online forums that a few people whose visas were granted have received virtually completely expired vignettes and normal time for the decision to be sent is 6 - 8 days, not working days, days"

"I am deeply concerned that should our application have been approved, my spouses vignette will expire before the passport is returned."

"Would you please intervene in this matter on my behalf and escalate in order to prevent this happening to me"

"I have sent you an email with all the details but I understand you are busy and if you have not seen it, I am happy to provide them now"

This exact situation happened to me and my wife. She got her passport back today - vignette 21st July to 20th August!!

Just think what might have happened if I had not contacted my MP directly on Friday and instead waited the 15 working days for the escalation. My full account is on my thread here (page 3)

immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... 38-40.html

I honestly believe they have a lot of new staff who are inexperienced and are not doing things properly. Mistakes are being made and you and everybody else should be aware of this.

Only your direct action will prevent another farcical situation from developing.

Good luck
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:47 am

givezemra wrote:
Andrew1972 wrote:
Emm wrote:Congrats who got your visa ,I got DECIDED status today
My timeline as follows
Online sub 16 May 2017(non priority)
Documents to Sheffield 17 May 2017
Sheffield
Received email from Sheffield on 16 June ,asking for a prepaid envelope but I had already sent one wit Docs
Sponsor emailed Sheffield for App status on 22 July and received the usual case being considered and awaiting a decision
Online tracker shows DECIDED today
It's 60 working days in total
I'm anxious to know the decision.
I did not receive a case not straightforward or hold email
Fingers crossed
Fingers crossed!

My wife's biometrics were submitted on May 19th, so hoping for news soon! Have you received you supporting documents back?
What's the online tracker that says 'DECIDED'? I've tried checking something on gov.uk website but doesn't recognise my ref number so wasn't sure if that's just for people applying inside uk?

Can anyone advise?

Yes I think the tracker only works if applied in UK only as mine isn't recognised either.

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:21 am

Im really worried, HO called about my second employment they asked me why did i find this job and i said "for the visa requirment and also just to keep myself busy as i had few days of so why not" then she asked me again and i said the same, do you think this will cause an issue ? Also after that she started still asking more questions and they went fine. PLZ HELP REALLY SCARED !!

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:09 am

Guys as the hold is off from today if anyone hears anything please let us know ..../
I checked the online tracker and it still says not reg....
And application form section on gov.uk site hasn't updated....
So idk what's going on but anyone who's on hold please let us know if u hear anything thanks

tee4141
Newly Registered

Post by tee4141 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:45 am

hi people
I applied for my wife and daughter from Islamabad .
the biometrics were done on 30th march 2017. non priority application
no hold email just not straight forward email after 60 working days after that nothing.
keep telling me awaiting decision.
any ideas people.

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:10 pm

tee4141 wrote:hi people
I applied for my wife and daughter from Islamabad .
the biometrics were done on 30th march 2017. non priority application
no hold email just not straight forward email after 60 working days after that nothing.
keep telling me awaiting decision.
any ideas people.

same here, already found 4 people handed in 30th march, and all get not straight forward email.
now only wait, i had try to contact MP, my agency write a letter to them all no reply.
think its gonna 90 working days this week. so hope everyone have some good news

tee4141
Newly Registered

Post by tee4141 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:22 pm

Hope so mate.

its been difficult away from Mrs + new baby .
hope we all get good news soon.
I have contacted my MP and they asked me to provide them with some information.

fahsin7785
Newly Registered

Post by fahsin7785 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:21 pm

Mash17101 wrote:Hi,

Thanks, yes it is this tracker and i applied in bangladesh.

Have you managed to get any updates to be honest its luck its all about you case worker sometimes they do it quick sometimes they are just lazy.

I hope yours is done soon so goodluck.the struggle is real i know how this waiting game is.
Hi mash have your received your decision? How did you use that visa status checker? As every time I put a reference in it's says error. I applied for my wife from Bangladesh

tchindy
Newly Registered

Post by tchindy » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:52 pm

Hi all,

I have been following this thread and the previous one for a while, Biometrics were sent on 13/01/2017 from Sao Paulo Brazil, and the On Hold email was received on 07/03/2017. Like most of you here,
we have tried contacting the HO endlessly and it was useless, As helpful as they were too, there was not much our solicitor & MP could do. It has been almost 30 weeks now.

I understand the HO had published a letter a few weeks ago stating the new rules and that from today they would restart considering all the 5,000 applications that were paused, and I've just received an email from them saying my application has been reassigned to an ECO.

Fingers crossed now, I hope that we all get all decisions and visas soon. If anyone who's received the On Hold email gets their decision soon, do let us know. I'll also keep everyone updated.

Best of luck!

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:19 pm

tchindy wrote:Hi all,

I have been following this thread and the previous one for a while, Biometrics were sent on 13/01/2017 from Sao Paulo Brazil, and the On Hold email was received on 07/03/2017. Like most of you here,
we have tried contacting the HO endlessly and it was useless, As helpful as they were too, there was not much our solicitor & MP could do. It has been almost 30 weeks now.

I understand the HO had published a letter a few weeks ago stating the new rules and that from today they would restart considering all the 5,000 applications that were paused, and I've just received an email from them saying my application has been reassigned to an ECO.

Fingers crossed now, I hope that we all get all decisions and visas soon. If anyone who's received the On Hold email gets their decision soon, do let us know. I'll also keep everyone updated.

Best of luck!
Hi
So are you trying to say that they will now only look into " on hold" applications ?? Will they ignore or hold the other applications ?? If they now only look into cases up till may or something the rest of the cases will be kept on hold then ?!? God !! Really don't know what will happen

binbin
Newly Registered

Post by binbin » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:00 pm

SimonS wrote:
binbin wrote:
here s My wife spouse visa application timeline:

24/04/2017 biometric taken
04/05/2017 receive confirmation email
26/07/2017 online tracker shows "Decided", waiting for passport
01/08/2017 online tracker update "Decided", waiting for passport
07/08/2017 online tracker update "Decided", waiting for passport

the problem is new fresh 10 working days count starts following each update, I have called the helpline twice after each update. the answer is wait for 10 days, but never get 10days!
What do you mean "a fresh 10 working days start each time you call the helpline?"

The online checker should have one "Decided date" on it continuously.
Simon
Thank you Simon. When I called the helpline on 04/08, I had been told waiting for 10 working days after 01/08, another call made on 09/08, they told me to call back 10 working days after 07/08, the system only recognise the decision made on 07/08, what's the end if UKVI update the date continuously? This is what I worried.

tchindy
Newly Registered

Post by tchindy » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:13 pm

Geet1328 wrote:

Best of luck!
Hi
So are you trying to say that they will now only look into " on hold" applications ?? Will they ignore or hold the other applications ?? If they now only look into cases up till may or something the rest of the cases will be kept on hold then ?!? God !! Really don't know what will happen

Hi @Geet1328,

I have no idea of how they'll work from now on, my guess is that they must have a separated team to clear the backlog, as well as another to work on recent applications. Do have in mind that the Sheffield office is not the only one to deal with all 5000 applications. Mine for example, is dealt in Bogota, Colombia.

MissOwl
Newly Registered

Post by MissOwl » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:44 pm

I agree with tchindy, no one knows exactly how UKVI will be dealing with the situation, but focusing purely on 'on hold' applications would create another backlog, doesn't make sense. I do believe that they either have separate teams for on hold applications, or each ECO have their own little pile of those.

By the way, amazing news for all of us 'on hold', tchindy! Hoping it won't be long until we all have decisions made. Best of luck with the outcome.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:23 pm

MissOwl wrote:I agree with tchindy, no one knows exactly how UKVI will be dealing with the situation, but focusing purely on 'on hold' applications would create another backlog, doesn't make sense. I do believe that they either have separate teams for on hold applications, or each ECO have their own little pile of those.

By the way, amazing news for all of us 'on hold', tchindy! Hoping it won't be long until we all have decisions made. Best of luck with the outcome.

Hi tchindy and missowl

Guess you both are right coz that makes sense too !! Dividing teams ... hope we all get the good news soon !! All the best !!

Sam5258
inactive

Post by Sam5258 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:42 pm

binbin wrote:
SimonS wrote:
binbin wrote:

Simon
Thank you Simon. When I called the helpline on 04/08, I had been told waiting for 10 working days after 01/08, another call made on 09/08, they told me to call back 10 working days after 07/08, the system only recognise the decision made on 07/08, what's the end if UKVI update the date continuously? This is what I worried.
Hi the same has happened with me. I called on 21/7 and hey said call after 7 days, when I did they said call after 15 days. I feel like there is no exact time and they are just trying to prolong the situation for as long as possible, after all they are getting money from us each time we call

Sam5258
inactive

Post by Sam5258 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:44 pm

Geet1328 wrote:

Best of luck!
Hi
Hi can I just ask from where did you receive this information that 5000 are put on hold? Mine is ongoing from January and I have received no email or any updates to say it's on hold or what is going on

Sam5258
inactive

Post by Sam5258 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:46 pm

Raj86 wrote:Guys as the hold is off from today if anyone hears anything please let us know ..../
I checked the online tracker and it still says not reg....
And application form section on gov.uk site hasn't updated....
So idk what's going on but anyone who's on hold please let us know if u hear anything thanks
How do you know the hold is now off?

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:01 pm

binbin wrote:
SimonS wrote:
binbin wrote:

Simon
What does the online tracker say?

Did you receive an email?
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:06 am

fahsin7785 wrote:
Mash17101 wrote:Hi,

Thanks, yes it is this tracker and i applied in bangladesh.

Have you managed to get any updates to be honest its luck its all about you case worker sometimes they do it quick sometimes they are just lazy.

I hope yours is done soon so goodluck.the struggle is real i know how this waiting game is.
Hi mash have your received your decision? How did you use that visa status checker? As every time I put a reference in it's says error. I applied for my wife from Bangladesh

Hi Fahsin7785, Can I ask when you applied as I applied from Bangladesh a well. Did you get the on-hold email ?

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:00 am

Sam5258 wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:

Best of luck!
Hi
Hi can I just ask from where did you receive this information that 5000 are put on hold? Mine is ongoing from January and I have received no email or any updates to say it's on hold or what is going on
Hi
See this document -
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ssible.pdf
It mentions that at the end of June 5000 applications were on hold under the orders of the Secretary of State and the hold will be taken off from 10th August.

My wife applied in January and never received a hold email.