ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query related to RLMT Validity

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

remya
Newly Registered

Query related to RLMT Validity

Post by remya » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:04 am

Hi,

I have been offered a job from a UK Company after completing RLMT. The RLMT details as below.

Ad posted in 2 sites on February 2, Waited for 28 days. Then interviews were conducted and got offer on 3rd March.
I had applied for Tier 2 General visa and got refused on 1st week of June due to language requirement. Since the whole process needs to be started it took some days for my second application and the 2nd application was on July last week and I opted for Priority Service. But till now I didn't get any update. I am a bit worried and was checking the blogs and found about the RLMT validity. Please let me know in this case is the RLMT valid still. How is it calculated? Either from the date the ad was given or after the waiting period of 28 days?

Thanks in advance.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Query related to RLMT Validity

Post by iworker » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:48 am

rlmt completes after 28 days of adds.
its valid for 6 months after that.

remya
Newly Registered

Post by remya » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:51 am

Thank you for your reply.

firecube
Newly Registered

Post by firecube » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:56 am

Just checking the guide pg 122, it kind of makes it sound inclusive though might be bad UKVI wording - who knows: " The vacancy must have been advertised for at least 28 days within the 6 months before you assign the CoS to a migrant"

In any case though its 6 months to the date of assigning a CoS,,, not applying for visa app. From assigning the CoS you have another 3 months for the visa app (unless your old CoS was used and you are applying for a new one).

remya
Newly Registered

Post by remya » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:03 am

firecube wrote:Just checking the guide pg 122, it kind of makes it sound inclusive though might be bad UKVI wording - who knows: " The vacancy must have been advertised for at least 28 days within the 6 months before you assign the CoS to a migrant"

In any case though its 6 months to the date of assigning a CoS,,, not applying for visa app. From assigning the CoS you have another 3 months for the visa app (unless your old CoS was used and you are applying for a new one).
So the validity is meant only for the issue of CoS,right? In that case my CoS was generated and assigned on 25th July, which was with in 6 months. Visa application can happen any time 3 months after that?,even if the RLMT expired?

firecube
Newly Registered

Post by firecube » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:24 am

Yes i think u are fine even if it is inclusive.. as cos was assigned before aug 2.

remya
Newly Registered

Post by remya » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:35 am

firecube wrote:Yes i think u are fine even if it is inclusive.. as cos was assigned before aug 2.
Ok Thank you. I was worried because I had opted for priority service but still I have not got update and its been 2 weeks now. May be because earlier visa was refused they are taking more time :( :?

new2here
Newly Registered

Post by new2here » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:08 am

Just to be on the safe side, do you know which two sites? Was it advertised on any job site and on the universal jobmatch site? It has to be advertised on universal jobmatch in order to meet RLMT requirements.

RE: your question, I think you should be okay.