ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do i have to wait 8 weeks to request passport back?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lorablue
Newly Registered

Do i have to wait 8 weeks to request passport back?

Post by Lorablue » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:33 am

Hello All,

I am a spouse of EU citizen. He has applied for EEA PR on 1 August and included me into his application.
I would like to request my passport back to be able to travel but my husband claims he saw in the application form that you need to wait for 1 month from the date of submission before requesting the passport.
To double check it I called UK Visas and Immigration (EU nationals section) and they told me that I need to wait for 8 weeks since the date of the application, otherwise I will jeopardize the process :x .

Did you come across anything like this? Is it true that it is risky to request document too early? I asked an immigration lawyer and he thinks I can do it any moment. However by no means I want to cause a problem by asking the passport back.

Thank you!

StressedOut2017
Newly Registered

Re: Do i have to wait 8 weeks to request passport back?

Post by StressedOut2017 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:53 am

Hello there. I also have a similar story. Applied on Aug 11. I am the Spouse of the applicant. I need my passport for a work trip. Called a few weeks ago and was told it was 4 weeks. Recently received CoA. Called today to check if I could even get both passports and was told asking for anything back before 8 weeks could jeopardise the whole application!!!! That is crazy it leaves me with a VERY narrow window in which to get my passport returned in time for a work trip. Since asking this questions have you found out anything else.. did you in fact request your passport? Thanks