ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

binbin
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by binbin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:30 am

Ish21 wrote:Im really worried, HO called about my second employment they asked me why did i find this job and i said "for the visa requirment and also just to keep myself busy as i had few days of so why not" then she asked me again and i said the same, do you think this will cause an issue ? Also after that she started still asking more questions and they went fine. PLZ HELP REALLY SCARED !!
My personal point of view: as long as your second employment had been confirmed permanent, that's fine.

binbin
Newly Registered

Post by binbin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:44 am

SimonS wrote:
What does the online tracker say?

Did you receive an email?
online tracker shows decided, but the date changed 3 times, from 26/07 to 01/08, 07/08.
No email!

I dont think my mp will see me, she is leader of commons. anyway, I v sent enquiry email and get quick respond from her assistant, they forward email to the Home Office MPs’ helpline calling for an urgent review.
I also email UKVI and got respond this morning saying that decision had been made and would receive passport back within 10 working days.
finger cross!

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:02 am

My personal point of view: as long as your second employment had been confirmed permanent, that's fine.
Yeh it did say permanant on the cover letter my employer gave me and also i started the job before i got married. Plus its a family runned business so i didnt want them getting a wrong impression.

Do they call just that one time or will they call again?

tee4141
Newly Registered

Post by tee4141 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:08 am

ISH. don't worry about it . as long as you paying tax on the hours you doing. all be ok. are you getting paid cash or through proper channel.

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:19 am

tee4141 wrote:ISH. don't worry about it . as long as you paying tax on the hours you doing. all be ok. are you getting paid cash or through proper channel.
Thank you tee4141,

Yeh my dad pays me through the bank and all tax payments are given on time.

tee4141
Newly Registered

Post by tee4141 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:26 am

ISH. don't worry about it than. all be ok . you paying tax that is the main thing. you will get the visa .

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:39 am

tee4141 wrote:ISH. don't worry about it than. all be ok . you paying tax that is the main thing. you will get the visa .
Insha'allah, Thank you soo much , one more thing do they call once or will they call me again? And after how long will they get back to me

tee4141
Newly Registered

Post by tee4141 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:58 am

its my own personnel opinion I wouldn't think they call again. they should have asked you all the questions to help them make a decision.
they will access and analyse the answers you gave to the information u provided. wish u all the best ..

Sam5258
inactive

Post by Sam5258 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:09 am

Hi can I just ask from where did you receive this information that 5000 are put on hold? Mine is ongoing from January and I have received no email or any updates to say it's on hold or what is going on[/quote]

Hi
See this document -
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ssible.pdf
It mentions that at the end of June 5000 applications were on hold under the orders of the Secretary of State and the hold will be taken off from 10th August.

My wife applied in January and never received a hold email.[/quote]

Hi thank you so much for your reply
Have you tried to call them or contact them in any way? This is a joke it has now been 8 months since we applied. It is a relief to know they are sorting the on hold cases, however it does not say how long it should take, it could even take another 8 months! Have you tried to contact your local mp? They are ignoring my solicitors emails and also not responding to mp.

Sam5258
inactive

Post by Sam5258 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:11 am

Ish21 wrote:
tee4141 wrote:ISH. don't worry about it than. all be ok . you paying tax that is the main thing. you will get the visa .
Insha'allah, Thank you soo much , one more thing do they call once or will they call me again? And after how long will they get back to me
They only call once. I also received a call in January, it is now August and they still have not contacted me in any way. Good luck

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:13 am

Sam5258 wrote:Hi can I just ask from where did you receive this information that 5000 are put on hold? Mine is ongoing from January and I have received no email or any updates to say it's on hold or what is going on
Hi
See this document -
It mentions that at the end of June 5000 applications were on hold under the orders of the Secretary of State and the hold will be taken off from 10th August.

Have you tried to call them or contact them in any way? This is a joke it has now been 8 months since we applied. It is a relief to know they are sorting the on hold cases, however it does not say how long it should take, it could even take another 8 months! Have you tried to contact your local mp? They are ignoring my solicitors emails and also not responding to mp.[/quote]

Hi
I'm sure you must have tried calling or emailing them ... what reply are you getting?? Also yeah now that they will start looking at the " on hold" cases I'm sure you will hear from them soon !! All the best !!!

Andrew1972

Post by Andrew1972 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:17 pm

Today the online tracker changed to "DECIDED" for my wife's application from Russia!:-)
Our timeline as follows

Country applying from: Russia (Moscow)
Type of visa applied for: Spouse
Priority/Non-Priority: None-Priority
Date application submitted (online or in person): May 9th, 2017 (online)
Date biometrics taken: May 19th, 2017
Date documents forward to UKVI: May 23rd, 2017
Date documentation was received by UKVI: Package signed for in Sheffield May 24th 2017
Email confirmation of online application received in Sheffield: June 5th 2017
Email confirmation of supporting documents received in Sheffield: None received
Supporting Documents Returned: Not Yet
Office location processing your visa: Sheffield
Projected timeline given: 12 weeks
Decision made email: Received August 11th (59th working day) - says will be delivered within 10 days
Date your visa was received: Waiting

Andrew1972

Spouse Visa for My Russian Wife - Please Help

Post by Andrew1972 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:24 pm

The online tracker for my wife's application changed to DECIDED today, 59 working days since biometrics!! They did not contact us at all during the process, no phone calls or emails to ask for further information. Now the nerve wracking wait for the decision to arrive in the post!

Country applying from: Russia (Moscow)
Type of visa applied for: Spouse
Priority/Non-Priority: Standard
Date application submitted (online or in person): May 9th, 2017 (online)
Date biometrics taken: May 19th, 2017
Date documents forward to UKVI: May 23rd, 2017
Date documentation was received by UKVI: Package signed for in Sheffield May 24th 2017
Email confirmation of online application received in Sheffield: June 5th 2017
Email confirmation of supporting documents received in Sheffield: None received
Supporting Documents Returned: Not Yet
Office location processing your visa: Sheffield
Projected timeline given: 12 weeks
Decision made email: Received August 11th (59th working day) - says will be delivered within 10 days
Date your visa was received: Waiting

ukgirl01
Newly Registered

Post by ukgirl01 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Application Category: Spouse (Husband) Standard non-priority
Application Submitted Online: 15/05/2017
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Lahore
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date): 23/05/2017
Online Application Received at Home Office (received an email): 09/06/2017 email address: VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk
Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On: 24/05/2017
Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On: 15/06/2017

June 2017: We forgot to send my husband's previous passport which we indicated on the online form we had so posted them a complete attested copy of every page of the passport. Acknowledgment received on 19/06/17 from UKsponsordocuments@Vfsglobal.com

Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): No
Employer Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): No

Status check 24/07/2017: Paid £5.48, received acknowledgment email but no response to query
Status check 10/08/2017: Replied to UKVI acknowledgment email asking for an update again. Acknowledgment email received again but no response to query.

Decision Made (As Per online status checker): 08/08/17. Use this url (https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus) and enter GWF in the following format (GWFxxxxxxxxx) or it will not display the status.

Contacted For Collection: Received an email from crmadmin@vfsglobal.com
“Dear xxx ,
The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWFxxxxxxxxx was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 8/11/2017 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.”
No call or text.

Collection Made: 11/08/2017
Decision Of Application: Visa granted
Validity Of Visa: 16/08/17 – 15/09/17
Total 57 working days since Biometrics appointment on 23/05/17.

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:46 pm

Sam5258 wrote:Hi can I just ask from where did you receive this information that 5000 are put on hold? Mine is ongoing from January and I have received no email or any updates to say it's on hold or what is going on
Hi
See this document -

Have you tried to call them or contact them in any way? This is a joke it has now been 8 months since we applied. It is a relief to know they are sorting the on hold cases, however it does not say how long it should take, it could even take another 8 months! Have you tried to contact your local mp? They are ignoring my solicitors emails and also not responding to mp.[/quote]

Yepp, I did contact MP.
I got this response from HO through my MP on 7th of July - Our records show that on 6 January Mrs xxxxxxxx submitted an application for Entry Clearance as a spouse, which remains outstanding. I can confirm that her case is with Visa Section Sheffield, and is under active consideration. I apologise for the continued delay in dealing with Mrs xxxxxxxx application, but as her case is complex in nature and requires further enquiries, some of which may be outside our organisation; I am unable to say how long it will take to conclude.

..still waiting patiently!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:05 pm

Can members posting in this topic PLEASE remember that you are not in a private chat room (unfortunately). ANY information you post on the forum can be seen by everyone so please DO NOT post ANY names or surnames or DOBs when quoting extracts of letters or responses.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Samundri kings
Newly Registered

Post by Samundri kings » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:36 pm

Hey guys...
It's been more than 6 months now waiting for decision from inside the UK. Tried to call but still topless:(

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:56 pm

cutiieepiie wrote:
denghao3 wrote:
cutiieepiie
I don't understand what is complicated about a case and if that is the case they should at least tell you what it is. After receiving the case not straightforward email I got in touch via phone call and they didn't know anything about that. I also emailed a couple of times and they didn't know why it's taking so long surely they should all give you the same info if they are ACTUALLY checking your case when you call or email. We can hope for the best

well, we cant do anything now. so, just relax, no news maybe is the best news.
by the way, if possible, can you update any news about you next week, thanks, i will update mine as well.
good luck!
Yeah sure I'll post an update next week hopefully. Good luck to you too[/quote]

Hi man,
any news this week? My application status still awaiting a decision. so sad.

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:32 pm

Hey guys I haven't heard anything from ukvi.....
Surely if the hold was off they would sent us email.....
Idk anyway but I haven't called ukvi over one month now as i find it useless...... waiting for my mp reply Nd then I will phone them if needed....but yh if anyone gets any updates please let us know thank you

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:32 pm

Hi Guys...

Email from my MP received yesterday:

I have spoken with the Home Office today and they have informed me that the evidence supplied with your original application was not sufficient for them to be able to confirm your income.

Unfortunately this therefore means that your case is subject to the review of the Supreme Court Ruling in February about minimum income thresholds. All such cases are currently on hold and a decision will be made once the Home Office has determined their policy with regard to this case.

I realise that you will find this disappointing but we will continue to press the Home Office to make their decisions as soon as possible. As soon as we hear again from the Home Office we will be in touch again.

It's funny has I do meet the minimum income & it's a permanent job too! I earn over 22k

Sam5258
inactive

Post by Sam5258 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:41 am

Geet1328 wrote:
Hi
See this document -

My wife applied in January and never received a hold email.

Hi
I'm sure you must have tried calling or emailing them ... what reply are you getting?? Also yeah now that they will start looking at the " on hold" cases I'm sure you will hear from them soon !! All the best !!![/quote]

I have emailed them 4-5 times and so has my solicitor, they are ignoring our emails not even replying. I have called them twice but they just keep saying it will take x amount of days, when I ring after those days they say it will now take x amount of days instead. Now again those days are over so I will be calling them on Monday for the 3rd time

Sam5258
inactive

Post by Sam5258 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:42 am

vsab101 wrote:
Hi
See this document -

My wife applied in January and never received a hold email.

Yepp, I did contact MP.
I got this response from HO through my MP on 7th of July - Our records show that on 6 January Mrs xxxxxxxx submitted an application for Entry Clearance as a spouse, which remains outstanding. I can confirm that her case is with Visa Section Sheffield, and is under active consideration. I apologise for the continued delay in dealing with Mrs xxxxxxxx application, but as her case is complex in nature and requires further enquiries, some of which may be outside our organisation; I am unable to say how long it will take to conclude.

..still waiting patiently![/quote]

That is ridiculous, your mp got that response almost 5 weeks ago and you are still waiting, how much longer do you have to wait! You have already waited so many months, who knows how long it will take despite getting the mp involved. I'm seriously so fed up with all this waiting game now, it's been 8 months for me all I want is a simple answer on how long it will take

Sam5258
inactive

Post by Sam5258 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:46 am

Raj86 wrote:Hey guys I haven't heard anything from ukvi.....
Idk anyway but I haven't called ukvi over one month now as i find it useless...... waiting for my mp reply Nd then I will phone them if needed....but yh if anyone gets any updates please let us know thank you
Hi what response was you getting when you called them? I called them and they said it would take a week, I called a week later as I got no response and they said it will take 15 working days, 15 working days later I still have no response from them! It's so frustrating how they want you to keep calling so they can take even more money off us and then won't even give us a straight answer

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:33 am

Hi everyone
Apparently I'm new to this forum

I must say that my husband is a British PR holder and we got married last year

Applied for my visa on January 18 2017
Emailed received stating that my application is not straightforward on March 2017
We tried to contact by emails and phone calls but still we did not get any answer back

Currently I passed my 29TH WEEK ( calculating the working weeks)

I must say this waiting and living without a hope is too harsh and no idea why they take such a long time to process my application. :cry: :cry:

I think people who got the not straightforward email are facing the similar situation as me

Thank you.

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:51 am

Sam5258 wrote:
Raj86 wrote:Hey guys I haven't heard anything from ukvi.....
Hi what response was you getting when you called them? I called them and they said it would take a week, I called a week later as I got no response and they said it will take 15 working days, 15 working days later I still have no response from them! It's so frustrating how they want you to keep calling so they can take even more money off us and then won't even give us a straight answer

All they say is ur awaiting a decision since march lol
And then when home office contacted my mp they said I am on hold due to Supreme Court ..... lol
So it doesn't make any senses
And I did recvice a mail from ukvi in march saying I am on hold ....
But whenever I call they can never help coz there is nothing in my records expect waiting a decision since march lol
This is my 29th week idk what to do ....
There is no confirmation of that hold is off.....
Really don't knw what to do