ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sending to sheffield Royal mail first class signed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mrsrainbow143

Sending to sheffield Royal mail first class signed

Post by Mrsrainbow143 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:56 pm

Hi all, anyone tried to use royal mail first class signed uk to uk? And how long will it take before it arrive uk to uk? Need your feedback please

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: Sending to sheffield Royal mail first class signed

Post by ILR1980 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:48 am

they normally deliver it next working day but not guaranteed and also depend on whether you have posted it early morning or afternoon

Its always recommended to use special delivery if you want guaranteed delivery time or want more protection/compensation

Mrsrainbow143

Post by Mrsrainbow143 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:58 am

ILR1980 wrote:they normally deliver it next working day but not guaranteed and also depend on whether you have posted it early morning or afternoon

Its always recommended to use special delivery if you want guaranteed delivery time or want more protection/compensation
Yes thats what im worrying about, we just sent it via first class :(
We sent it thursday 10th of august 15:30 in the afternoon. Im panciking and hoping it will arrive by 12th of august :(

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:04 am

Mrsrainbow143 wrote:
ILR1980 wrote:they normally deliver it next working day but not guaranteed and also depend on whether you have posted it early morning or afternoon

We sent it thursday 10th of august 15:30 in the afternoon. Im panciking and hoping it will arrive by 12th of august :(
Finger crossed as its Saturday on 12th august but they say that aim to deliver next working day including Saturdays so stay hopeful

also if its first class signed for then you can track it on their website

Mrsrainbow143

Post by Mrsrainbow143 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:20 am

ILR1980 wrote:
Mrsrainbow143 wrote:

Finger crossed as its Saturday on 12th august but they say that aim to deliver next working day including Saturdays so stay hopeful

Yes i keep tracking and it says its on its way thats why im panicking.
And thinking for the worst scenario that it will arrive monday and thats too late as sheffield emailed me that deadline for the requested documents will be on 12th of august. Nothing i cant do about it im absolutely hopeless tbh. Thanks for your responce xxx

Mrsrainbow143

Post by Mrsrainbow143 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:24 am

ILR1980 wrote:
Mrsrainbow143 wrote:

Sheffield is 2 hours far from my husband place so i dont know im still hoping and nervous at the same time.

Lisara
Newly Registered

Post by Lisara » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:16 pm

Hi,

I'm in the same boat, mine was sent on the 9th of August and has yet to arrive, I sent with 'first class signed for' service. Fingers crossed it arrives on Monday for you too, I'm assuming because it's the weekend the HO would be closed so might buy you some time hopefully.

Mrsrainbow143

Post by Mrsrainbow143 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:13 pm

Lisara wrote:Hi,

I'm in the same boat, mine was sent on the 9th of August and has yet to arrive, I sent with 'first class signed for' service. Fingers crossed it arrives on Monday for you too, I'm assuming because it's the weekend the HO would be closed so might buy you some time hopefully.
Hello, i just assume home office open also on saturday till 5pm base on what i read on google im not sure :mrgreen:
I keep checking royal mail tracking it always says is being progressed through our network for delivery. Husband said probably it wont update because they get too much post in sheffield they wont sign everything one by one. Hoping thats the case, I emailed sheffield the day we posted those requested bank statement and attach photo proof on its way. And now i checked my application status gwf still not recognise, fingers crossed for us :)

Mrsrainbow143

Post by Mrsrainbow143 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:49 am

Hi, hows the document you sent to sheffield? I tracked mine this morning and it says STATUS DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS OR A NEIGHBOUR. more details
Ur item with refference gkxxxxxxxx was delivered from our sheffield delivery office on 14/8/17 at 7:22 in the morning

Does this mean it already arrive to sheffield home office? But im confused no one signed it. Can you please let me know lisara whats ur status update? Please please... Thank you

Lisara
Newly Registered

Post by Lisara » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:39 pm

Mrsrainbow143 wrote:

Hi, hows the document you sent to sheffield? I tracked mine this morning and it says STATUS DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS OR A NEIGHBOUR. more details
Ur item with refference gkxxxxxxxx was delivered from our sheffield delivery office on 14/8/17 at 7:22 in the morning

Does this mean it already arrive to sheffield home office? But im confused no one signed it. Can you please let me know lisara whats ur status update? Please please... Thank you
Hi! Yes I've got the same exact update, mine arrived just a couple of minutes before yours (they must have been nestled in there together!). The signature for mine didn't show up until today when I checked, it was an awful scribble, hardly a signature lol.

When I saw the update I did call HO to confirm if it had been received by them, because I was a bit concerned with "...or neighbour" part of the delivery. The lady on the phone was useless, she told me to contact Royal Mail if I was concerned as she doesn't have the facilities to check if it's been received. I sent my husband's documents via DHL before and they arrived safely in the hands of the right person, so due to that I have hope that it has arrived. Don't worry yourself, on the basis of the documents arriving at the same address, our envelopes should be ok.

Just out of curiosity what is your timeline? (I hope it's to ask here!)

Mrsrainbow143

Post by Mrsrainbow143 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:19 am

Lisara wrote:
Mrsrainbow143 wrote:

Hi! Yes I've got the same exact update, mine arrived just a couple of minutes before yours (they must have been nestled in there together!). The signature for mine didn't show up until today when I checked, it was an awful scribble, hardly a signature lol.

When I saw the update I did call HO to confirm if it had been received by them, because I was a bit concerned with "...or neighbour" part of the delivery. The lady on the phone was useless, she told me to contact Royal Mail if I was concerned as she doesn't have the facilities to check if it's been received. I sent my husband's documents via DHL before and they arrived safely in the hands of the right person, so due to that I have hope that it has arrived. Don't worry yourself, on the basis of the documents arriving at the same address, our envelopes should be ok.

Just out of curiosity what is your timeline? (I hope it's to ask here!)
Hello, yes im concern with the part it was delivered 'or neighbour' but hopefully someone will pass the documents to the right person. I Applied april 5 online application but i resched my biometrics may 12, then may 24 sheffield email me to confirm they recieved my documents so i just count day 1 on the day they inform me they have my documents. Then august 4 thats our day 52 sheffield email me that my application is not straight forward then a couple of minutes another email from sheffield asking me to send it again those bank statment that should correspond to husband payslip, which is sorted to the new ones and we post it. So here i am waiting patiently for a positive result i badly miss my husband, What about you? Whats your timeline? :) fingers crossed to us 8)