ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier4 visa extension

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yani123
Newly Registered

Tier4 visa extension

Post by Yani123 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:21 pm

Hi

I am doing ACCA and I was unable to book exams due to acca fault of updating results.i missed 3semserters exams because of I was unable to book exams.i have sorted that and I did 2papers and I passed those papers.now my visa is about to expire and university refuse to sponsor me as lack of progression.but I passed all exams I took and I couldn't take exams that wasn't my fault.university offers me short term visa to complete 3papers.but I still have to complete 6more papers.so do I accept the university offer or not? If anyone can advise me I will be really glad

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Tier4 visa extension

Post by sah10406 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:49 am

Yani123 wrote:now my visa is about to expire and university refuse to sponsor me as lack of progression.but I passed all exams I took and I couldn't take exams that wasn't my fault.university offers me short term visa to complete 3papers.but I still have to complete 6more papers.so do I accept the university offer or not? If anyone can advise me I will be really glad
The university can in theory sponsor you for a Tier 4 application if you apply in you home country. Academic progress is only n issue for applications in the UK. Otherwise you will need to do the exams as a Standard Visitor, which you can apply for anywhere outside the UK. Short Term Student doesn't seem like the right route because it is not a short course or re-sits.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Yani123
Newly Registered

Post by Yani123 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:00 am

Thank you so much.
I need to apply inside the uk.if I go for short term visa will I be able to extend visa for next 8papers bcz university offeres only for 3papers.i need to complete this and go for masters.but with short term visa I am not sure I can again apply for tier4 visa.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:11 am

Yani123 wrote:I need to apply inside the uk.
You can't. You can apply for a Standard Visitor or Short Term Student visa anywhere outside the UK.
Yani123 wrote:if I go for short term visa will I be able to extend visa for next 8papers bcz university offeres only for 3papers.[.quote]
You can't extend, but if you are genuinely coming back for a short visit for the other exams, you should be able to do that as a Standard Visitor or Short-Term Student. Or perhaps the university will allow you to sit the papers in your home country.
Yani123 wrote:i need to complete this and go for masters.but with short term visa I am not sure I can again apply for tier4 visa.
You can, but you can only apply in your home country not in the UK.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.