ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long we can defer the ceremony date

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

middletier 1

Change of address after BC approval

Post by middletier 1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:51 pm

Hi,

We have received my daughter BC approval letter today and asked us to contact the local authority in 21 days to make an appointment to attend the ceremony . Last week only, we have moved to down south London from Scotland and no more staying in the Scotland address that we have given in March'17 during our JCAP application form. The approval letter came to new address through redirection only and we are still waiting for my wife and my decision letters.

Now my questions is can we attend the ceremony in London, if so do I need to inform to home office to change the address or contact the current Scotland local council and inform them to send all the details to the new council? I am bit confused. Or can I contact my new council and arrange an appointment for oath ceremony? please advice me....

As my daughter is 8 years old, thus she dont need to attend the ceremony, however the address with home office is the one we have given in march i.e Scotland address, so if they send my daughter passport by post it will go to the old Scotland address,

Please can you clarify my queries above

Thanks a lot..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Change of address after BC approval

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:51 pm

Now my questions is can we attend the ceremony in London, if so do I need to inform to home office to change the address or contact the current Scotland local council and inform them to send all the details to the new council? I am bit confused. Or can I contact my new council and arrange an appointment for oath ceremony? please advice me....
To change venue, you would have to inform HO and the Council in Scotland and advise where you wish to attend. The certificates then get sent back to HO and they take however long they take to send them to the new venue. This process takes a few weeks.
As my daughter is 8 years old, thus she dont need to attend the ceremony, however the address with home office is the one we have given in march i.e Scotland address, so if they send my daughter passport by post it will go to the old Scotland address,

The passport will be sent to the address you supplied on the application forms. She obviously does not attend the ceremony as she is only 8 years old, but if you applied as a family, her certificate will be given to you when you/other parents attend ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

middletier 1

Re: Change of address after BC approval

Post by middletier 1 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your kind reply, I will contact the home office and the council in Scotland, however do I still need to contact the HMPO as well? or home office is enough.

I understand that they will take few weeks to change the venue, and currently we are in India and I think by the time we come back to UK the certificates might come through the new council.

I have seen the link https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk to change the address and for my daughter we dont have any address proof for the new address so I can't do it online, in that case do I need to call the home office and change the address over phone? is this acceptable?

Thanks

middletier 1

How long we can defer the ceremony date

Post by middletier 1 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:56 am

Hi,

we have received the approval letters on 14/08/17 and currently we are in India due to medical emergency and I need to know how long we can defer the ceremony date, i.e 3 months or 6 months. We need to stay in India for another couple of months before go back to UK.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How long we can defer the ceremony date

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:02 am

The requirements are to book the ceremony within 21 days and to attend the ceremony within 90 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

middletier 1

Post by middletier 1 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:51 am

Thanks for your prompt reply CR001,

Recently we moved from Scotland to London and I have already contacted (03001232253) home office for the venue change and address change and since our applications was approved so they advised me to contact citizenship support and I contacted them and awaiting for their response. bit worried as I didnt received anything so far.
As soon as I get the confirmation then I will contact the council in London to make an appoint in the next 90 days.

Please advise if I am missing anything here

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:18 am

It would have been helpful to continue in your existing topic you already had (both topics now merged).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

middletier 1

Re: query regarding the ceremony certificates/passport delivery

Post by middletier 1 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:20 am

Hi CR001,

As you suggested I am continuing in the same post. We have received the new address invitation letters and looking forward to book the ceremony. I have query regarding the ceremony certificates. We have applied through JACP and like to know what to do with the ceremony certificate, once our ceremony done. Do we need to handover to someone over there or our passports will be despatched automatically once the ceremony done? please clarify.

Thanks

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:40 am

You will get the passports automatically following the ceremonies but you will need to contact HMPO to update them with your new address.

middletier 1

Post by middletier 1 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:44 am

Hi bruteforce,

thanks for your reply. I have contacted citizenship support and they have advised me that they have informed to them and updated their system with new address, thus I didnt inform HMPO.

my questions is what to do with the ceremony certificate? once we finish the ceremony?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:28 am

It is not a "ceremony certificate"! It is a naturalisation or registration certificate which is what confers british citizenship to you. You need to keep it safe and dont laminate it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

middletier 1

Re: BC application kept under hold after BC approval

Post by middletier 1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:39 pm

Hi,

with ref to my earlier posts my wife and daughter got their invitation letters to the new address in London and they booked the ceremony appointment in October last week. However my wife received an email from uk homeofice mentioned that their application kept under hold and they need to do some enquire as we have moved to London and they are planning to interview her.

We are surprised to see this email as her BC application was approved in August and got their invitation letters and they books ceremony as well but at the last minute they got this shocking news, my question is do the home office have the right to hold even after approved the BC application?

looking forward to get advice

Thanks

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:04 pm

It could be an interview for identity purposes only.

fiv
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fiv » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:02 am
The requirements are to book the ceremony within 21 days and to attend the ceremony within 90 days.
The 90 days to attend requirement is interesting. What if your local council doesn’t have any availability for the next 3 months?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:31 pm

fiv wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:18 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:02 am
The 90 days to attend requirement is interesting. What if your local council doesn’t have any availability for the next 3 months?
Most councils do and as long as it is booked then it is fine if it takes a bit longer. You also have the option of a private ceremony for a fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)