ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RLMT Verified

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shadydrive
Newly Registered

RLMT Verified

Post by Shadydrive » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:23 am

Hi all,

Just another quick question.

I am applying for a role now with an employer and they are still advertising and interviewing other candidates so the RLMT process is ongoing.

As my current tier 2 visa is going to expire soon (and I am unsure if I can extend it with my current employer), I want to make sure I understand this process properly as if the visa application gets rejected, I will have to leave the country for 1 year due to the cool-down period. I intend to apply via the premium service if / when I get issued the CoS.

At which stage of the process can I be sure that the RLMT is completed and verified? Will it be at the CoS issuing stage? Is there a chance that they issue the CoS and the HO officer decides at the appointment date that he is not satisfied with the way the RLMT is conducted (for whatever reason?)

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: RLMT Verified

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:36 am

What if the job is offered to another candidate?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Shadydrive
Newly Registered

Post by Shadydrive » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:42 am

Wanderer wrote:What if the job is offered to another candidate?
Then there is nothing I can do about this I guess.

The reason I'm getting concerned is because my visa is expiring soon in about 7 weeks. Assuming the RLMT + interviews takes about 5-6 weeks from now and I am successful, I can only be offered the job in about 5-6 weeks time after the RLMT has concluded. Even if I were to offered an extension by my current sponsor, I am imagining that they will take another 3-4 weeks to decide this.

I much prefer the role that I am interviewing for if I could have a free choice.

Obviously I cant apply for 2 tier 2 visas simultaneously and understand that I were to apply for my visa with the new sponsor and it gets rejected, timing might make it difficult for me to send in an application with my current sponsor. This is why I would like to know when I can be "confident" that if I get the offer from the new sponsor, that I should not receive problems with the visa application process.

Thanks!

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:49 pm

Shadydrive wrote:

The reason I'm getting concerned is because my visa is expiring soon in about 7 weeks. Assuming the RLMT + interviews takes about 5-6 weeks from now and I am successful, I can only be offered the job in about 5-6 weeks time after the RLMT has concluded. Even if I were to offered an extension by my current sponsor, I am imagining that they will take another 3-4 weeks to decide this.

I much prefer the role that I am interviewing for if I could have a free choice.

Obviously I cant apply for 2 tier 2 visas simultaneously and understand that I were to apply for my visa with the new sponsor and it gets rejected, timing might make it difficult for me to send in an application with my current sponsor. This is why I would like to know when I can be "confident" that if I get the offer from the new sponsor, that I should not receive problems with the visa application process.

Thanks!

You cannot make visa plans for a job you have not been offered. And depending on the job and the SOC code, the job might have to be offered to a settled worker even if you are the most qualified. There are a few exemptions to this. I will advise you plan to extend your visa with your current sponsor. If they don't have a COS to use, tell them to get one ready for you so they can assign when you need and then use premium application for extension. If you extend your visa with your current sponsor and then get offered a new job, you can then make another application. I will even suggest you renew your visa with your current employer now if they have a COS to assign using a premium service.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Shadydrive
Newly Registered

Post by Shadydrive » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:59 pm

Thanks DJ. I would do that if I could but unfortunately my current sponsor is not sure if they are going to extend my contract, which is one of the reasons I want to leave if I've been given the opportunity.

I guess I'll have to try and get the premium application done if / when my current sponsor decides to offer me an extension and then apply for a new visa should I be offered a role with a new sponsor.

But the original questions remains - at which stage can I be confident that the RLMT has been conducted successfully? If the new sponsor issues me a CoS does that mean that I will meet the points for that aspect?

Thanks
Djsuccess wrote:
Shadydrive wrote:

Thanks!

You cannot make visa plans for a job you have not been offered. And depending on the job and the SOC code, the job might have to be offered to a settled worker even if you are the most qualified. There are a few exemptions to this. I will advise you plan to extend your visa with your current sponsor. If they don't have a COS to use, tell them to get one ready for you so they can assign when you need and then use premium application for extension. If you extend your visa with your current sponsor and then get offered a new job, you can then make another application. I will even suggest you renew your visa with your current employer now if they have a COS to assign using a premium service.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:22 pm

Shadydrive wrote:Thanks DJ. I would do that if I could but unfortunately my current sponsor is not sure if they are going to extend my contract, which is one of the reasons I want to leave if I've been given the opportunity.

I guess I'll have to try and get the premium application done if / when my current sponsor decides to offer me an extension and then apply for a new visa should I be offered a role with a new sponsor.

But the original questions remains - at which stage can I be confident that the RLMT has been conducted successfully? If the new sponsor issues me a CoS does that mean that I will meet the points for that aspect?

Thanks
Djsuccess wrote:
Shadydrive wrote:

Thanks!

COS and RLMT are two different things. A company could offer you a job, assign you a COS and still fail RLMT. The first thing is that the job must have been advertised appropriately for a minimum of 28 calendar days. They might be asked to provide evidence of interview with you and other settled workers to show how and why they cannot find a settled worker to do the job. There is a guideline on how to conduct RLMT. If the company wants to offer you the job after they have interviewed all the possible candidates, they should read up on RLMT. You can also read it as well
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Shadydrive
Newly Registered

Post by Shadydrive » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:53 pm

Thanks Dj.

Yeap I have read up on the RLMT process but just wanted to clarify this point as obviously I want to make sure that everything goes smoothly as well.

Thanks for your help!

COS and RLMT are two different things. A company could offer you a job, assign you a COS and still fail RLMT. The first thing is that the job must have been advertised appropriately for a minimum of 28 calendar days. They might be asked to provide evidence of interview with you and other settled workers to show how and why they cannot find a settled worker to do the job. There is a guideline on how to conduct RLMT. If the company wants to offer you the job after they have interviewed all the possible candidates, they should read up on RLMT. You can also read it as well