ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Denmark long term Visa for Spouse of Pakistani origin

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ershadd2017
Newly Registered

Denmark long term Visa for Spouse of Pakistani origin

Post by Ershadd2017 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:54 am

Dear all,

I am here expecting that some of you (Pakistanis) might have gone through this process. My wife is applying for a long term visa for Denmark who is sponsored by me.

She has been asked to provide original Urdu Nikkah Nama, its English translation and MRC.

My questions to you are:

1. Where in Islamabad I can translate it and do I need to attest english translation from Nikkah registrar before attesting from foreign office?

2. Do I also need to attest the original Nikkah nama from foreign office?

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

pashag
Newly Registered

Re: Denmark long term Visa for Spouse of Pakistani origin

Post by pashag » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:52 am

Hello,

You can get the attestations and translations done at Kacheri (Courts) in Rawalpindi, if that is close to you.

Here is what I did:

- Took my original Nikkah nama and had it translated into English. There are many people sitting within the kacheri who can do this (get it done for a few hundred rupees). Make sure you proof read it yourself, as they usually tend to make use of templates with a lot of errors in them.

- Get the same person who has translated it into English to get it attested. He will take you to a place where you get the attestation stamp.

- Should you want to, you can get a stamp from a notary public too. Ask the same person to guide you.

- Yes, you need both the original Nikkah nama and its translation attested (with notory public stamps) to present at the MOFA.

- Before going to the MOFA, get x 2 photocopies of the translation in English, the original, your CNIC and wife's CNIC copies.

- Go to the MOFA at around 07:00 and go to the post office next to it. Pay 5 Rs for each document that you want attested. Once inside, get a ticket and wait for the ticketing system to call you to the counter. Expect to pick up the documents after 2 hours or so.

- Do you have a marriage certificate? If you do have it, it should by stamped by your local union council. You can get it stamped again with attestation/notary public too if you want (same procedure as above).

I hope that this helps!

Ershadd2017
Newly Registered

Re: Denmark long term Visa for Spouse of Pakistani origin

Post by Ershadd2017 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:10 pm

pashag wrote:Hello,

You can get the attestations and translations done at Kacheri (Courts) in Rawalpindi, if that is close to you.

Here is what I did:

- Took my original Nikkah nama and had it translated into English. There are many people sitting within the kacheri who can do this (get it done for a few hundred rupees). Make sure you proof read it yourself, as they usually tend to make use of templates with a lot of errors in them.

- Get the same person who has translated it into English to get it attested. He will take you to a place where you get the attestation stamp.

- Should you want to, you can get a stamp from a notary public too. Ask the same person to guide you.

- Yes, you need both the original Nikkah nama and its translation attested (with notory public stamps) to present at the MOFA.

- Before going to the MOFA, get x 2 photocopies of the translation in English, the original, your CNIC and wife's CNIC copies.

- Go to the MOFA at around 07:00 and go to the post office next to it. Pay 5 Rs for each document that you want attested. Once inside, get a ticket and wait for the ticketing system to call you to the counter. Expect to pick up the documents after 2 hours or so.

- Do you have a marriage certificate? If you do have it, it should by stamped by your local union council. You can get it stamped again with attestation/notary public too if you want (same procedure as above).

I hope that this helps!

Thank you very much for the detailed information, your time and cooperation.
You will have my gratitude forever.

Best regards