ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born abroad whose Parents have ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yosho81
Newly Registered

Child born abroad whose Parents have ILR

Post by yosho81 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:30 pm

Hello everyone,

Me, my husband and my daughter (who born outside the UK) arrived to UK in 2011 as refugees
and now in 2017 we all had our ILR.

Regarding my daughter's citizenship, please clarify which of these is the correct one :roll:

does my daughter (who is 6 year old now) eligible to be registered as a child under 18 as British citizen via MN1 form section 3 (1) as the parents have indefinite leave to remain??

Or does she has to wait for 12 months (like us) from the date of ILR to apply to naturalisation via AN form ??

Appreciated your assistance in advance

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child born abroad whose Parents have ILR

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:51 pm

She can only apply for citizenship when either of her parents apply so yes, she will have to wait.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jana2011
Newly Registered

Post by Jana2011 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:16 pm

CR001 wrote:She can only apply for citizenship when either of her parents apply so yes, she will have to wait.
thank you very much for prompt reply :D
by the way does she has to be applied with a separate application? because as I know that in naturalisation each individual will be treated separately. so, in my case; me and a husband and a daughter it means three separate AN forms? right?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:17 pm

2 AN forms for parents, one per adult.

Child will use MN1 form.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Jana2011
Newly Registered

Post by Jana2011 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:50 am

vinny wrote:2 AN forms for parents, one per adult.

Child will use MN1 form.

Thank you very much, you were so helpful :lol: highly appreciated