ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent advice for changing postal application to priority

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

srishanka1212
Newly Registered

Urgent advice for changing postal application to priority

Post by srishanka1212 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:06 pm

Hi everyone,

First of all, Thank you for all for being a great help for us people who are sometimes confused about immigration related problems. I have used this forum in the past myself to seek advice. I would greatly appreciate if anyone can give me a suggestion/advice regarding my current situation.

I recently applied for a tier 2 (general) extension on 21st of June 2017 (Standard postal). Submitted my bio-metrics on 5th of July. My current visa is expiring on 2nd of September 2017. Now my overall application has almost taken 8 weeks with no decision (online status check says that my application was last updated on 30 June with decision pending) . My problem is that I have made travel plans on 25th of August hoping I would get a result before that date. I thought it would have provided them more than the suggested 8 weeks period. But now I'm starting to get worried that this might not be the case.

I am fully confident that my case is an straight forward one as I have dealt with visa situations before. I work as a Medical Scientist for NHS and therefore these travel plans is highly important to me as it has taken great deal of effort to find a suitable time. Hence , I am thinking of trying to change my standard postal to priority on this Monday.

Could anyone suggest /advice me if this would be worth it? (rationally in my mind I think its an expensive option , specially given that its already almost 8 weeks with about 9 more days of optimism still to go. But I feel desperate at the moment .)

If not this is there any suggestion that I would be able to do get my documents back without resulting a withdrawal ? One of my colleagues (who has being an ex -Councillor ) suggested me to go to Croydon immigration inquiry bureau. Would this work?

Please, any advice or suggestion would be very helpful and greatly appreciated .

silverbridge
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent advice for changing postal application to priorit

Post by silverbridge » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:25 pm

i applied for extension of my Tier 2 visa too in April 12, Biometrics in 21st. and still awaiting decision.

my advise is: apply for priority service. fill in the performa and send it to their e-mail at 8:30 am sharp. you will get a reply with your unique Priority reference number and a link to apply, email them back again saying that you already have an application and you want to switch from Standard Postal to Priority.

They will have a look at your application and see if they can get a decision within the Priority standards or if you wont benefit from the Priority service. you wont have to pay for anything or file any application at this point. but at least you will get a hint on how is your application going.

you also should write to anyone who might help. I did so with my Local MP and he was a great help. yet i did not get my Visa yet, though it been 4 months.

hope this will help

srishanka1212
Newly Registered

Post by srishanka1212 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:39 pm

Hi silverbridge ,

Thank you for your Kind reply.

Could I ask, when you suggested to apply for priority service did you mean the normal priority applications which are done after 8.30 every morning or the Postal to Priority upgrade service (which is used for application already made ) ?. Standard Postal to priority upgrade also require to fill in a payment section. Do you think even in this service they will have a look at first if the service could be useful for my case before charging me money?

Thanks again for your advice , I emailed my MP today as well !

silverbridge
Newly Registered

Post by silverbridge » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:23 pm

What I did was: apply for the Priority the normal way. Send them an e-mail with a performs attached to your e-mail at 8:30 am. No payment section at all.

They will send you an automatic e-mail with your reference Priority service number, you reply to that e-mail and say you already have an application

That is all.

srishanka1212
Newly Registered

Post by srishanka1212 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:10 pm

Thank you silverbridge,

I am going to do the same on Monday morning !

May I ask , did it help in your case ? Did they accept yours or reply back to you? If they did what was there response ?

Thanks again!

srishanka1212
Newly Registered

Post by srishanka1212 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:36 pm

Hey silverbridge,

Done exactly what you suggested! Applied to update for priority yesterday. And my visa statues is " decided " online today !
I don't know if this is due to priority service or due to reaching 8 weeks timeline, but I can at least have some peace of mind now!

KKS10
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by KKS10 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:21 pm

srishanka1212 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:36 pm
Hey silverbridge,

Done exactly what you suggested! Applied to update for priority yesterday. And my visa statues is " decided " online today !
I don't know if this is due to priority service or due to reaching 8 weeks timeline, but I can at least have some peace of mind now!
Hi
Can you tell me how many days did it take for you to receive all your documents back from the status said "decided" on the system?

Thanks in advance.