ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Countersignatory Childs Passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

1963British

Countersignatory Childs Passport

Post by 1963British » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:56 pm

Moved the family to the UK late last year and just had my young children registered as British Citizens. Now want to get them British Passports but have a slight problem on the countersignatry requirement requiring a UK resident, with current British Passport, known you for two years and a professional!!

I have many individuals I could ask that meet all the above except I have not known them two years.

I have many individuals that I could ask that meet all the above except they are not resident in the UK.

Now, I know we could take a one month holiday in the USA and apply to the Embassy in Washington on Form C2, where the countersignatory can be a US national, yes its burried in the directions. Thats how my Passport was issued.

Any other ideas or knowledge if the UK Passport Office has any flexibility?

In the alternative, what kind of issues can I expect if we travel and return on their US Passports with ILR? I have read about people carrying solicitor certified copies of their registration or naturalisation certficates.

Thanks!!