ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependent and U.K. Born child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

odadvisor
Newly Registered

ILR dependent and U.K. Born child

Post by odadvisor » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:22 pm

Hello I am a bit confused and wondering if you can help please.

1. I have tier 2 employer sponsored visa since Jan 2013 and will be applying for ILR soon.

2. My husband has been in Uk since 2009 (first on tier 4 student then PSW) applied as my dependent in Nov 2013.

3. My question is can my husband also apply for ILR with me in Jan 2018 even though he hasn't been my dependent for 5 years he has been living with me since we got married in Jan 2012. Is it based on the time we have been living together and proof of co-habitation or does it have to be 5 years on a dependent visa before he can apply for ILR. In this case, does he have to apply for another extension. Would be grateful if you could send me links to the guidance.

4. My Child was born in UK in Jul 2015 after which he has travelled outside the U.K. For holidays a number of times so we applied for his leave as my dependent in Sep 2015 which expires at the time my current leave to remain expires I.e. Jan 2018.

5. Do i need to make an application for my child's ILR as well or can I apply for his citizenship once I am granted ILR? Again it would be helpful to have links to the relevant guidance. Also in case my husband can't apply for ILR at the same time as me, does that have any implications on my child getting citizenship ?

Grateful for your help on this.

Many thanks

vinny

Re: ILR dependent and U.K. Born child

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:35 am

3. No. Eligible for ILR around Nov 2018.
5. Child may skip ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:09 am

vinny wrote:3. No. Eligible for ILR around Nov 2018.
5. Child may skip ILR.

Why do you think the partner will not be able to apply with her in January 2018.

My reading of the link you helpfully sighted, provides for 2 categories of people who can benefit under the rules in place before the 09-07-2012. It appears that the OP meets the second criteria
(b) the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of that person at a time when that person had leave under another category of these Rules
under the Rules in place before 9 July 2012, and since then has had continuous leave as the Partner of that Relevant Points based System Migrant, the specified period is 2 years.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:20 am

Oops. I think you are right!
vinny wrote:Note that the "since then" in C may refer to a time on or after 9 July 2012. Otherwise, (B and C) is false or B is redundant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:36 am

vinny wrote:Oops. I think you are right!
vinny wrote:Note that the "since then" in C may refer to a time on or after 9 July 2012. Otherwise, (B and C) is false or B is redundant.
Precisely . That is my construction.

The circumstances mentioned in the subsequent paragraph are for events that occurred after the 09-07-2012.

odadvisor
Newly Registered

Post by odadvisor » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:35 am

Thank you for your response. I have reviewed the links in detail as well and think have got a better idea.

I am still unclear about one thing though. So my husband will move from being my dependent on tier 2 to dependent/spouse visa on my ILR. will he still be able to apply for his ILR in Nov 2018 following 5 years as my dependent (tier 2 dependent and then last 10 months as spouse of ILR) or will his 5 year qualifying period start again from the point of him getting spouse visa?

Thanks for your help!

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:53 am

We think that husband may apply for ILR with you in Jan 2018.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:24 am

vinny wrote:We think that husband may apply for ILR with you in Jan 2018.
Even if the husband has only held PBS Dependent visa since November 2013? Would he not be on the 5 year route as dependent status??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:52 pm

Double oops! :cry:

CR001, thanks for correcting me again.

On further thoughts:
vinny wrote:Note that (A or B) just means that the applicant was granted leave as the (PBS or non-PBS) partner prior to 9 July 2012.
I think that 319E(d)(i) is unsatisfiable as they did not grant leave as a partner prior to 9 July 2012. This makes 319E(d)(ii) applicable.

Moreover,
vinny wrote:(ii)[(b) and (c)] requires that the applicant must be have been granted leave as the partner during the entire specified period of 5 years.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:04 pm

I genuinely thought that OP was a PBS migrant in a category other than the currect before November 2013. It appear you were correct. That my eyes or brain was playing tricks with me.

OP partoner was living with him, that married before July 9th 2012 but he did not become his dependant under November 2013.

So yes vinny, I retract my initial question.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:12 pm

Obie wrote:I genuinely thought that OP was a PBS migrant in a category other than the currect before November 2013. It appear you were correct. That my eyes or brain was playing tricks with me.

OP partoner was living with him, that married before July 9th 2012 but he did not become his dependant under November 2013.

So yes vinny, I retract my initial question.
It must be that Sunday feeling again which we all seem to suffer with from time to time :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.