ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch to T2 general dependent & continue existing T2 ICTjob

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

acdindian
India

Switch to T2 general dependent & continue existing T2 ICTjob

Post by acdindian » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:40 pm

Hi Team,

Good afternoon. I am currently on a tier 2 ICT visa (main applicant) and my wife has her own tier 2 general visa.
I have now got an offer in the UK, for which I need to switch to being a tier 2 general dependent on my wife's visa.
My question is this- I am serving my notice period at my existing company. Can I change my visa type from tier 2 ICT (main applicant) to tier 2 general dependent and continue to work for my current company?

Also, does home office need to be notified of the change?

Request your kind guidance.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switch to T2 general dependent & continue existing T2 IC

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:28 pm

Yes you can. This is something you need to address with your employer but you must inform them of your visa status once granted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

acdindian
India

Post by acdindian » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:26 pm

Thanks CR001. I have spoken to my employer and they are ok with it.

I had 3 follow-on questions:
1. Is any specific documentation needed from my current employer while I apply to switch
2. Once visa is granted, should I update any UKVI/UKBA site or should I just intimate my current employer
3. Can I switch while visiting my home country as well or is it advisable to change in country in UK

Many thanks for your inputs.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:16 pm

1. Is any specific documentation needed from my current employer while I apply to switch
No. Your existing visa continues to be valid until it expires or until a PBS Dependent visa is granted.
2. Once visa is granted, should I update any UKVI/UKBA site or should I just intimate my current employer
Only your employer. UKVI issues the visa, surely they will know you have switched :idea:
3. Can I switch while visiting my home country as well or is it advisable to change in country in UK
Either. Applying from home country is NOT a switch. It is a new entry clearance visa. 'Switch' only applies to visas issued within the UK. The advantage of applying within the UK is you can apply in person for a same day decision. This is not possible from home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

acdindian
India

Post by acdindian » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:28 pm

Hi CR001.

Thank you for the detailed responses. Really appreciate your support.

Regarding switching in-country, I was able to find details on processing times for priority service on the UKVI site, but was unable to find specifics on the postal applications.

A friend told me it could take up to 4 months. Wanted to check if there is a link that provides these timelines for postal applications.

Secondly, I do believe just applying for a tier 2 dependent visa will not give me right to work for a different employer in UK (given that I am currently on tier 2 ICT, working for my current employer). I will need the BRP in hand before I start my new job - Current joining date is Oct 16. Please let me know if this understanding of mine is correct.

Many thanks once again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:34 pm

Regarding switching in-country, I was able to find details on processing times for priority service on the UKVI site, but was unable to find specifics on the postal applications.

A friend told me it could take up to 4 months. Wanted to check if there is a link that provides these timelines for postal applications.
Correct, postal can take a few months. You also have the option of applying in person at a premium centre if applying within the UK, this usually gives you a same day decision and the BRP card is delivered to you within 7-10 days.
Secondly, I do believe just applying for a tier 2 dependent visa will not give me right to work for a different employer in UK (given that I am currently on tier 2 ICT, working for my current employer). I will need the BRP in hand before I start my new job - Current joining date is Oct 16. Please let me know if this understanding of mine is correct.
Correct, you are unable to work for any other employer until such time as you have your BRP card in hand.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

acdindian
India

Post by acdindian » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:06 am

Sure. Thank you very much for all the inputs.

Much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:08 am

You are welcome. Feel free to post any further questions you have in this topic.

Good luck.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

acdindian
India

Post by acdindian » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:16 am

Hi CR001,

Trust you are well.

Just a couple of follow-on questions on the topic. I was getting the documentation ready for the application.

My wife works for an A rated sponsor. Will it help to get a letter certifying funds for dependents from them? If so, is there a standard format (or a recommended one). My wife has been working with them since April 2016, but she has been on her own tier 2 general visa for the since March 2017.

In addition, will it be fine if her bank account statement has the requisite funds or does it have to be both hers and mine that need the minimum funds individually over the last 3 months.

Finally, request if you could please confirm the following document list is complete for priority service application via post:

1. CoS copy of my wife (main applicant)
2. 3 months bank statements of my wife with adequate funds
3. Maintenance letter for dependents from my wife's employer
4. My wife's payslips for the last 3 months
5. Original passports of my wife, myself and my daughter
6. Original BRPs of my wife, myself and my daughter
7. Original marriage certificate
8. Original birth certificate for my daughter
9. Address proof - the rent agreement is directly with the landlord - will this be fine or is there anything else to be included

Many thanks for your patient read and inputs.

acdindian
India

Re: Switch to T2 general dependent & continue existing T2 ICTjob

Post by acdindian » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:17 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your help so far.

Request if you could kindly clarify the above points. I am due to apply for the visa this week.

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

acdindian
India

Tier 2 Dependent - Switch visa type priority service - form clarifications

Post by acdindian » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:37 pm

Hi Team,

Request your input on the application to be filled for priority postal service to switch from tier 2 ICT main applicant to tier 2 general dependent while in the UK.

My wife already has a tier 2 general and we are are currently in the UK - I and my daughter are on tier 2 ICT. Now both myself and my daughter are shifting as my wife's dependents.

In the form below, I have a few questions please:

1) Choose a service - Are we to choose Tier 2 dependent partner (applying to join main applicant) and Tier 2 dependent child (applying to join main applicant) respectively - can both of this be done in the same form or should it be a separate form for myself and my daughter

2) Applicant Details - should this section have my current details (CoS and BRP as per current Tier 2 ICT) or should it be my wife's tier 2 general CoS and BRP details

3) Dependents section - Can you please clarify the details to be filled in this section based on the inputs to the above

Many thanks for your help. I will be applying this week - hence would be grateful for your inputs.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 2-priority