ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents returned early for Travel - Advice?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dudley83
Newly Registered

Documents returned early for Travel - Advice?

Post by Dudley83 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:30 pm

Hey guys.

My wife is about halfway through her application and we have had to request her docs back to travel. The site only was easy to navigate and seems like the docs will be returned in 10 days with the application uneffected.

Has anyone used this service and how quickly were the docs returned please?

Are they send out 'Signed for'?

Thanks all!

ribena

Re: Documents returned early for Travel - Advice?

Post by ribena » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:32 pm

Dudley83 wrote:Hey guys.

My wife is about halfway through her application and we have had to request her docs back to travel. The site only was easy to navigate and seems like the docs will be returned in 10 days with the application uneffected.

Thanks all!
Time varies. Some get it back within 10 working days. I got mine in 4 weeks.
Yes signed for.

PS: Sorry I am on the wrong subforum! I thought I was in the EEA route! My bad - apologies. But when I applied for my passport to be returned - PR card application, it was returned to me in 4 weeks.

100kg

Post by 100kg » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:54 pm

hello, its ok i did mine last two weeks the documents were returned with 5 days and with a cover letter saying they might request the passport back when they start my case
ribena wrote:
Dudley83 wrote:Hey guys.

Thanks all!
Time varies. Some get it back within 10 working days. I got mine in 4 weeks.
Yes signed for.

PS: Sorry I am on the wrong subforum! I thought I was in the EEA route! My bad - apologies. But when I applied for my passport to be returned - PR card application, it was returned to me in 4 weeks.

Dudley83
Newly Registered

Post by Dudley83 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:11 pm

Thanks so much! Useful to know.

Dudley83
Newly Registered

Post by Dudley83 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:31 pm

[quote="100kg"]hello, its ok i did mine last two weeks the documents were returned with 5 days and with a cover letter saying they might request the passport back when they start my case

Had you already received confirmation of your application, plus the email regarding Biometrics etc? We are quite far down the process line and hopefully they won't need the docs back.

Thanks.

100kg

Post by 100kg » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:00 pm

not yet Dudley. am still waiting . i applied on the 22nd of may did finger prints on the 8th of june hopefully will hear from them soon. following the time lines i think they are dealing with applications of april and those who did boimetrics in may so mine shouldnt be to far.
when did u apply
Dudley83 wrote:
100kg wrote:hello, its ok i did mine last two weeks the documents were returned with 5 days and with a cover letter saying they might request the passport back when they start my case

Had you already received confirmation of your application, plus the email regarding Biometrics etc? We are quite far down the process line and hopefully they won't need the docs back.

Thanks.

alxale

Post by alxale » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:28 am

Hi Guys

I have just recalled my documents for emergency travel (ROA application) and hope to receive it soon. Did you get the return documents by normal delivery ?

Since I have included return special delivery envelope I hope they would use that and not some second class mail

99Sheetal
Newly Registered

Post by 99Sheetal » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:27 pm

Hi

I have also requested the RoA Application documents back for urgent travel. Requested on 8th August no sign of docs yet.

When I submitted the form online, I did not get acknowledgement email so tried again over the weekend but same again.

I rang them yesterday just to confirm if they have received the request but lady on the phone said they cannot check. She mentioned that if the documents are not received within 10 days then submit another form (which is different to first one) and if you don't get reply to the second one within 10 days then they will be able to raise a case / act !!!

absolute shambles !!

Did you guys get acknowledgement for your request??

I will let you know once I get our docs. likewise please let me know when you get yours ,

99Sheetal
Newly Registered

Post by 99Sheetal » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:07 pm

alxale wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:28 am
Hi Guys

I have just recalled my documents for emergency travel (ROA application) and hope to receive it soon. Did you get the return documents by normal delivery ?

Since I have included return special delivery envelope I hope they would use that and not some second class mail
Hi Alxale,

Have you received your documents? I requested mine on 8th August but no luck yet

alxale

Post by alxale » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:25 am

I finally received my documents and the passport has the COE in it, 9 working days after recall. The strange thing is the COE has a date before I recall my documents. So probably mine has already been processed before I asked for the recall. From the date of the letter of acknowledgement to the date on the COE is 4 months.

Did you also provide a special delivery returns envelope ?