ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation document for Standard UK Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shivakumar_ng
Newly Registered

Accommodation document for Standard UK Visitor Visa

Post by shivakumar_ng » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:08 am

Hi All,

I am applying Standard UK Visitor Visa for my Mother to stay with me for 10 weeks and touring UK (primarily in and around London only) I obtained my UK Citizenship a year back (2016) and so British passport holder.

I will be sponsoring my mother's entire UK visit (including travel and all other expenses) by providing all my required documents (BankStatement, Payslips, P60's, Employer letter, Utility Bills etc...) And also mother (who is unemployed) will be producing her owned property document (translated version) her bank statements, rental agreement with the residing tenant and Fixed Deposit documents, for showing financial stability (Anything else is required?)

And also mentioning that after 10 weeks of UK visit she will be returning to India to join back my dad & sister (while she's away my sister would be taking caring of my dad for those 10 weeks)

I am puzzled with accommodation letter though, I would need your expertise advice on producing the required accommodation document.

I stay alone in an Studio apartment (I have lived here in this apartment for more than 6+ years now) and have got tenancy agreement recently renewed. Can I provide this studio apartment as an accommodation to my mother while visiting UK? Being studio apartment do you see, if this could cause concerns by ECO?

This studio apartment is pretty large than usual studio apartments, and can accommodate easily 2 persons
Does producing an NOC from landlord or agent or both, on no objection for 2 persons to be stay, will help?

Please kindly help me in clarifying...

Thanks,
Shiva

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Accommodation document for Standard UK Visitor Visa

Post by poper » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:20 pm

shivakumar_ng wrote:Hi All,

I am applying Standard UK Visitor Visa for my Mother to stay with me for 10 weeks and touring UK (primarily in and around London only) I obtained my UK Citizenship a year back (2016) and so British passport holder.

I will be sponsoring my mother's entire UK visit (including travel and all other expenses) by providing all my required documents (BankStatement, Payslips, P60's, Employer letter, Utility Bills etc...) And also mother (who is unemployed) will be producing her owned property document (translated version) her bank statements, rental agreement with the residing tenant and Fixed Deposit documents, for showing financial stability (Anything else is required?)

And also mentioning that after 10 weeks of UK visit she will be returning to India to join back my dad & sister (while she's away my sister would be taking caring of my dad for those 10 weeks)

I am puzzled with accommodation letter though, I would need your expertise advice on producing the required accommodation document.

I stay alone in an Studio apartment (I have lived here in this apartment for more than 6+ years now) and have got tenancy agreement recently renewed. Can I provide this studio apartment as an accommodation to my mother while visiting UK? Being studio apartment do you see, if this could cause concerns by ECO?

This studio apartment is pretty large than usual studio apartments, and can accommodate easily 2 persons
Does producing an NOC from landlord or agent or both, on no objection for 2 persons to be stay, will help?

Thanks,
Shiva
Should be OK. I sponsored my parents to visit me while i was in a 1 bed flat
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Gnanasekar
United Kingdom

Post by Gnanasekar » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:01 pm

Thanks,
Shiva
In a cover letter to the visa officer you can mentioned that you will take care of the accommodation. Provide one or two address proofs of yours and that should do.

rasinrdj

Post by rasinrdj » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:35 pm

Hi Shiva/Ganasekar,
I'm in a similar situation, just wanted to check what you mentioned in the sponsor letter/sponson declaration? Did you just mention Studio/1 bed flat, or just a flat?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:18 am

in the past, I used to give letters mentioning the povision of accomodation as well as council tax bill to prove I can accomodate. but now, it seems council tax in fact one of the items HO does not require for visitor visa.

main thing is the bank balance.. hope this helps..

kannaiah
Newly Registered
India

Post by kannaiah » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:24 pm

poper wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:20 pm

Thanks,
Shiva
Should be OK. I sponsored my parents to visit me while i was in a 1 bed flat
@poper I'm in the same condition. Could you share how you stated about accommodation in your invitation letter. It would be of great help if you can share your invitation letter.
Thank you.