ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Place of Birth - AN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

my_user_name

Place of Birth - AN1

Post by my_user_name » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:55 pm

Dear All,

I will be grateful for the reply to my query on the AN1 for naturalization.

My place of birth in the current overseas passport and BRP is written as (town, state). However, the state name has been changed now in my country of birth and my birth certificate has the new state name as it was issued recently.

- What should I fill in the AN1 1.11. Just town or (town, state)?
- If I fill up state name, should the state name be old(as per passport and brp) or new?
- Do I need to get the overseas passport updated and bring in sync with the birth certification before naturalization application?

In general, does the naturalisation certificate and passport use the place of birth from AN1 or current overseas passport?

Many thanks

my_user_name

Re: Place of Birth - AN1

Post by my_user_name » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:58 am

Alternatively can I fill up (town, new state name) in the AN1 as place of birth even if the passport has (town, old state name) and get the current state name on the naturalization certificate?

Appreciate the help.

Thanks,

my_user_name

Re: Place of Birth - AN1

Post by my_user_name » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:45 pm

Hi Experts,

I will be thankful for any insight on my question.

Best Regards,