ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRISH "FBR" Adult " Parental ackowledgement

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Emanuel-Skies
Newly Registered

IRISH "FBR" Adult " Parental ackowledgement

Post by Emanuel-Skies » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:18 am

Hi All, I need some help .

Im an adult of 30 , recently established my father on my birth certificate is not my biological father . I now wish to have my biological father acknowledge/ prove paternity via a DNA test with a view of claiming Irish Nationality , which he holds & also to get to know my father/ family in Ireland.
However , my biological grandmother ( Paternal side ) was not born in Ireland but her father was which rules this application route out for me , my biological father qualifies through his grandfather route despite been born abroad and registered in the Foreign Birth Register after my birth to acquire citizenship , however as im too old to be adopted to qualify to apply for Irish Nationality – what legal route can I take for my father to acknowledge myself as his son that would give the same legal effect as a recent birth / adoption to qualify to apply ? Does any one have any experience of this and could share the route they took .

The following below is the eligibility Criteria: Point 4 is the route my Father acquired his citizenship.
Before you begin your online application registration process, make sure you're eligible for Irish citizenship.
An application for Irish citizenship through Foreign Birth Registration (FBR) can be submitted by any person with a grandparent born in any part of Ireland or by any person whose parent received Irish citizenship or was deemed to be an Irish citizen prior to the birth of the applicant.
Is your parent (through whom you are claiming citizenship) an Irish citizen through:
1. A parent born in Ireland?
2. Naturalisation?
3. Post-nuptial citizenship?
4. Foreign birth registration?
5. Adoption?

Matt2017
Newly Registered

Re: IRISH "FBR" Adult " Parental ackowledgement

Post by Matt2017 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:15 pm

Hi Emanuel

I can't provide any legal advice unfortunately but it may be worth checking if you can claim Irish citizenship irrespective of that.

When I was doing some research before submitting my application I came across some legislation that foreign birth registrations makes your father an Irish citizen from date of entry and not from his date of birth. If you were born before he claimed Irish citizenship then you may not be entitled to claim.

I've put a link to the website below, hope it works out for you

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... tml#l97318

jimbucktoo
Newly Registered

Re: IRISH "FBR" Adult " Parental ackowledgement

Post by jimbucktoo » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:46 pm

[quote="Emanuel-Skies"]Hi All, I need some help .

" my biological father qualifies through his grandfather route despite been born abroad and registered in the Foreign Birth Register after my birth to acquire citizenship "

I am sorry to tell you that, because your father's foreign birth was not registered before you were born, you are not eligible for Irish citizenship. My eldest grandchild is in a similar position.