ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child living in UK since 2002

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cdyz5
Pakistan

child living in UK since 2002

Post by cdyz5 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:11 am

Hi need some help.

I am EEA national Living in UK since 2001. had a relationship in 2001 with a British man. had a kid from him in 2002. went to lithuania and gave birth there. came back with a Kid in 2003 since that time living in UK. have no PR as i have gaps in employment. things did not work between us and we get separated after kid birth.

since we came back in 2003 kids always live in UK and so does the schooling here. Kid father is british. wanted to ask if she apply for british passport on behalf of her father where shall i stand is there any way i can later apply for british passport as kid can act as a bridge for my british passport.

he does some time give kid expenses but not always. and i live with another man now and have kids from him.

please help.

secret.simon

Re: child living in UK since 2002

Post by secret.simon » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:41 am

cdyz5 wrote: had a relationship in 2001 with a British man. had a kid from him in 2002.
If the British father is named on the birth certificate and is willing to support the application, then your child can be registered on form UKF.
cdyz5 wrote:any way i can later apply for british passport as kid can act as a bridge for my british passport.
Your child being a British citizen does not give you any advantage in your naturalisation application.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.