ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Geet1328
India

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Geet1328 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:32 pm

tchindy wrote:
tchindy wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
tchindy wrote:Hi all,

I have been following this thread and the previous one for a while, Biometrics were sent on 13/01/2017 from Sao Paulo Brazil, and the On Hold email was received on 07/03/2017. Like most of you here,
we have tried contacting the HO endlessly and it was useless, As helpful as they were too, there was not much our solicitor & MP could do. It has been almost 30 weeks now.

I understand the HO had published a letter a few weeks ago stating the new rules and that from today they would restart considering all the 5,000 applications that were paused, and I've just received an email from them saying my application has been reassigned to an ECO.

Fingers crossed now, I hope that we all get all decisions and visas soon. If anyone who's received the On Hold email gets their decision soon, do let us know. I'll also keep everyone updated.

Best of luck!
Hi
So are you trying to say that they will now only look into " on hold" applications ?? Will they ignore or hold the other applications ?? If they now only look into cases up till may or something the rest of the cases will be kept on hold then ?!? God !! Really don't know what will happen

Hi @Geet1328,

I have no idea of how they'll work from now on, my guess is that they must have a separated team to clear the backlog, as well as another to work on recent applications. Do have in mind that the Sheffield office is not the only one to deal with all 5000 applications. Mine for example, is dealt in Bogota, Colombia.

Hey everyone,

Update on my case, just received an email stating: "A decision on your application for Entry Clearance has been made. Your passport(s) and original document(s) will now be returned to you."
Here in South America it may take up to 16 working days to receive the passport back, fingers crossed it will actually arrive by then. I will keep all updated.

Best of luck to everyone that are still on hold! I pray this ends well for all of us SOON.
Great news!! All the best !!

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:36 pm

Hi Tchindy

When did u submit your biometric's?

And did u receive a hold email??

Hopefully u should b granted with the visa:)

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:41 pm

Hi guys

I spoke to UKVI today and they stated that all the hold cases will be looked into now, has the hold has been lifted since 10th August.

They will process the Priority cases first followed by all the other cases but in the order date submitted.

She did say now the pause is removed all the cases will be processed has new applications with the new rule affects.

She did say it can take upto 12 weeks.

My MP also called the Home Office today and this is the response she gave me;

"You are absolutely correct I confirmed with the Home Office this afternoon that the Supreme Court ruling was indeed lifted on 10 August. As I am sure you appreciate they have told me that cases will be dealt with in strict date order however please rest assured that we will continue to push for an early reply as possible for your case"

Let's just pray we all hear something soon:)

givezemra
Newly Registered

Post by givezemra » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:57 pm

GeronimoBajramCurri wrote:
givezemra wrote:
givezemra wrote:PEOPLE APPLYING FROM OUTSIDE UK

Hi all

Can we track our spouse visa application on the TLS visa centre? Or on gov website? I've been waiting since 24/04/2017 for my husband to join us and I'm feeling really down about it. I'm stressed, working full time with a 3 and 5 year old. If I had an end date, I think I'd be ok but it's the not knowing that I'm struggling with.
Hi I also have applied from Tirana in mid April for my spouse.

You can sort of track your application through the TLS Visa Centre but it is not necessarily very helpful. Once you have logged in, on the left hand side there is an option to click track my application. However in my case after we had received the Supreme Court Ruling letter the passport was returned and the TLS Visa Centre automatically presumed a decision had been made. As a result we cannot not even loggin as the system thinks we have completed the process. NOT VERY HELPFUL.

The only other option like other people have mentioned in the thread is to use the below link:
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... s/session/

However again this is not helpful as it only provides a status when the application has been decided therefore does not provide continual progress updates. But I do loggin everyday just in case a decision has been made!

Are you aware the Immigration Rules changed on 10 August to reflect the Supreme Court ruling. Applications which were paused will be considered from that date. If you were affected by this ruling it means the UKVI are starting to look at these applications and therefore we at the very least should receive an answer soon.

Since we have applied around the same time and from the same country it would be really beneficial to provide updates. I have wrote a long thread to my situation if it can provide any help.
Hi

Yes I agree. I'll let you know if I hear anything else. I pray for a fast positive decision for us both.

I haven't seen my husband since 29th April and I'm going to see him in two weeks and I'm secretly hoping that the visa will be decided by then so that he can come back with me!

Are you in the uk or in Albania?
Hi,

I am in UK.

In earlier threads you mention your spouse was deported in 2016. Would you mind disclosing if it was voluntary or involuntary (my spouse was voluntary)? I understand previous history in the UK would make the application not straightforward regardless of the Supreme Court ruling.

Have you received any communication via email or letter from UKVI to confirm the reason for delay? Also have you tried to contact the UKVI yourself (please see previous threads for my communication with UKVI)? Did you use a solicitor?

I do not envision a response for quite a long time now. As of 30 June 2017, there were 5,000 such applications on hold.

Hi

My spouse was picked up by the authorities on 12th March 2016. He was moved to Portland IRC the following day. On the 14/3/16 I sought legal advice from a solicitor and we put in grounds for leave to remain which was refused. We then requested a hearing for my partner to be granted bail which was accepted. We wanted him to be allowed to leave the uk voluntarily so that he would not hinder a visa application in the future. The hearing date was 5/4/16 and my partner was to appear via video link from the IRC. However the night before his bail hearing, he was moved the Gatwick IRC and therefore unable to appear at his hearing because there were no facilities for a video link at Gatwick and his case was essentially sabotaged. He was removed from the uk on 7/4/16.

I was expecting a refusal at the first decision and was expecting to have to appeal it so was disappointed but not surprised at the 'case not straightforward' email but was surprised by the income requirement email. Because of the complexities, we did use a solicitor.

Do you mind sharing any details about your situation?

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:29 pm

Mehmoods87 wrote:Hi guys

I spoke to UKVI today and they stated that all the hold cases will be looked into now, has the hold has been lifted since 10th August.

They will process the Priority cases first followed by all the other cases but in the order date submitted.

She did say now the pause is removed all the cases will be processed has new applications with the new rule affects.

"You are absolutely correct I confirmed with the Home Office this afternoon that the Supreme Court ruling was indeed lifted on 10 August. As I am sure you appreciate they have told me that cases will be dealt with in strict date order however please rest assured that we will continue to push for an early reply as possible for your case"

Thank you so much for this update .....
Means a lot
As I have applied in Jan 2017 I am really hoping that I get my visa in September
Fingers cross

tchindy
Newly Registered

Post by tchindy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:32 pm

Mehmoods87 wrote:Hi Tchindy

When did u submit your biometric's?

And did u receive a hold email??

Hopefully u should b granted with the visa:)

Hi, Mehmoods87

I submitted them on 13/01/2017, and got the On Hold Due to Supreme Court Decision email on 07/03/2017.

Thank you! :) I hope we all do. It has been a long wait!

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:34 pm

Hi Raj86

Yes hopefully should hear something soon:)

Please do keep us updated if you hear anything, has I have also been waiting since Jan 2017

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:39 pm

Hi Tchindy

OMG snap.. I also submitted on the 13 Jan 2017 and received a hold email on the 7 March 2017.

Please keep me updated on your application:)

Maybe every county works out different.

My spouse biometric's were taken in Pakistan

givezemra
Newly Registered

Re: The decision date keep updated and still waiting the pas

Post by givezemra » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:57 pm

binbin wrote:
binbin wrote:Hello guys, I m new here, please someone can help me!

here s My wife spouse visa application timeline:

24/04/2017 biometric taken
04/05/2017 receive confirmation email
26/07/2017 online tracker shows "Decided", waiting for passport
01/08/2017 online tracker update "Decided", waiting for passport
07/08/2017 online tracker update "Decided", waiting for passport

we called the helpline several time, the guy on the phone said they cannot escalate the case unless its over 10 working date. totally a useless answer!
my question is if UKVI keep update the decision made date, we'll never escalate the case? I did all what I can, email my MP, email the help centre, still waiting respond.
feel helpless, please could anyone had similar experience? or any advice?
Hi guys, this is my final update:
09/08 paid £5.48 email UKVI, got respond on 11/08, confirmed decision made and would receive passport within 10 working days
09/08 call UKVI help line (I think it s useless, waste money!)
09/08 email local MP, and got respond from MP office confirmed calling MP Home Office hotline for urgent review of my case, but haven't heard anything back.
14/08 passport collected, visa granted! travel date: 02/08-01/09
Congrats binbin! Where did you apply from? My husband also submitted biometrics on 24/4

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:00 pm

Yh sure I will keep you guys updated
Any sort out commutation I will update here
Well just 20% happy to hear that they have unhold applications
And decide to recheck
All the best everyone :)

tchindy
Newly Registered

Post by tchindy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Mehmoods87 wrote:Hi Tchindy

OMG snap.. I also submitted on the 13 Jan 2017 and received a hold email on the 7 March 2017.

Please keep me updated on your application:)

Maybe every county works out different.

My spouse biometric's were taken in Pakistan

sure, will do!
It must be, but at least it's good to know they are finally looking into our applications.

MissOwl
Newly Registered

Post by MissOwl » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:19 pm

Mehmoods87 wrote:Hi guys

Hi Mehmoods87,thank you a lot for sharing. Do you mean 12 weeks starting from 10th? So basically another 3 months?

Congrats, Tchindy!

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:45 pm

Hi MissOwl

Yes they said can take upto 12 weeks from 10th August.

But u never know... Some are already getting response like Tchidy:)

MissOwl
Newly Registered

Post by MissOwl » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:08 pm

Mehmoods87 wrote:Hi MissOwl

Yes they said can take upto 12 weeks from 10th August.

But u never know... Some are already getting response like Tchidy:)
Well I only applied in April, so I think it's safe to say I'll be hearing something closer to October:) Thank you again and good luck! :)

binbin
Newly Registered

Post by binbin » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:37 pm

Hi givezemra, my wife applied from China.

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:41 am

Hey guys good morning
Good to hear that applications getting checked.... again...
I will recommend to those who have applied in November and December to check ur application status online. Nd call them to find out what's going on ?
That way we know that they r working on those month applications

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:11 am

binbin wrote:thanks. standard application.
Have u received any case not straight forward emails?

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:17 pm

Raj86 wrote:Hey guys good morning
I will recommend to those who have applied in November and December to check ur application status online. Nd call them to find out what's going on ?
Hi Raj - How are you? I have now entered into 9th month(applied on 14th Dec 2016). Really horrifying and no words to describe the pain. Even you and me did not get onhold email but still awaiting decision. 2 Weeks back I paid £200 and asked my Lawyer to followup. He said he had send mails and letters to HO but no response. I am trying to keep my spirit up. Its really curse they should give at least some some kind of result(+ve or -ve).

sometime back you told u wrote to "WHATDOTHEYKNOW.COM" did u get any reply? if so can u provide me that link.

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:42 pm

Hi MtClientServer

That's awful to hear that u have been waiting since Dec 2016:(

Where did u apply from and where were the biometric's submitted??

Hopefully u should hear something soon

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:22 pm

Mehmoods87 wrote:Hi MtClientServer
That's awful to hear that u have been waiting since Dec 2016:(
Where did u apply from and where were the biometric's submitted??
Hopefully u should hear something soon
Thanks Mehmood bhai for your wishes. I have applied incl biometrics from Hyd,India.
Non priority. No onhold email.

givezemra
Newly Registered

Post by givezemra » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:30 pm

Hello

I emailed UKVI to chase up my husband's application and have received a standard reply. Should I expect to receive an actual update? I exceed the minimum income requirement by a few thousand so it shouldn't even be held for that. That's why I had written to them asking why it was put on hold when I meet the income requirement. Has anyone responded to this reply and received any further information?

"In regards to your query, unfortunately we can not assist if the application has been placed on hold. We can not escalation and investigate further.

Please note that the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visa and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration advisors can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisors, which means they must meet certain standards."

Samundri kings
Newly Registered

Post by Samundri kings » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:52 pm

givezemra wrote:Hello

I emailed UKVI to chase up my husband's application and have received a standard reply. Should I expect to receive an actual update? I exceed the minimum income requirement by a few thousand so it shouldn't even be held for that. That's why I had written to them asking why it was put on hold when I meet the income requirement. Has anyone responded to this reply and received any further information?

"In regards to your query, unfortunately we can not assist if the application has been placed on hold. We can not escalation and investigate further.

Please note that the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visa and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration advisors can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisors, which means they must meet certain standards."

It's rediclious service that ukvi providing over the phone.
I've received this email after 5 working days called for an update.
Our records show that your application has not yet been completed.

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further. Should the caseworker require further information and/or documents they will contact you.

We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance at this time.

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:06 pm

Raj86 wrote:Hey guys good morning
Hi What do you think would be efficient to check application status? via phone or email?

(applied in 6th Jan 2017).

GeronimoBajramCurri
Newly Registered

Post by GeronimoBajramCurri » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:48 pm

Hi,

No it is normal to not receive a specific detailed update - remember your reply is from the UKVI email service not the actual visa section the application has gone to. The only time I have got more detailed information was when the reply came from the UKVI in Warsaw, Poland. The reply was more detailed is this is where the application was being assessed (I know this as they confirmed so in email correspondence) - but even then they were not willing to go into detail and explain why the documents I had submitted were not sufficient to verify I had met the financial threshold element of Appendix FM (please see earlier threads where I have copied and pasted my communication from UKVI).

Like other people have mentioned, calling the UKVI by email or phone is not helpful.
I will only contact the UKVI once it has passed 120 days (24 weeks) as by then at the very latest they should have replied (also bear in mind some unfortunate people in this thread have waited longer than 24 weeks). If they have not replied beyond this date then you can issue a Pre-Action Protocol but this is costly (approx £1,500 depending on solicitor). Even then if they do not give a satisfactory response (please see earlier threads with response from UKVI regarding PAP) as to why they have taken so long you can take it further with a Judicial Review which not only is far more expensive (£4K upwards) than the PAP but can take 9-12 months (imagine in the time you would definitely get a response without having these costs). I have looked into this option and decided to be patient and continue waiting even if it drives me mad - I am confident they will give us a decision no later than the end of this year (I know devastatingly long!). People advised in earlier threads the hold which was lifted on 10/08/17 will take up to 12 weeks to clear - but since I paid priority this should be earlier than 12 weeks. I know its frustrating but as we have proven communication via the paid for UKVI system is not overly helpful and the only other option is to pay the solicitor more money in the route I explained above. I thought long and hard about it and decided I should not need to pay more money to get an answer - also we know for sure the hold has been lifted and they are working through the backlog.

I know I have not replied to your earlier thread about my situation but will do in due course! I hope this message provides some comfort :).

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi,

No it is normal to not receive a specific detailed update - remember your reply is from the UKVI email service not the actual visa section the application has gone to. The only time I have got more detailed information was when the reply came from the UKVI in Warsaw, Poland. The reply was more detailed is this is where the application was being assessed (I know this as they confirmed so in email correspondence) - but even then they were not willing to go into detail and explain why the documents I had submitted were not sufficient to verify I had met the financial threshold element of Appendix FM (please see earlier threads where I have copied and pasted my communication from UKVI).

Like other people have mentioned, calling the UKVI by email or phone is not helpful.
I will only contact the UKVI once it has passed 120 days (24 weeks) as by then at the very latest they should have replied (also bear in mind some unfortunate people in this thread have waited longer than 24 weeks). If they have not replied beyond this date then you can issue a Pre-Action Protocol but this is costly (approx £1,500 depending on solicitor). Even then if they do not give a satisfactory response (please see earlier threads with response from UKVI regarding PAP) as to why they have taken so long you can take it further with a Judicial Review which not only is far more expensive (£4K upwards) than the PAP but can take 9-12 months (imagine in the time you would definitely get a response without having these costs). I have looked into this option and decided to be patient and continue waiting even if it drives me mad - I am confident they will give us a decision no later than the end of this year (I know devastatingly long!). People advised in earlier threads the hold which was lifted on 10/08/17 will take up to 12 weeks to clear - but since I paid priority this should be earlier than 12 weeks. I know its frustrating but as we have proven communication via the paid for UKVI system is not overly helpful and the only other option is to pay the solicitor more money in the route I explained above. I thought long and hard about it and decided I should not need to pay more money to get an answer - also we know for sure the hold has been lifted and they are working through the backlog.

I know I have not replied to your earlier thread about my situation but will do in due course! I hope this message provides some comfort :).
This is very helpful, Thank you :)