ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question of using category F or G for financial requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bobalushy
Newly Registered

Question of using category F or G for financial requirements

Post by bobalushy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Hi there,

I have a question of the financial requirements for FLR-M

Background:

My wife has already been in the UK for around 2.5 years and her leave to remain visa extension is due in September of this year.

I have my own small consultancy firm which I started in 2015, and until April 16 2017, my wife was also an employee and shareholder of the company (although she was never a director of the company). From April 2016, she resigned my company and joined a larger firm full-time where she is earning a significantly larger sum of money. Unfortunately, as of September 2017, she will still not have completed 6 months at her new firm. I am still employed by, and a director of the firm.

We are trying to determine under what category of the Financial Requirements we should apply, and whether we will not fall afoul of the rather stringent rules. To be clear, our total combined income for FY 2016-2017, if we include dividend payments comfortably clears the financial requirements for the last company financial year by a healthy margin. Thus, we believe we should apply using either Category F (or G?) as the main category, along with Category B as the sub-category. However, given the rules regarding using Categories F or G, it is unclear whether

a) the fact she has changed jobs in the last 4 months, i.e., she is no longer employed at my consulting firm company, although, technically, she was still employed at the time of the close of the last financial year (5th April 2017)

and/or b) the fact her total income at her new position at present falls below the £18,600 threshold

negates the possibility of us applying under Categories F/G combined with Category B?

I would be grateful if anyone could shed light on the above.

Many thanks & have a great weekend ahead!

bobalushy
Newly Registered

Re: Question of using category F or G for financial requirem

Post by bobalushy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:50 pm

Hi,

is there anyone out there who could help me with my question above? Would great appreciate some / any advice! :shock: :?

Many thanks! :)

bandesha10

Post by bandesha10 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:42 am

Hello bobalushy
as her total income is less than 18600 than she will apply along your income. she need last 12 months income as she fall in category B. You are also employed ( no matter in your own company or somewhere else) from last 6 months so you both combine your income.
Good luck

bobalushy
Newly Registered

Post by bobalushy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:22 pm

Hi there,

many thanks for the response. I will look into it further. From what I have been able to discern, since our income over the last 6 months or even 12 months doesn't meet the threshold, but would meet it literally a month or so after the visa expiry date, there is some leeway as long as we provide a cover letter explaining the situation.

If I get any further information, I will add it to this posting.

Cheers,