ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T4 Application - Help with a few questions

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukvisinq
Newly Registered

T4 Application - Help with a few questions

Post by ukvisinq » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:45 pm

I would appreciate your help in how to answer some of the questions on my T4 Visa application. I've contacted the university several times regarding this and they just haven't replied even though it's almost been 3 weeks. I am a Turkish citizen if it helps at all.

So the visa questions are:
1. Have you been assessed by the sponsor by other means, for example references or a portfolio of artwork?

How should I answer this question? I have only submitted my transcript and diploma. My CAS says "Documents used to obtain offer letter: Bachelor of Science from [UK university where I got my undergraduate degree]"

2. Please indicate how you meet the minimum English language requirement relevant to your course

My CAS says "Documents used to obtain offer letter: We have assessed this student’s English language ability and confirm that it is equivalent to CEFR Level B2 or higher in each of the four components of language learning. No documents are required to be submitted as evidence of this."

I don't know which answer to choose on the application. I have a UK undergrad degree and a valid TOEFL.

3. What document has been provided as evidence of payment.

I have paid all of the tuition fees and asked my CAS to be updated to reflect this. However I can't check whether it has been updated. I also have the invoice but it doesn't have a signature on it. Which answer should I choose on the application?

4. What is the main address and contact details of where you will be staying whilst in the UK?

I have tried to sign a lease for a flat however the two of the estate agents for the flats I like said they can't let me sign a lease before I receive my student visa. Hopefully I will arrange accomodation once I receive my visa and before university starts. Is it okay to put down the University's address for this question? Can I put down an airbnb/hotel address since I might have to stay in one temporarily.

Many thanks for any help!

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Re: T4 Application - Help with a few questions

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:00 pm

ukvisinq wrote:I would appreciate your help in how to answer some of the questions on my T4 Visa application. I've contacted the university several times regarding this and they just haven't replied even though it's almost been 3 weeks. I am a Turkish citizen if it helps at all.

So the visa questions are:
1. Have you been assessed by the sponsor by other means, for example references or a portfolio of artwork?

How should I answer this question? I have only submitted my transcript and diploma. My CAS says "Documents used to obtain offer letter: Bachelor of Science from [UK university where I got my undergraduate degree]"

2. Please indicate how you meet the minimum English language requirement relevant to your course

My CAS says "Documents used to obtain offer letter: We have assessed this student’s English language ability and confirm that it is equivalent to CEFR Level B2 or higher in each of the four components of language learning. No documents are required to be submitted as evidence of this."

I don't know which answer to choose on the application. I have a UK undergrad degree and a valid TOEFL.

3. What document has been provided as evidence of payment.

I have paid all of the tuition fees and asked my CAS to be updated to reflect this. However I can't check whether it has been updated. I also have the invoice but it doesn't have a signature on it. Which answer should I choose on the application?

4. What is the main address and contact details of where you will be staying whilst in the UK?

I have tried to sign a lease for a flat however the two of the estate agents for the flats I like said they can't let me sign a lease before I receive my student visa. Hopefully I will arrange accomodation once I receive my visa and before university starts. Is it okay to put down the University's address for this question? Can I put down an airbnb/hotel address since I might have to stay in one temporarily.

Many thanks for any help!
1 : NO
2: UK Degree fulfills the requirement for B2 English required so your good on that.
3: Sponsor would send you new cas if they haven't mentioned full fees paid or it should be on sponsors Note.
4: Put University address and if they ask you (IF) in credibility interview tell them you are in contact with university for accomodation so you be safe on that.

ukvisinq
Newly Registered

Post by ukvisinq » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:13 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
ukvisinq wrote:
2: UK Degree fulfills the requirement for B2 English required so your good on that.
3: Sponsor would send you new cas if they haven't mentioned full fees paid or it should be on sponsors Note.
4: Put University address and if they ask you (IF) in credibility interview tell them you are in contact with university for accomodation so you be safe on that.

Thank you for your swift help. :)

2: I suit three options to answer this question. Does it matter which one I choose then? Because CAS states "Documents used to obtain offer letter: We have assessed this student’s English language ability and confirm that it is equivalent to CEFR Level B2 or higher in each of the four components of language learning. No documents are required to be submitted as evidence of this."

3: After I paid the tuition fees, I asked them to update my CAS. Uni admissions office said my "CAS has been updated by the finance office to show that the tuition fees has been fully paid. You will not be issued with a new CAS statement but this sponsor note will be visible to the entry clearance officer when checking your current CAS in the UKVI (UK Visas and İmmigration) database." However I haven't been able to verify that this has been definitely done.

I have a receipt for web payment however it doesn't have a signature on it, just a PDF. Would it be accepted as a valid proof of payment?

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:13 pm

ukvisinq wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
ukvisinq wrote:

Thank you for your swift help. :)

2: I suit three options to answer this question. Does it matter which one I choose then? Because CAS states "Documents used to obtain offer letter: We have assessed this student’s English language ability and confirm that it is equivalent to CEFR Level B2 or higher in each of the four components of language learning. No documents are required to be submitted as evidence of this."

3: After I paid the tuition fees, I asked them to update my CAS. Uni admissions office said my "CAS has been updated by the finance office to show that the tuition fees has been fully paid. You will not be issued with a new CAS statement but this sponsor note will be visible to the entry clearance officer when checking your current CAS in the UKVI (UK Visas and İmmigration) database." However I haven't been able to verify that this has been definitely done.

I have a receipt for web payment however it doesn't have a signature on it, just a PDF. Would it be accepted as a valid proof of payment?
Ask your sponsor to send you an updated CaS with sponsors notee . send them a formal email that you don't want to risk anything so if it is clear it would be done quickly.

And as pr selection of english what options it gave i don't remember exact what it says. I think it should be university assessed but lemme know the options all it give.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:21 pm

ukvisinq wrote:2: I suit three options to answer this question. Does it matter which one I choose then? Because CAS states "Documents used to obtain offer letter: We have assessed this student’s English language ability and confirm that it is equivalent to CEFR Level B2 or higher in each of the four components of language learning. No documents are required to be submitted as evidence of this."
The form includes that specific option: "Your sponsor is a Higher Education Institution (HEI), and has made its own assessment of your English language ability".
ukvisinq wrote:3: After I paid the tuition fees, I asked them to update my CAS. Uni admissions office said my "CAS has been updated by the finance office to show that the tuition fees has been fully paid. You will not be issued with a new CAS statement but this sponsor note will be visible to the entry clearance officer when checking your current CAS in the UKVI (UK Visas and İmmigration) database." However I haven't been able to verify that this has been definitely done.
Advise delaying your application until you know for sure it has been done.
ukvisinq wrote:I have a receipt for web payment however it doesn't have a signature on it, just a PDF. Would it be accepted as a valid proof of payment?
No but you can just wait and use the updated CAS.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

ukvisinq
Newly Registered

Post by ukvisinq » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:21 pm

I have confirmed it with the admissions office that my CAS is up to date regarding the tuition payment.

I have figured out how to answer 3 of my questions thanks to everyone's help. :)

I'm just not sure about what to put down as my address since I haven't sorted out accommodation yet. Which is preferable in this case, an airbnb/hotel address or the Uni's address?

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:41 pm

ukvisinq wrote:I have confirmed it with the admissions office that my CAS is up to date regarding the tuition payment.

I have figured out how to answer 3 of my questions thanks to everyone's help. :)

I'm just not sure about what to put down as my address since I haven't sorted out accommodation yet. Which is preferable in this case, an airbnb/hotel address or the Uni's address?

University address.