ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business Trips and Immigration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zaw_81
Newly Registered

Business Trips and Immigration

Post by zaw_81 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:53 pm

Hi All,

Apologies if someone has already started this kind of thread. I couldn't find one that's why starting.
1. Two of my friends applied for naturalization start of this year based on 5 years residency they were both
Non-EEA and Non-EU.
2. Letters stating that application has now been processed to 2nd stage were also received.
3. After overall 5 months time they received letters that they don't meet the condition of reckon able stay in
Ireland because of the fact that they traveled for business reasons so they have been asked to apply after
more than 2 years time.
The important thing to note is that while on business trips they were still full time employed here paying all the taxes maintaining accommodation etc still they got this letter. There are other people that I know have been in similar job roles but none of those received this kind of response. My questions are

1. Have anyone else faced this kind of situation?
2. What should be next line of actions?

Hope to see feedback soon.
Thanks.

Syjem

Re: Business Trips and Immigration

Post by Syjem » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:59 pm

Do you have any idea for how long they were out of the state?

zaw_81
Newly Registered

Post by zaw_81 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:03 pm

They were away for significant amount of time maybe up to 2 to 3 years but they were travelling back and forth due to business reasons

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:08 pm

wazagham wrote:They were away for significant amount of time maybe up to 2 to 3 years but they were travelling back and forth due to business reasons
I think that the reason for it cuz they were away for significant time. one of the requirements for citizenship is to be physically in the state and any absence for longer than 6 weeks has to be addressed.

zaw_81
Newly Registered

Post by zaw_81 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:19 pm

Syjem wrote:
wazagham wrote:They were away for significant amount of time maybe up to 2 to 3 years but they were travelling back and forth due to business reasons
I think that the reason for it cuz they were away for significant time. one of the requirements for citizenship is to be physically in the state and any absence for longer than 6 weeks has to be addressed.
OK thanks but lately i came across many people who applied with similar situation but their cases were accepted it seems just like a new development.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:47 pm

wazagham wrote:
Syjem wrote:
OK thanks but lately i came across many people who applied with similar situation but their cases were accepted it seems just like a new development.
Not 2 or 3 years, no chance. Even six months a time with an excuse is too long.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

zaw_81
Newly Registered

Post by zaw_81 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:55 pm

Not 2 or 3 years, no chance. Even six months a time with an excuse is too long.[/quote]

I actually know 4,5 people who were away for nearly 4 years their cases were approved.