ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 General Visa from India - 2017

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Re: Tier 4 General Visa from India - 2017

Post by Mugatiya26 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:04 pm

Chooka_v wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:
Chooka_v wrote:There are global delays in the student visa process.

All applications *should* be processed within 30 days as their time frame states.

I have seen applications take up to 3/4 weeks.

They moved the decision centre for many countries to the UK and, unsurprisingly, they are now overwhelmed with the number of applications and things are bottle necking.
I didn't know about this. Is there a way to find out for which countries/areas they've done this?

And by 30 days, did you mean 30 working days, or inclusive of the weekends?

Sorry for the questions, just super frustrated cos it's over a month since I gave my biometrics.
There is no current information on exactly which, but I believe they will be moving all decision centres to the UK for most countries by 2018.

Did they scan your documents and return them to you when you applied?

It is apparently working days, but i have seen elsewhere that they have said this is 30 normal days. So i can't be too sure, that is just the information i have seen saying "30 days" for standard applications.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y
Yes, they did scan all my documents and returned them to me on the spot. Also, the confirmation email I got was from Sheffield.

Aha, this explains the delay. Thanks for the insight. This is really helpful and reassuring. I really hope they get their act together, otherwise most students will find it hard to make it to the UK in time for their programmes.

mahbolla
Newly Registered

Post by mahbolla » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:11 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote:
christinar1087 wrote:hi mugtiaya annd mahbolla

any updates from your end....... :( :( :( :(
Still nothing. What's wrong with them? Are they planning to process our visas in september or something? :|

I have not received any update. I am planning to email them today.....

Chooka_v
Newly Registered

Post by Chooka_v » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:28 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote:
Chooka_v wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:

All applications *should* be processed within 30 days as their time frame states.

They moved the decision centre for many countries to the UK and, unsurprisingly, they are now overwhelmed with the number of applications and things are bottle necking.
I didn't know about this. Is there a way to find out for which countries/areas they've done this?

And by 30 days, did you mean 30 working days, or inclusive of the weekends?

Sorry for the questions, just super frustrated cos it's over a month since I gave my biometrics.
There is no current information on exactly which, but I believe they will be moving all decision centres to the UK for most countries by 2018.

Did they scan your documents and return them to you when you applied?

It is apparently working days, but i have seen elsewhere that they have said this is 30 normal days. So i can't be too sure, that is just the information i have seen saying "30 days" for standard applications.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y
Yes, they did scan all my documents and returned them to me on the spot. Also, the confirmation email I got was from Sheffield.

Aha, this explains the delay. Thanks for the insight. This is really helpful and reassuring. I really hope they get their act together, otherwise most students will find it hard to make it to the UK in time for their programmes.
I believe various institutions have raised this as being an issue.
They have hired new staff to help, but clearly not enough!

lavey

Post by lavey » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:54 pm

Even I have applied on 14th July from Chennai VFS.Till yet not received any update.quiet worried.

_random_
Newly Registered

Post by _random_ » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:10 am

Hi Chooka_v,

What is the source of your information? I applied from Delhi in mid July too, haven't heard back.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:52 pm

christinar1087 wrote:Hi All,

All of us in this discussion have one common thing and that is "Chennai".Is it that there is some issue with this processing centre for the delay.
This wait is frustrating and testing most of our patience.
when did you applied for student visa? I applied on 12th july ,still I didn't get any reply from them. when I contacted them ,they said I will escalate your application but nothing happened

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:54 pm

lavey wrote:Even I have applied on 14th July from Chennai VFS.Till yet not received any update.quiet worried.
I applied on 12th july ,even I didn't hear anythg from them yet, but my friend applied on same day he got 2 weeks back, I don't know why

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:27 pm

aerobalag wrote:
lavey wrote:Even I have applied on 14th July from Chennai VFS.Till yet not received any update.quiet worried.
I applied on 12th july ,even I didn't hear anythg from them yet, but my friend applied on same day he got 2 weeks back, I don't know why
Your friend must have used piority service or else here all of are waiting standard service.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:41 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
aerobalag wrote:
Your friend must have used piority service or else here all of are waiting standard service.
he got his visa at Chennai.. same standard visa...not prioirity he got his on 17th workin day

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:57 pm

aerobalag wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
aerobalag wrote:
he got his visa at Chennai.. same standard visa...not prioirity he got his on 17th workin day
Were there any differences in your applications? Like intended day of travel?

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:06 pm

no...did u got ur visa? I mean in hw many days after u gt?

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:13 pm

aerobalag wrote:no...did u got ur visa? I mean in hw many days after u gt?
Not yet. I applied on the 13th of July

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:40 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote:
from where? is it Chennai vfs?

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:43 pm

aerobalag wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:
No from Colombo SL. But usually the passport is sent to chennai for processing

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:51 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote:
aerobalag wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:
No from Colombo SL. But usually the passport is sent to chennai for processing
lets hope for the best bro....I got mail from Sheffield, does that mean my application is processing in uk not in Chennai, for u? mail that ur application assigned to eco at uk centre(that one). I contacted them by paying fees,they they have escalated my application last week....did u call them or emailed? may I know what they said to u?

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:54 pm

aerobalag wrote:
According to an earlier post yes, it's being processed in Sheffield. I got the same email on the 20th. I too contacted them and they said they'll notify the decision making centre and for me to expect a call or email soon. That was exactly a week ago.

lavey

Post by lavey » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:55 pm

@aerobalag one of my friend applied for standard visa on 13 and he got his visa on last week.

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:02 pm

lets hope for the best bro....I got mail from Sheffield, does that mean my application is processing in uk not in Chennai, for u? mail that ur application assigned to eco at uk centre(that one). I contacted them by paying fees,they they have escalated my application last week....did u call them or emailed? may I know what they said to u?[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Nothing happens in escalation tbh
I escalated 20 july callem then 9 aug 15 working days after escalation . They said we can re-escalate the case as we are just call centre and we really can't say anything or do.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:06 pm

lavey wrote:@aerobalag one of my friend applied for standard visa on 13 and he got his visa on last week.
ya few of them getting, but I didn't get any reply till now....... did u apply visa?

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:09 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:lets hope for the best bro....I got mail from Sheffield, does that mean my application is processing in uk not in Chennai, for u? mail that ur application assigned to eco at uk centre(that one). I contacted them by paying fees,they they have escalated my application last week....did u call them or emailed? may I know what they said to u?
[/quote][/quote]

Nothing happens in escalation tbh
I escalated 20 july callem then 9 aug 15 working days after escalation . They said we can re-escalate the case as we are just call centre and we really can't say anything or do.[/quote]
OMG then, when u actually applied bro? seriously they are not giving a proper reply, but they are asking money for enquiries, I paid twice . did u get ur visa or not?

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote:
aerobalag wrote:
According to an earlier post yes, it's being processed in Sheffield. I got the same email on the 20th. I too contacted them and they said they'll notify the decision making centre and for me to expect a call or email soon. That was exactly a week ago.
yes, they are saying you will get confirmation mail,,but I didn't get any mail from them..so I again contacted them,then only they said confirmation mail.

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:15 pm

aerobalag wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:
aerobalag wrote:
yes, they are saying you will get confirmation mail,,but I didn't get any mail from them..so I again contacted them,then only they said confirmation mail.
Did you get a not straightforward email?

I didn't. Only the automated email from sheffield

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:18 pm

aerobalag wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:
aerobalag wrote:
With
I just callem them. Lady said your escalation home office has read but i don't know why they haven't send you email till now. All i can do is send them a reminder.well here goes another £10 :cry:

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:22 pm

same bro, I think I have to wait ,ntg else I can do. I gave my biometric on12th july, got ECO confirmation on 20th july...its been 33 days no reply....30 th working day will be 25th of this month///I think I have to wait till that

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:35 pm

:shock:

Although I've lived in the 3rd world most my life, I don't think I've experienced this level unprofessionalism as displayed by UKVI. Tracker's not working, VFS says they can't comment on the status, and the paid enquiry service is saying that all they can do is send them friendly reminders. Unbelievable I feel like we're being treated like colonial subjects or something.