ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document delivery

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dudley83
Newly Registered

Document delivery

Post by Dudley83 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:37 am

Hi all. I have a couple of questions.

1) I requested my documents to be returned due to travel commitments, long before my citizenship was due to be decided. Inside the package, it said that they might need me to send my passport back again but they would write to me to let me know. Has anyone actually had them ask for your passport back again? If so what does the envelope look like that they request it from, or is it via email?

2) When the citizenship ID card finally arrives is it recorded delivery and signed for? Does it show on there that it is from the home office? What does the envelope look like, please? Thanksv for any and all help!

John

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Document delivery

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:52 am

2) when your BC application has been approved you will receive just a letter advising the fact and the follow-on arrangements (brown A5 second class). There is no citizenship ID card. You will receive a naturalisation certificate at the citizenship ceremony, only then you are British, and can apply for a passport.

Can't comment on 1) suffice to say I used NCS which allows you to keep the passport and my application was timed around my business travel plans.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.