ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

self sufficient funds

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

madycal
Newly Registered

self sufficient funds

Post by madycal » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:01 pm

Good Afternoon,
I am new on this forum. I need a help. I am EU national married with Non Eu National. My husband is from Non EU country. We married in UK & applied Residence Card in Ireland. We applied on Self Sufficient basic.
We have funds in our UK bank account, which we transferred into our Ireland account we send them both last one month statements.
I have question how much funds we have to show in our bank account. We send them basic health insurance as well.
Our timeline as under.

Application Send: 18-04-17
Temporary permission received on.05-05-2017
Expiry: 18-01-2018
Decision Due on:-18-10-2017.

We visited solicitors as well they didn't give any answer about funds.

Please anyone have any idea. please share with us. That will really helpful for my husband.

dupalsky

Re: self sufficient funds

Post by dupalsky » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:09 pm

I guess your timing is a little off with your question, being that you have already sent in your application, received acknowledgement and temp stamp already.

Anyway, I don't think you have anything to worry about. If there was an issue with the amount you presented, they would have let you know as they would look at all document provided to know if they meet the requirement and I gues if they didn't, they wouldn't have proceeded to sending letter for temp stamp.

Having said the above, however, I guess if you have about €20,000 euro, without a job, it could be sufficient. But EU treaty did not specify a particular amount in this case.

Dupalsky

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:41 am

Problem is there's no specific amount

someone got approve with only 10 K 5 years ago on this forum .

It could be nice if one of you work then it would be even more easy .

I am on suffiscient ressources for 4 years now ...we didn't have any signigicant lump sum than 5 K but NON EU spouse working does count.

Please dont forget private healthcare insurance for both of you

madycal
Newly Registered

Post by madycal » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:14 am

Thank you very much for you reply we have saving about 14K. I am also looking for work as well. My husband is accountant. He is also looking for work. He was saying if he open a Pvt company & I become employee on that company will this help us ?
My husband become director of company & I will become employee. or I become director.

Thanks