ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa processing time taking too long?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Re: Visa processing time taking too long?

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:18 pm

mjaan wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
mjaan wrote:Oh great so there is a chance they might call you for an interview after your course start date ?? Which means your CAS is already expired .. Ok this is worrying .. I thought they take these dates into consideration while dealing with your case :|
My course start date is 11 sep. Well officially course starts 25 sep but orientation is 11 sep which mentions on CAS.
Is there any point contacting the university about this ? I know they can't really do much but can they check or anything about your application ?
They won't do nothing. I did mine and compliance manager said same thing u received unfortunately email which said it would take longer so you needa wait :roll:

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:25 pm

aajss90 wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Can u tell me about ur friend
Which date he applied
When he got email of unfortunately
And when he called for second interview
And did he got his visa after hiw long.
I just called my friend and confirmed the dates. His visa got refused, but it is a different scenario for him.
He had is Biometrics and everything on 12th June and he received the unfortunately email on 27th June.
His course was due to start on July 17.
But due to the interview being so late (24th July), his course start date had already passed, and the CAS was no longer valid, which is why his visa got refused.
Can u also ask him how long it took to receive passport after interview.

aajss90
Newly Registered

Post by aajss90 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:45 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
As far as i read on forums university allow you atleast 2
More weeks to come after start date so he looks okay to join as interview was a week after course start date .can you ask the reason exact which mentions or did he asked uni to consider him as they wont withdraw the cas until they tell u or defer to nxt intake. His interview was after 27 days after email.

Yes that is correct.
However, since his English was not strong, he was doing a pre-sessional English course, which is around 6 weeks in length. His CAS got cancelled on 25th July, which is 8 days after the course start date. He was quite infuriated by it as he could not have done anything about it. His CAS got cancelled because it was too late, but it was too late because they are the ones that delayed the interview without taking dates into consideration.

The only reason stated on his visa refusal is CAS not valid anymore.

EDIT:
Date of Refusal: 1st August 2017
Date VFS sent message to collect passport: 15th August 2017 (today)

Yousef
Newly Registered

Post by Yousef » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:58 pm

aajss90 wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
As far as i read on forums university allow you atleast 2
More weeks to come after start date so he looks okay to join as interview was a week after course start date .can you ask the reason exact which mentions or did he asked uni to consider him as they wont withdraw the cas until they tell u or defer to nxt intake. His interview was after 27 days after email.

Yes that is correct.
However, since his English was not strong, he was doing a pre-sessional English course, which is around 6 weeks in length. His CAS got cancelled on 25th July, which is 8 days after the course start date. He was quite infuriated by it as he could not have done anything about it. His CAS got cancelled because it was too late, but it was too late because they are the ones that delayed the interview without taking dates into consideration.

The only reason stated on his visa refusal is CAS not valid anymore.

EDIT:
It takes 2 weeks to get the passport after decision?

aajss90
Newly Registered

Post by aajss90 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:02 pm

Yousef wrote:
aajss90 wrote:
EDIT:
Yes, that's how long it took him unfortunately.

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:25 pm

aajss90 wrote:
Yousef wrote:
aajss90 wrote:
EDIT:
Now that is something to worry now . Im sooo worried now :(

aajss90
Newly Registered

Post by aajss90 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:56 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
aajss90 wrote:
Yousef wrote:
aajss90 wrote:
EDIT:
Now that is something to worry now . Im sooo worried now :(
Guess we're all on the same boat.
This waiting game is killing us. :? :(
Hopefully InshaAllah it all works out well for us!

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:03 pm

It takes 2 weeks

Hopefully InshaAllah it all works out well for us![
/quote]
Whixh country you have applied from and how long is visa proceessing time in your country.

Here in karachi pakistan its 100% in 15 days

aajss90
Newly Registered

Post by aajss90 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:25 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
aajss90 wrote:
Hopefully InshaAllah it all works out well for us!
Whixh country you have applied from and how long is visa proceessing time in your country.

Here in karachi pakistan its 100% in 15 days
I am applying from Doha, Qatar, but I do have a Pakistani passport.
It is 100% in 10 Days here. But those are just estimates. One thing to note is on that very page, it says these times are for all decisions made in May 2017, and haven't been updated since (at least not for Qatar). I don't think there were that many people who applied for a Tier 4 visa during that period of time, hence why it was 10 days.

mjaan

Post by mjaan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:10 pm

As far as I know , once the decision is made you get ur passport in 3-4 days

Yousef
Newly Registered

Post by Yousef » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:06 pm

mjaan wrote:As far as I know , once the decision is made you get ur passport in 3-4 days
Thank you :idea:

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:41 am

Yousef wrote:
mjaan wrote:As far as I know , once the decision is made you get ur passport in 3-4 days
Yousuf whats the update on your side. Did u got email of u fortunately case not straight forward and did u manage to get any reply from your uni.
My one other friend applied from iran on 5 july and yesterday he got unfortunately email and as for the other one applied 3 july he got email after 14 days.

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:47 am

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Yousef wrote:
Yousuf whats the update on your side. Did u got email of u fortunately case not straight forward and did u manage to get any reply from your uni.
My one other friend applied from iran on 5 july and yesterday he got unfortunately email and as for the other one applied 3 july he got email after 14 days.
Woah.. So you get those emails even 6 weeks after applying? Extremely worried now

Yousef
Newly Registered

Post by Yousef » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:34 am

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Yousef wrote:
My university has sent me an email on Monday saying that the casework team is aiming to make a decision early this week. 2 hours later i received a phonecall for a second interview and I did it. They havent sent me an unfortunately email though.
The university said they should make a decision this week and if they don't i should tell the university so they can follow up.
Inshallah I'll get my visa. pray for me!

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:46 am

Yousef wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Yousef wrote:
My university has sent me an email on Monday saying that the casework team is aiming to make a decision early this week. 2 hours later i received a phonecall for a second interview and I did it. They havent sent me an unfortunately email though.
The university said they should make a decision this week and if they don't i should tell the university so they can follow up.
IS THIS ABOUT admission reply or visa decision?

mjaan

Post by mjaan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:49 am

Yousef wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Yousef wrote:
Hey yousef , that's great , now you have a timeframe.
Can I ask what exactly you asked university to do , because every time I asked them for help they jus answer oh it's peak time blah blah just and jus wait .

Thanks

Yousef
Newly Registered

Post by Yousef » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:26 pm

mjaan wrote:
Hey yousef , that's great , now you have a timeframe.
Can I ask what exactly you asked university to do , because every time I asked them for help they jus answer oh it's peak time blah blah just and jus wait .

Thanks
I have sent them the timeline of my application and the visa GWF number and asked them if that's normal.
I think my university is just cooperative?

Yousef
Newly Registered

Post by Yousef » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:27 pm

aerobalag wrote: IS THIS ABOUT admission reply or visa decision?
The phone call was from the ECO

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:28 pm

Yousef wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Yousef wrote:

Can you tell a bit more about the second interview.How long it lasted and questions.

Yousef
Newly Registered

Post by Yousef » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:29 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote: Can you tell a bit more about the second interview.How long it lasted and questions.
It was identical to the first interview but more in depth about where and how the money come from.. and how am I planning to live in the UK and what will I do after my course is done. It lasted for 30 minutes and the questions were fimiliar.

mjaan

Post by mjaan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:39 pm

Thanks yousef

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:01 pm

Yousef wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote: Can you tell a bit more about the second interview.How long it lasted and questions.
It was identical to the first interview but more in depth about where and how the money come from.. and how am I planning to live in the UK and what will I do after my course is done. It lasted for 30 minutes and the questions were fimiliar.
when u gave ur biometric? date and place? after how many working days they called you for second interview?

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:28 pm

Has anyone who applied in July from non-low risk countries receive their visa?

aajss90
Newly Registered

Post by aajss90 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:42 pm

UPDATE:

So I have been checking my status on this link impatiently every few hours throughout the day:
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Just to let you know, the way this link works is it will only show you your application status once it is decided. If you try to input your GWF code and the application is still under process, it will show code unrecognized. It was showing code unrecognized every time I checked, until today.

I checked right now, and it is updated showing the decision has been decided. (and it might take upto 10 working days to deliver).

I did not receive any call for a second interview. So I guess the not straightforward e-mail was just to justify the extra time they took. Now I just have to wait for my passport, which will probably by quite nerve-wrecking :? :? :?

Timeline: (Location: Doha, Qatar)
July 06th, 2017 - Filled Online Application
July 09th, 2017 - Bio-metrics and Document Scanning
July 18th, 2017 - E-mail that application is received and ECO has been assigned
Aug 15th, 2017 - E-mail that "unfortunately, your application has not been straightforward"
Aug 16th, 2017 - Application Status : Decided (shows decision made on 14th Aug)

Hope this helps

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:47 pm

aajss90 wrote:UPDATE:

So I have been checking my status on this link impatiently every few hours throughout the day:
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Just to let you know, the way this link works is it will only show you your application status once it is decided. If you try to input your GWF code and the application is still under process, it will show code unrecognized. It was showing code unrecognized every time I checked, until today.

I checked right now, and it is updated showing the decision has been decided. (and it might take upto 10 working days to deliver).

I did not receive any call for a second interview. So I guess the not straightforward e-mail was just to justify the extra time they took. Now I just have to wait for my passport, which will probably by quite nerve-wrecking :? :? :?

Timeline: (Location: Doha, Qatar)
July 06th, 2017 - Filled Online Application
July 09th, 2017 - Bio-metrics and Document Scanning
July 18th, 2017 - E-mail that application is received and ECO has been assigned
Aug 15th, 2017 - E-mail that "unfortunately, your application has not been straightforward"
Aug 16th, 2017 - Application Status : Decided (shows decision made on 14th Aug)

Hope this helps
but that link is only for people who applied inside uk?