ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alan and oscar

Dependent Visa

Post by alan and oscar » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:41 pm

I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction so I can help a friend of mine.

They are a married Indian couple, she came over in 2004 on a 5 yr work permit, expiring 2009. He came over in 2006 on dependent visa expiring the same time as her work permit. I assume she will be able to apply for ILR in the last month of her work permit (subject to life in Uk etc) but I assume that he won't as he will only have been her 3 yrs. Does he apply for further leave to remain then, and assuming she gets ILR and they are still together, is it pretty much guaranteed that he will get it?

Many thanks

Alan

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:01 pm

There is apparently no qualifying period required for a work permit holder's spouse (196E). He may be included in his wife's SET(O) application. However, they would both need to satisfy the Knowledge of language and life in the United Kingdom requirements.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

alan and oscar

Post by alan and oscar » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:23 pm

many thanks for this, vinny

alan